cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO VIEWS ZERO VIEWS HERE WE GO AGAIN

One of the most common seller issues over DECADES are NO VIEWS on items. You can argue there are 500 kajabazillion

items for sale every second on ebay so it's easy for your item(s) to get buried. You can also argue the item you're selling is not in demand or even wanted but you can't say that about every seller's items in every case.

You're selling globally w/ free shipping possibly free returns lower the price increase the price... you're doing everything ebay suggests  (Yes, I've talked with them, listened to their podcasts, watched videos...) you get zero views & I mean ZERO or at best a handful & those are probably your own.

Do views always= sales? No. I've been selling for close to 20 years on ebay. I've had many an item sell with almost no views only because it was sold immediately. But today views are more critical. So are followers. The more followers you have the more likely your items will sell. LOWERING THE PRICE is not always the answer either. Why? You can never go LOW enough & there are buyers willing to pay for quality.

However...

You could employ an M.I.T. graduate considered some of the greatest mathematical brains in the world who play with algorithms like kids playing with blocks & they couldn't figure out ebay's Cassini.

When you call ebay's (3rd party) call center  & you talk with Ken or Mary (Yeah that's their REAL names) in Dubai, Tokyo, or Tijuana where ever you're rerouted to they have no answer because...there isn't a answer on their screen.

Now that fixed pricing is mandated or soon will be to GOOD TIL CANCELLED you can watch your items get ZERO views for even longer.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Lots of leaps of logic there.........but I'll just point out this:

Listings that are for 3-5-10 days repeat more often during a 30 day period.........obviously....... i.e. 5 day listings show up 6x in the 30 days......

If everything is now GTC/30 days......it will actually cut down on the # of listings shown.......so listings will NOT get "buried" as quickly........

does that guarantee views and/or sales to a particular listing/seller?.......nope........too many variables.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Try this variable for logic then.

Ebay has said we remove really old listings because its very difficult for buyers to find listings they want when there are to many listings clogging up the system.
Now GTC will force more listings to hang around.
Oh yeah and promoted listings doubles down by making an entirely new listing to go along with the one the seller made.

Logic, variables, mythical unicorns...........whatever the reason may really be it all leads to more money for ebay, less money for seller. You can take that to the bank.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Ebay keeps digging their own grave. They will never succeed as a marketplace for new items because there are already too many of these and everyone knows ebay as the place to go for antiques and hard to find items. Any moron could figure out their success came from this type of venue and should be marketed as so!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Now GTC will force more listings to hang around

Seems to me that's up to what the seller does.......if the seller lets it hang around on GTC, or manually uploads it monthly for 5 years........

We say we want control of our listings.....well, we need to take control of them......  If 80% of sellers use GTC or 50% or 40%.......well, they've obviously learned how to manage  them, so can the rest of us.......

As to money........again, it's up to the seller what he wants and does spend......... and plenty more choices than there were years ago.....  Certainly, ebay is going to make money off people selling....that's their business......  Just as it's our business to make money off people buying....  we can either work at it for our benefit or expect it to happen just be cause we throw up a listing...... 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply