cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Feedback from Angry Buyer

I accidentally listed four pairs of earrings for $8 and sold two pairs for $6.40 after a 20% discount sale to a buyer on May 11. I immediately realized that I had paid $6 for them and raised the price on the remaining two pairs to $12 ($9.60 after discount), but the buyer wanted to buy the last two pairs for the same price today (May 22). I told him that I made a mistake and suggested that he make a  Best Offer for $8 or that I would let him have them for $7 if he purchased 10 or more pairs, but he got mad and left negative feedback after saying that I was "greedy" and that he would have been my "most loyal customer" if I hadn't raised the price. He has a feedback rating of 69. I reported him to eBay and blocked him, but what are the chances that eBay will remove that negative fedback? Thanks.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Negative Feedback from Angry Buyer

Hello I had up for auction a tea set it was package and stored away.  It had one bid and the buyer paid right away. I took it out of the box and started to prepare it for shipping and there was 2 damaged pieces. I was not going to sell it in that shape and have a case opened against me. so i refunded his money and a long time ago a ebay rep told me if ever this happened to use the excuse there was a problem with the buyers address so it would not get a ding against my seller account. so I did. he got a full refund and then I got this horrible threatening message telling me to send the item he won fare and square . so I said ok I will re;list it with the broken pieces showing took ten dollars off and did a buy it now. he came back with no way you do a invoice on paypal I won thats it you better send it to me or else. so I call ebay for support and they said dont worry we are here for you  and if he leaves a neg we will take care of it......my behind they did!!!!! sure enough when I didnt sell to him off ebay like they said and he didnt get his way , he retaliated  left a neg and I called ebay and they had me on hold for around a half and hour and then said there is nothing they can do and said the rep from the other night shouldnt have told me she could have help taken it off.   so ebay is only here if you make them alot of money not if you are the little guy ...like me so I have to live with this but I did get the last word I got to respond to the neg. and told the truth. 

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

You cancelled without asking your buyer first then told them you would put the item back up for sale and they had to buy it again. What if someone else got there first? I don't think the buyer really wanted to "buy the item off Ebay" they just wanted the item they won.  Next time something is broken put the ball in the buyer's court. Send them pictures and let them decide how to proceed.

I'm just speechless that an Ebay rep told you to lie to avoid a defect. You cannot provide what you promised to your buyer, IMHO you deserve a defect.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

If sellers can't leave negative or neutral feedback...neither should the buyers.....EBAY FIX THE PROBLEM....BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T HAVE SELLERS , THEN NO BUYERS.....

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Ebay removed the negative feedback and I also got a second negative feedback from another buyer last year who bought an item, changed her mind then refused to return the item but demanded her money back and they removed that one too. I still have zero negative feedbacks after being on eBay since 2004.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply