cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

comments auto fill in...

When I went to comment on transaction today I click on positive the comment gets automatically filled in with comment I've never made for any transaction EVER, and untrue besides. The comment cannot be changed, backspaced etc.

To me this looks like some sort of virus has sequestered itself into the software.

I am extremely hesitant to use ebay for any further purchases until the software problem is cleared.

Antivirus software (AVG) finds nothing unusual.  I also find it is on both of my computers that I use for purchases.

Anybody know anything about what is up?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

comments auto fill in...

@stuffseeking   This sounds like an autofill feature in your browser.   I see you used the term all good in the past for feedback left for others. 

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

comments auto fill in...

It's not a browser issue.  It is the new version of the FB screens from eBay.  The comment there is meant as a sample, though that's not clear from the layout.  While you cannot delete it, you are meant to just type right over it.   When you start typing over it, it will disappear.  

It's very poor screen design, but it's an intentional change by eBay & is not a virus, nor is it a bug.  I hope we're not stuck with it.   The screen & comment also assumes you are the buyer, even if you are the seller.  

ETA:  Mine is back to the old screen now, probably due to all the complaints & bugs. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

comments auto fill in...

@simply-the-best-for-you 

I just learned of the " feedback improvement"  and have communicated with Ebay community staff.   

Ebay staff is aware that this change was not well received.   Hopefully they will just leave the feedback system alone.    

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

comments auto fill in...

@comics-scifi-collectibles wrote:

@simply-the-best-for-you 

I just learned of the " feedback improvement"  and have communicated with Ebay community staff.   

Ebay staff is aware that this change was not well received.   Hopefully they will just leave the feedback system alone.    

I sure hope so!  I think that's why I'm suddenly back to the old screen (which was much better).  I had the new & not improved screen yesterday.   It was so clumsy & it took me a few seconds to figure out what was going on & I have a software development background.   Everything does not need to look like a phone app.  Esp when it's not in a phone app! 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 5 of 5
latest reply