cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Single Card Condition in Item Specifics

Does anyone know how to deal with the new Conditions that Ebay has for single sports and nonsports cards?  If you put Excellent condition, Ebay states it has damage. Yet, I hesitate to state a card is mint when it is at least excellent with no visible damage. You can no longer use Very Good as Ebay states that is a heavily damaged card. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: New Single Card Condition in Item Specifics

I use Becketts grading system. Their VG is for poor cards and ex is more for vg.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I include a detailed condition statement and sometimes a real grade in my description. I always have scans of both sides of the card and point the buyer to them.

What I use for that field seems to differ by my mood on that day.

Another bogus improvement.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Whoever set up those conditions doesn't know much about trading cards. Ebay claims they are trying to cut down on item not as described claims. The way I see it, it will increase them. Maybe that is what ebay wants so they can charge higher fees for below standard sellers. It would make more sense if they used the industry standard "beckett" for their condition. The way it is now is confusing for both the buyer and the seller.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply