cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Enhanced eBay Search

I just found a short but interesting article that was just posted on Ina's site about some new changes being initiated to ebay search designed to "enhance" customer search results. The article quotes excerpts from eBay product manager Jason Fletchall taken from eBays corporate blog. Here are a few doozys:

"Providing too many options can be overwhelming for people shopping on eBay"

"At eBay, we've started enhancing our product and search results pages that will meet our customer needs at each step in the shopping process."

"As consumers browse eBay, we've leveraged machine-assisted and deep learning features to help surface the best items for their needs."

"Our goal is to make it easier and more convenient to understand the unparalleled breadth of eBay's inventory, as well as quickly cut through this inventory to find the best deal for you. Doing this well involves understanding the tradeoffs between different listings for something you are shopping for."

Here is the link to the article for anyone who wants to read it:

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y16/m03/i30/s02

I am one day away from my worst sales month in 2 years, and this article instills little confidence that things are going to get any better soon for small sellers on eBay.

Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Re: New Enhanced eBay Search

The above search keywords are not allowed with Lowest shipping and price, try this one by lowest price and shipping and you will see the flawed results eBay has been running for months wasting the buyers time.

Run this search by: Lowest Price and Shipping

OtterBox Defender case Moto X 2nd Generation

Message 46 of 51
latest reply

I'm a programmer. When I release an app I allow 2 different ways to do things  like searching: the simpler easier way, and a more advanced way. I allow the user to choose which way they want to use.

I personally need more search options. I want to search only in Hong Kong, not world wide. I also want to be able to save my default search options to "Buy it now" and "Sort lowest to highest price" as that's what I use 99% of the time.

I hope Ebay can offer these.

Message 47 of 51
latest reply

They have also changed our ability to just browse a category to see what has been listed.  Previously we could do this and get 200 listings that you could scroll through before you had to go to the next page.  Now only 25.  Their focus is "searches" to find an exact item, but depending on how the seller describes an item (antiques), searches often are useless.  That is why I browse daily.  No doubt have a marketing firm being paid millions to come up with new changes that some people may want, but not everyone.  I guess they don't want to make thousands in fees each year from what I buy....

Message 48 of 51
latest reply

I hate this new search method!! Ebay just can't leave a good thing alone!! ALWAYS CHANGING LOOKS INSTEAD OF IMPROVING THE SITE. THEY ARE GOING BACKWARDS WITH THIS NEW SEARCH PAGE!!!!
Sorry for the caps, but Ebay is ruining itself like google ruined youtube.
Message 49 of 51
latest reply

I understand the theoretics behind the new ebay search feature- but I hate it!!  I hate it so much, I went to the trouble of looking for a way to complain about it- which i never do. This feature is the opposite of helpful. If I want to browse for a pair of Tory Burch shoes- it's impossible to do so! This new feature insists that I narrow my search down to "heels," or "sandals."  Maybe I don't want to do that? Instead, I have to go back to "Clothing, shoes and accessories," several times before I can finally look for what I want.  I hope that an Ebay employee reads this, and  lets users make this search feature optional.  If anything, a general item search enables buyers to look at all options, i.e. buy more things. 

Message 50 of 51
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 51 of 51
latest reply