Selling
Looking for something new to sell? Find out how to sell and connect with other members for advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

ASK ME ABOUT: Product Research (formerly known as Terapeak)

Hello Everyone, We're thrilled to announce the launch of our brand-new interactive series, which is set to take the place of our former "Monthly Chat with eBay Staff" program. This series is designed to bring you closer to the heart of eBay's operati...

POSITIVE SUGGESTIONS REGARDING GTC

ATTENTION EBAY MANAGEMENTHere's a suggestion pertaining to your sellers of collectible items: make GTC the default setting but give specific sellers the ability to override the listing duration parameter? Better yet, how about creating a new class of...

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 15 replies
  • 12 helpful

This "MAKE AN OFFER" nonsense should eliminate a lot of watchers who don't want to be bothered

I bad enough that the AWFUL Sell page was crammed down out throats, now, every time there is a watcher, there is a push that we sell for less and make an offer to all these watchers. If I wanted offers, I would not STATE "NO OFFERS" I don't have time...

Good til Cancelled a tremendously bad idea for seasonal merchandise!

It amazes when an ebay VP (without a last name, just "Harry", comes up with an idea - seemingly without asking any ebay sellers what they think and how it would affect their business - and ultimately stop them from selling on ebay. I sell mostly seas...

Resolved! Late shipment rate percentage

I ship thought eBay to get the discount and I thought the tracking number was then automaticaly uploaded, is that correct? Or have I been missing a step? I have 147 items sold and was a Top Rated Seller. But in June I was hospitalized and had few of ...

Resolved! "PayPal account Business gift card option." Is that a real thing?

Hi, I got an a message from an Ebay user who just joined today, zero feedback. "Hi, I have a problem trying to pay with my gift card.I just called Ebay and PayPal and they tell me that your PayPal account has not activated the Business gift card opti...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

GTC. Were the over-the-holidays FREE bonus listings a trap for small sellers?

I am a small seller. Wow, I currently have 160 listings, as I took advantage of all those extra bonus listings. Only 50 will be FREE each month with those automatic re-lists. Now with these upcoming changes, I have a LOT of work to do removing most o...

does ebay search engine punish older sellers?

I have a product that i have been selling for a while. its an air filter for a specific machine. I have zero returns. the second highest number of sales. The seller who has the first spot has a sales history of 1 the second spot is a seller with 99.4...

Unpaid Item...can't leave feedback?

So I'm a little baffled that I can't leave negative feedback on a buyer that didn't pay and thus held my item hostage for a week. Here's the situation: A buyer gave me an offer on an item I had for sale, I countered and he accepted. After buying the ...

• 20 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Late shipment rate

Did Ebay recently change their late shipment rate metric? all of a sudden i'm showing i'l be TRS for next months review but I really didn't expect my percentage was 5.77% but now it just shows the number of lates not as a percentage but as a number. ...

Overlapping fees charged between eBay and PayPal

This does not seem right that a seller has to pay fees to paypal for money that will be deducted for eBay as fees. If eBay deducted the fees immediately. PayPal would not be getting extra money out of my balance. They already make us pay double fees ...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Do you fear checking your messages everyday?

With reduced profit margins and slower sales, it's getting really hard to make a decent profit. I now live in fear of checking my messages everyday, that there might be another return or sale cancellation, that essentially nullifies any profit I make...

fear.jpg

Buyer claims they have to pay sales tax

I have a customer e-mailing me to negotiate a price on a buy it now I have for sale. They claim they have to pay sales tax. I don’t understand this, I am not charging them sales tax. Can someone explain this?

• 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

Shipping problem

I clearly didn't think ahead. 2 of my items sold in auction on Friday. They haven't been paid for. I'm going away for a week, leaving tomorrow. I sent an apologetic message to the buyers yesterday morning explaining that I wouldn't be able to ship af...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors