cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neg FB from a seller saved me a headache

Just had a buyer purchase a free ship (1st class weight) item but in the comments request it be boxed and that if I did this she would leave positive FB.  To box her item/ship Priority would cost about $4 more on an already cheap item so I set up a custom listing with shipping options to pay the additional fees whichever way she'd like.  I messaged her explaining things and she became irate.  I checked her FB-she's notorious for leaving some really mean negative FBs.  After her 2nd aggressive message to me I said I was sorry she was unhappy with the options and I was cancelling her sale.  I immediately blocked her as she's so far sent 5 angry messages so far.  I'm sure I've dodged a bullet especially after I'd read another seller's response to her Neg FB explaining how this buyer must have mental problems/very aggressive.  So, just wanted to pass it on...sometimes even our feedback responses can help other sellers...payin' it forward...  :))

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Neg FB from a seller saved me a headache

Sellers cannot leave negative feedback. But I guess you don't know the difference between a buyer and a seller?

Personally, I would not have bothered to set up a special listing. My listings generally include several mailing options, with or without "free shipping," so any buyer can choose. Box? Sure. I get free boxes so why would I pay for an expensive envelope and risk damage?

~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 16 of 28
latest reply

@duchess-at-speakeasy wrote:
Sellers cannot leave negative feedback. But I guess you don't know the difference between a buyer and a seller?

I think the title was in reference to this quote from the OP, apparently referring to another seller's false Positive (or reply to the Neg they received) to warn others:

"I'm sure I've dodged a bullet especially after I'd read another seller's response to her Neg FB explaining how this buyer must have mental problems/very aggressive."

Message 17 of 28
latest reply

@starlight3k wrote:

I said I was sorry she was unhappy with the options and I was cancelling her sale.

You understand that may have damaged your account and hurt your ability to sell, right?- Chrysylys - 

I don't see how . The buyer was demanding a special service that wasn't included in the listing . She was also using feedback extortion to get the seller to pay extra shipping fee's. I think the OP is right , in that they dodged a bullet . Tulips

Message 18 of 28
latest reply

@chrysylys wrote:

@starlight3k wrote:

I said I was sorry she was unhappy with the options and I was cancelling her sale.

You understand that may have damaged your account and hurt your ability to sell, right?

I tried to keep my post short but to expand a bit-if I'd posted her messages -one where she stated how she felt tricked and doesn't want this...or to do biz with us... it would have been clearer (I chose buyer asked to cancel...and she accepted it within minutes).  Honestly it would be worth it to take the hit (seller cancellation) on something like this if I had to.  The viscous FB this lady leaves some folks...

Message 19 of 28
latest reply

@k-bar-ksaddles wrote:

I'm starting to see a pattern here......

....I'll quit musing now. More covfefe is in order this time of the morning.

OMG that made my day!  I was just laughing with someone the other day about the whole covfefe thing and they'd almost forgot about it...can't let the good jokes die!!!  Thank you!!!!

Message 20 of 28
latest reply

@rolenboy01 wrote:

@tdumonde2014 wrote:

Blocking your buyer will not prevent them from leaving feedback. Using FB to get something not in the listing might get it removed should they leave you Negative feedback.

As far as I can tell a transaction never took place, what they meant by cancelling is they ended the special listing they set up for them because they refused to pay more for the expediated shipping they had requested.

Exactly  :))

Message 21 of 28
latest reply

@starlight3k wrote:

@rolenboy01 wrote:

@tdumonde2014 wrote:

Blocking your buyer will not prevent them from leaving feedback. Using FB to get something not in the listing might get it removed should they leave you Negative feedback.

As far as I can tell a transaction never took place, what they meant by cancelling is they ended the special listing they set up for them because they refused to pay more for the expediated shipping they had requested.

Exactly  :))

You said in your first post (first sentence!) that they bought the item. Make up your mind.

Message 22 of 28
latest reply

@berserkerplanet wrote:
We don't know.

I didn't look because I grow weary of doing the legwork to obtain info that often should have been provided initially. (Though not necessarily in this case. More so in the "How much to ship something unspecified to Australia" type threads that drive me crazy and I mostly ignore)

I did look now though and don't think it's the book. It shows Media Mail shipping not First Class, and the boilerplate does show it as 21.3oz - well outside FCP territory.

Might be one of the items sold on 26, 27, or 28th and weights on those are unknown (though I'd guess within the 15.99oz range even with a box).

So... I dunno.

Sorry for my brevity.  It's for a purchase on a different account.  Item weighs about 15oz packaged.  For it's size to be boxed I would have to use a Priority Shoe box-weight of item, box and packing would bring it into the 1-2 lb. category.  Her request to be boxed was a special note within her purchase (file).  That's what I responded to, gave options and chose to cancel (buyer req.) as she baulked at the idea of having to pay more for the item to be boxed...as in I "didn't tell this in my listing" which offers free 1st class (standard plastic envelope) shipping or Priority flat rate envelope.  Nowhere do we offer a boxed option though we do note in our listings we work with any requests/answer all questions.  Just one of those special customers...  All good now though.

Message 23 of 28
latest reply

@starlight3k wrote:

Just had a buyer purchase a free ship (1st class weight) item but in the comments request it be boxed and that if I did this she would leave positive FB.  To box her item/ship Priority would cost about $4 more on an already cheap item ... 

... so I set up a custom listing with shipping options to pay the additional fees whichever way she'd like.

Are we talking about one listing or two?

Did the first listing say anything about box or no box?

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 24 of 28
latest reply

I have had multiple buyers message me AFTER making a purchase stating they want their item sent Priority mail or that they need it in 3 days for an event...even though during checkout they only selected my free first class option and not the $3 cost to upgrade to Priority or $20 to upgrade to Express. All of these options and estimated delivery dates and shown during checkout. I kindly message them back and say "Absolutely, it looks like right now you have selected the free first class option but we offer Priority for $3 and Express for $20. Let me know which one you would like so I can send you an invoice" I never hear back from any of these buyers. 

Message 25 of 28
latest reply

@chrysylys wrote:

@starlight3k wrote:

Just had a buyer purchase a free ship (1st class weight) item but in the comments request it be boxed and that if I did this she would leave positive FB.  To box her item/ship Priority would cost about $4 more on an already cheap item ... 

... so I set up a custom listing with shipping options to pay the additional fees whichever way she'd like.

Are we talking about one listing or two?

Did the first listing say anything about box or no box?

Purchased ...as in already paid (listing #1) but demanded it be boxed for good FB.   I messaged/explained the postage situation and set up a special listing (#2) for her to pay for the upgrade she demanded-she became sour at this point.

Message 26 of 28
latest reply

@starlight3k wrote:

@k-bar-ksaddles wrote:

I'm starting to see a pattern here......

....I'll quit musing now. More covfefe is in order this time of the morning.

OMG that made my day!  I was just laughing with someone the other day about the whole covfefe thing and they'd almost forgot about it...can't let the good jokes die!!!  Thank you!!!!

It's just such a great word, isn't it? I mean, you can substitute covfefe for almost any noun or adjective. LOL Covfefe makes the world go 'round!

It certainly makes my day go better when I start the day with a hot cup of covefefe. 

Also, neither my saddle scammer, nor my breastcollar/tack set headache have done anything to follow up on their own scamming.  Had a productive day talking business with Paul Taylor Saddlery in Pilot Point, TX, then swung into a small hole-in-the-wall looking place, only to find out it's the FATHER of the man who owns Teskey's in Houston.  His daughter was there.  Much was accomplished.

Brick and mortar tack shop potential is looking better and better. Ebay is great for helping add to my client base, but good God at the fees and scammers and Wal-Mart Return Mentality people. Goodness! Glad it won't be my bread and butter!

I knew I had to ask him about the mysteries of life
He spit between his boots and he replied
"It's faster horses, younger women,
Older whiskey, and more money"
Message 27 of 28
latest reply

>>Sorry for my brevity. It's for
>>a purchase on a different
>>account. Item weighs about
>>15oz packaged. For it's size
>>to be boxed I would have to
>>use a Priority

No apology needed. My comment was referring to other threads, and was just the reason why I was in a "just gonna answer and not do research mode".

Sounds like you have it all under control, and just ran into one of those buyers with no clue about shipping.
Message 28 of 28
latest reply