cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative PayPal Balance... How long do I have to pay?

Hi. I recently accepted a return on eBay and now my PayPal balance is -$81.92. The original transaction money ($145) is on hold. How long do I have to pay this negative balance? I should be able to pay it off within a few weeks but is that not fast enough? Thanks.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Negative PayPal Balance... How long do I have to pay?

@kattinsanity  I think the OP needs to transfer $$ in to their PayPal account to cover their Fees ... I doubt they are going paycheck to paycheck but simply don't want to use their own $$ to cover Fees if a sale (and someone else's $$) will cover the Fees ... this month.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 16 of 19
latest reply

This isn't for ebay fees~~The OP had a return where the refund left their pay pal balance over $80.00 in the hole.  They need to cover the $80.00+ shortage they owe pay pal for the refund ebay took to refund the buyer.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

Thanks for the info! I usually always have money in my PayPal for times like this. Of course when I need it the most I don't have it.

Anyways,I called them and sure enough, they can wait til' Friday for a payment. (Thank goodness)
Message 18 of 19
latest reply

@saputo_technologies wrote:
Thanks for the info! I usually always have money in my PayPal for times like this. Of course when I need it the most I don't have it.

Anyways,I called them and sure enough, they can wait til' Friday for a payment. (Thank goodness)

Good news and I'm glad you called as this problem could have become far more expensive for you.  I hope everything works out for you.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 19 of 19
latest reply