cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Item Detail page. BETA? There is no longer a large photo view option Not a Fan

New Item Detail page. BETA? There is no longer a large photo view option Not a Fan

I have a seller account and a buyer account. Currently the New layout is only on my selling account, so this is definitely some beta rollout.

I'm not a fan as a buyer or a seller.

Now when you click on the main photo, you just get a zoom inside the same window.  The photo shows the photo after I clicked on it.  It just zooms the photo in the same window.

NewItemBeta1.png

Before, you would go to a new screen where the entire photo was visible. No more.  Here is the same photo from my buying account.

NewItemOld1.png

In the new layout, a seller has no way of seeing the entire photos in a zoom mode.

I am sure this is once again, eBay coding for mobile apps and screwing people with computers.

I Hope You're Having an Extraordinary June!
Sincerely,
Bruce "ImaPaqRat" Fisher
Remember: People don't stop playing because they grow old; they grow old because they stop playing! So, NEVER STOP PLAYING!

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: New Item Detail page. BETA? There is no longer a large photo view option Not a Fan

@imapaqrat  from my desktop MAC, the large view shows on ur items

why is the photo sideways on ur example?

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Re: New Item Detail page. BETA? There is no longer a large photo view option Not a Fan

I'm not a fan of sideways photos.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

This thread is about the new Item page and the lack of a photo zoom, it is not about horizontal image preferences.

If you look at both screen captures, you will see the 1st photo is not horizontal. I take photos at different angles so the buyer can see the difference of the light glare.

I would change the screen capture on the original post, but it is too late to edit it.NewItemBeta2.pngNewItemOld2.png

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

What is sad is that now the Community threads have better image zoom capabilities than the new Item Detail page has.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@imapaqrat  oh, i thought u were getting sideways photos as well as lack of enlargement photos

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I'm not seeing that, so I guess I'm not in the test. I agree, I prefer the second one. ebay has indicated they are testing a lot of stuff within the view item page, and I gather it could be months before they settle on a new page view overall. So, if there is a place to give feedback about this, I'd do that, but otherwise, it's just wait and see.

devon@ebay  Considering that the View item page has a big impact on sellers, maybe you guys could get the team to come for a monthly chat, where they could explain what they are testing, and gain some direct insights from sellers. Would that be possible?

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

I'm not seeing that, so I guess I'm not in the test. I agree, I prefer the second one. ebay has indicated they are testing a lot of stuff within the view item page, and I gather it could be months before they settle on a new page view overall. So, if there is a place to give feedback about this, I'd do that, but otherwise, it's just wait and see.

devon@ebay  Considering that the View item page has a big impact on sellers, maybe you guys could get the team to come for a monthly chat, where they could explain what they are testing, and gain some direct insights from sellers. Would that be possible?

Hey @my-cottage-books-and-antiques! Thank you for that suggestion and I will be sure to share it with the rest of the community team. If there is any traction on this we will let you know. 

Devon,
eBay
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Thanks Devon

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I've been noticing on the listings where you only get the 'enlarge' function and not the usual "Zoom", that often the enlarged picture is blurry.

You definitely can't see clearly th details you could with the Zoom function.

I think it's an awful idea.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

eBay is at it again. Screwing around with the image display / zoom on item detail page.

As mentioned in the original post, I have 2 accounts, a buying account and a selling account.

Only my buying account has the new, in page zoom function.  IMHO it is a Photo ZOOM feature.

This must be a staggered rollout, since my selling account is still seeing the photo in the old BETTER way.

Once again, the new item display layout  (New, not better) is rolling out during the busiest time of the year; Online Holiday Shopping season.

Why does eBay always do this . . . making significant changes during the busiest time of the year?

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Too much emphasis on the picture leads to people not reading the description. 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply