cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New categories and item specifics are terrible!

All of my item specifics are blank and it seems all comics are thrown into one category - comics, graphic novels, and trade paperbacks.  My comics used to be in their own category for my character.  Now none of my information is in the pre-selected item specifics.  Do they even work if you have to type in your own?  It is ridiculous to have to type and them an item specific for artist, writer, character, title, and publisher.  There is a box where I'm supposed to pick what type of comic - annual, hardcover, comic strip but no option for a standard comic?

Not looking forward to redoing this mess!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: New categories and item specifics are terrible!

You are not alone. 7k listings to update. Honestly, I would wait for the dumb decisions to stop.  It might be a while.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I just leave the stuff blank that eBay screws up.  No point in wasting the time when eBay actively suppresses listings anyways.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi jaring, Thank you for taking the time to share this valuable feedback and for reaching out to us about the recent changes in Comic Books categories. We're sorry to hear that you have had a frustrating experience with the newly added parameters and eBay no longer categorizing Comic Books by Character as a result of the category changes. In Comic Books, Age and Character-based categories have been retired and replaced by product type categories, divided by comic tradition: American & English speaking Comics, Franco-Belgian and Asian Comic. Original comic art categories have been combined into a single category and a new merchandising area has been introduced. The categories are being replaced by item specifics and left-hand navigation refinements for Era, Character, Series, Publisher, Universe and Tradition. This should enable a more flexible browsing experience going forward, for example there is now a refinement for Silver Age Comics. As the category changes roll out, there will be some fluctuation in the item specifics and left-hand navigation filters. This should settle down in the next few days. We apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime. Kind regards, Ella

Message 4 of 4
latest reply