cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Feedback Flow for Sellers

devon@ebay, elizabeth@ebay , velvet@ebay 

This new Feedback flow started last night and it is not acceptable.  The old format had ALL of my pre-typed Feedback available.  The first time I saw this and clicked the Positive button I got a canned eBay Feedback in the window that I was NOT able to change and what it said was not what I ever would have typed, unacceptable.  This pic just shows a blank page, I closed it before doing anything.  This ONE FB takes up my entire screen.

Screenshot (3778).png

To optimize time I leave FB for Buyers while the label is printing.  Now I can't do that.  What I have to is more work and more steps ... I have to go to my FB history and scroll to the bottom of the page then click the Leave Feedback (Green arrow next pic) link then work on my Feedback task.

Screenshot (3779).png

Below is the page that comes up and this older format does NOT waste my screen space and HAS all of my pre-typed FB in it.

Screenshot (3780).png

Wow, I can see three things on this page.

Please advise how I can get back to the old FB flow???

Regards,

Mr. L

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 1 of 116
latest reply
115 REPLIES 115

How do we opt out of the new enhancements that are not enhancements???

You don't.

You hop on the other side of the fence. No enhancements needed.

Message 16 of 116
latest reply

@byrd69er wrote:

Reminds me of Autodesk products. Great upgrades, in their view, but continued to ignore simple coding issues that even I,  as a dimwitted manager could overcome by coding on my own and creating IU buttons that performed tasks that took Autodesk a couple years to finally release. 

@byrd69er  You're speaking my language, I've run AutoCAD LT since 2000 ... hated the "Ribbons" they came out with years ago ... prefer the old Menu driven pull down screen display.  Am current and still use it in my "day job" LOL!

Regards,
Message 17 of 116
latest reply

@byrd69er wrote:

Reminds me of Autodesk products. Great upgrades, in their view, but continued to ignore simple coding issues that even I,  as a dimwitted manager could overcome by coding on my own and creating IU buttons that performed tasks that took Autodesk a couple years to finally release. 

Or in cases like Softimage/XSI... Autodesk buys them just to run them in to the ground. 

Which seems to be the intent of a lot of these eBay changes within the last couple years. (From the Forum format here, to the new listing tool...)

Message 18 of 116
latest reply

jesh...can ebay for once NOT change things (especially things that were not broke and worked just fine prior) and focus on FIXING WHAT IS ALREADY WRONG WITH THE SITE! 
Does it say somewhere: "always changing the site for the worst possible experience"? that i had missed? 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 19 of 116
latest reply

@mr_lincoln 

...isn't American said, "if it's not broken, don't fix it"...???

Message 20 of 116
latest reply

@nuclearomen wrote:

jesh...can ebay for once NOT change things (especially things that were not broke and worked just fine prior) and focus on FIXING WHAT IS ALREADY WRONG WITH THE SITE! 
Does it say somewhere: "always changing the site for the worst possible experience"? that i had missed? 

Agreed. Not that anyone cares but I am boycotting the word enhancement and improved experience!!! 

Message 21 of 116
latest reply

@nuclearomen wrote:

Wish I could give this and Mr L's #10 another 500 thumbs up - why the need to waste resorces fiddling around with an area that worked fine, when so many other area's are a complete disaster and in real need of attention?

What? So long as you can type 'the quick brown fox' on a keyboard, you can get a tech job at eBay? 

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 22 of 116
latest reply

@collectfest wrote:

@nuclearomen wrote:

Agreed. Not that anyone cares but I am boycotting the word enhancement and improved experience!!! 

@collectfest anytime ebay uses the word "improved" ...just run, you know that translate to horrid coding and site "development". Should just call it what it really is "site undevelopment"

Message 23 of 116
latest reply

@downunder-61 wrote:

@nuclearomen wrote:

Wish I could give this and Mr L's #10 another 500 thumbs up - why the need to waste resorces fiddling around with an area that worked fine, when so many other area's are a complete disaster and in real need of attention?

What? So long as you can type 'the quick brown fox' on a keyboard, you can get a tech job at eBay? 

truthfully, i believe what @mr_lincoln said in another thread recently - they don't know HOW TO FIX anything, so they just keep wrecking everything else lol

can I? i have no real tech training, I like coffee and pointing out ebay's horrid choices though...am i hired?

Message 24 of 116
latest reply

Hey devon@ebay

I've noticed at 2 posts in the AAM Board about this today from at least one BUYER:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Ask-a-Mentor/Leaving-feedback/m-p/33127286#M250271

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Ask-a-Mentor/comments-auto-fill-in/m-p/33127407#M250310

One OP says they suspect a 'virus' is causing the feedback problem ... and said they are hesitant purchasing more items on eBay until it is removed.

Please tell whomever created this 'improvement' that complaints are likely to be pouring in shortly.  This sounds like a really bad move.  😕

Message 25 of 116
latest reply

devon@ebay wrote:

. . . if they need more information I will be sure to reach back out. 

devon@ebay 

Off topic, but still waiting for you to "reach back out" on this issue when you've heard from the correct team:

How much revenue is EB losing because it 

Thanks.

Message 26 of 116
latest reply

devon@ebay 

A lot of us would tell you precisely how we feel about the wrecking of the feedback system and the TOTAL destruction of vintage/fine/costume jewelry, but those words cannot be typed here.   

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 27 of 116
latest reply

elizabeth@ebay wrote:

@mr_lincoln wrote:

devon@ebay wrote:

@mr_lincoln wrote:

devon@ebay, elizabeth@ebay , velvet@ebay 

This new Feedback flow started last night and it is not acceptable.  The old format had ALL of my pre-typed Feedback available.  The first time I saw this and clicked the Positive button I got a canned eBay Feedback in the window that I was NOT able to change and what it said was not what I ever would have typed, unacceptable.  This pic just shows a blank page, I closed it before doing anything.  This ONE FB takes up my entire screen.

Screenshot (3778).png

To optimize time I leave FB for Buyers while the label is printing.  Now I can't do that.  What I have to is more work and more steps ... I have to go to my FB history and scroll to the bottom of the page then click the Leave Feedback (Green arrow next pic) link then work on my Feedback task.

Screenshot (3779).png

Below is the page that comes up and this older format does NOT waste my screen space and HAS all of my pre-typed FB in it.

Screenshot (3780).png

Wow, I can see three things on this page.

Please advise how I can get back to the old FB flow???

Regards,

Mr. L

Hey @mr_lincoln. These are new changes to enhance the feedback flow. You should still have the option to use your pre-filled feedback by accessing your feedback history and clicking on the feedback link on the bottom of the page. I can share your feedback with the correct team and if they need more information I will be sure to reach back out. 

Hi devon@ebay   They do not enhance the flow ... and the red highlighted comment you made is exactly what I explained in the 2nd half of my post ... the point I was making is the new flow does NOT work, does NOT have my pre-typed FB comments and I can not leave FB while the label is printing ... I do NOT want to go through the extra steps of going back to my FB history to leave multiple FBs when I can do them one at a time when I print labels ... I hope you are understanding what I think I have explained here.

How do we opt out of the new enhancements that are not enhancements???

Regards,

Mr. L

Hi @mr_lincoln. We're working on gathering more information about this process and possible opt out options. Once we get more details on this, we'll be sure to update everyone here. 

Thank you elizabeth@ebay  ... we will all look forward to a positive update on this issue.

Mr. L

Regards,
Message 28 of 116
latest reply

@evelyb30 wrote:

devon@ebay 

A lot of us would tell you precisely how we feel about the wrecking of the feedback system and the TOTAL destruction of vintage/fine/costume jewelry, but those words cannot be typed here.   

....and destruction of all things vintage, folk art, vintage Christmas, postcards, toys and on and on and on...

Message 29 of 116
latest reply

@mr_lincoln elizabeth@ebay devon@ebay 

I don't know why ebay is trying to make the normal website to look and act like an app, but please, listen to sellers and buyers - it isn't working, that "universal" approach in web design doesn't exist. Seriously, look at other websites and ebay have a meeting and ask yourselves "why" - because functionality ebay is trying to do is poor. Site design is about functionality first. This is why websites have a desktop website and thing we call these days an APP - which ebay has for all those mobile only users - KEEP THEM SEPERATE. Sellers especially don't want this, creating massive pile of glitches, broken tools and horrid experience in general. Sellers (serious sellers) use PC's/Mac's  to run and conduct their daily business not mobile apps. While many BUYERS may use their mobile devices to PURCHASE on ebay, that doesn't mean ebay has to go and change EVERYTHING to make as I said earlier in the thread the worst possible experience. 

Message 30 of 116
latest reply