cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My eBay psycho buyer sent me a letter I have to sign for

So on January 7 I was awarded by eBay to give my buyer a partial refund for a blue Kamar devil due to I had picture proof that it wasn’t marked up when I sent it out to her. Before this she told me how perfect it was and how she was going to have it sitting on her shelf and I said thank you. Then on Wednesday she snapped at me saying it had manufacturer defects marks on the left side of the head which wasn’t there when I had it. So I looked through if I had a picture of the left side of the blue Kamar devil before I sent it to her and sure enough I did and it showed that it didn’t have any marks like in her pictures that she sent eBay . eBay told me on January 9 that once I give her the partial refund that I was done with her and the case would be closed. Then the buyer from what eBay recent  told me that my buyer filed an appeal for a full refund and eBay denied to grant her the full refund. Now my buyer is bashing me on her instagram and her fallowers are finding me on TikTok and YouTube and demanding that I refund her the rest of the money. I have my buyer blocked on eBay, instagram, TikTok and now she has sent me a letter that I have to sign for after she has been accusing me of scamming her. I have talked to eBay about this and eBay told me that she is not allowed to go outside of eBay to demand for a full refund after she has received a partial refund. I also did as eBay told me to be “Frank” and message her after unblocking her on eBay for her to message eBay and talk to eBay as eBay wants to talk to her to deal with this matter. I don’t know if I want to sign for a letter address from her cause now I’m afraid she’s trying to sue me for the rest of the money that eBay did not grant her to get. I asked eBay if they could get in contact with her and they said that they can’t the buyer has to message them and then they will resolve it. Also I asked eBay if they could do a curtisty refund out of eBay’s pocket to shut the buyer up and no answer from eBay except for them saying how sorry they are. eBay said that I could report if it gets way too bad to the local authorities. I don’t know what else I can do now but I’m talking to eBay a lot lately. 
#ebayseller

#ebayissues

#ebaycrazybuyer

#ebayrules

Message 1 of 168
latest reply
167 REPLIES 167

Re: My eBay psycho buyer sent me a letter I have to sign for

My apologies to the Buyer (husband and wife) after reading his response. Hope this works out in your favor.

Message 46 of 168
latest reply

@sextons-sweet-deals wrote:

Please confirm what actually happened after I read your post again and other comments in order to put this to rest. 

Did you do a partial refund, or did you win an open case the buyer opened?

And to add to your question to the OP, it would be nice to know the sequence of events that led to someone offering the idea of a partial refund.  Was it the buyer who requested it? Was it the seller who offered it after hearing a complaint from the buyer? 

Message 47 of 168
latest reply

“Now my buyer is bashing me on her instagram and her fallowers are finding me on TikTok and YouTube and demanding that I refund her the rest of the money.”

My wife posted on her Instagram about this transaction because we were blocked from communicating in any other way. The OP has already pointed you in that direction anyway.

At no time did we ask for a partial refund. This item was misrepresented and we were blocked as soon as we sent a message with pictures of its condition. She accepted the return and contacted eBay before she received it.

As for the certified letter, she is free to sign (or not sign) if she would like to know its contents.

Message 48 of 168
latest reply

"My wife posted on her Instagram about this transaction because we were blocked from communicating in any other way."

Thank you for returning here. What I don't understand is why your wife felt she had to go to Instagram with hopes of communicating with the OP after being blocked by the OP to do so through eBay.  Since you posted that the OP accepted the return, couldn't you just have let the return process run through its course with no need for any further communication with the OP?

Message 49 of 168
latest reply

Our communication was in direct response to HER public allegations about us on multiple OTHER social media sites. She mentioned several of these in her initial plea for help above. We were totally unaware of this defamation until we were contacted by others out of concern for our reputation. We do not take kindly to false claims on “deliberately” causing harm to any vintage item! This goes against everything we stand for. The return had already been received and the seller arbitrarily decided to keep half. SHE opened the case against us. Plus, she had the audacity to charge us punitively for a restocking fee - in addition to these alleged damages.

Message 50 of 168
latest reply

Op I see you left your buyer(who is posting in this thread) a positive feedback with  negative comments which is against eBay policy and if the buyer reports it you will get a strike against your account. 

Message 51 of 168
latest reply

@vintagecraze50 wrote:

It might make sense that the buyer would show up and continue their rant on here as well as other places IMO.

The buyer DID show up here. I do not believe the OP. The OP is telling a false narrative. The seller has been exposed.

Message 52 of 168
latest reply

@sextons-sweet-deals wrote:

the seller posted a straight on photo in #3

The left side eye is in the wink position. 

I would also have to entertain why the buyer did not ask questions prior to buying an expensive vintage item? 

Buyers are not obligated to ask questions, remember that. Your job as as seller is to describe your items properly. Yes, it would be nice if they asked questions first, but we do not know they didn't either. The seller listed it as excellent condition. To me that means NO damage at all. 

Message 53 of 168
latest reply

P.S. I knew from the thread that the seller deducted the partial refund through the TRS+ return process. I knew the buyer had already returned the product first. How come others here are not following along? How is it they can toss around accusations or give advice, if they are not even following along with this? 

BAD SELLERS. eBay has too many of them. The OP is the poster boy for BAD SELLERS.

Message 54 of 168
latest reply

@oldschooldesigns wrote:

... The return had already been received and the seller arbitrarily decided to keep half. SHE opened the case against us. Plus, she had the audacity to charge us punitively for a restocking fee - in addition to these alleged damages.

OK, so that means that the seller issued a partial refund because they claimed the item had been damaged before they received it back. Thanks for confirming that.

Have you appealed the partial refund with eBay? What is the status of that? If you haven't, then that's the next thing that you should do.

Message 55 of 168
latest reply

@lacemaker3 wrote:

OK, so that means that the seller issued a partial refund because they claimed the item had been damaged before they received it back. Thanks for confirming that.

Actually, according to the OP, "Then on Wednesday she snapped at me saying it had manufacturer defects marks on the left side of the head which wasn’t there when I had it. So I looked through if I had a picture of the left side of the blue Kamar devil before I sent it to her and sure enough I did and it showed that it didn’t have any marks like in her pictures that she sent eBay . "

So the OP's accusation was not about 'damage' marks (e.g. magic marker, scuffs to the paint job, etc.) but lets call them "congenital defects" like they were there from the day of manufacture.  Therefore, the OP was asserting that the buyer already owned this doll but a defective one, wanted a more perfect one, so she bought one from eBay and returned her defective one.  And supposedly the OP has at least one left-side photo of the doll before shipping ..... even thought it wasn't in the listing, they haven't posted it here in this thread, in fact they have been M.I.A. from this thread since their original post.  

@farmalljr  Yeah I think you called this one.  Seller stinks to high heaven.  - I can't remember if you were in any recent discussions about the 'up to 50%' withholding that a seller can do, but I remember when someone just learned that you don't even have to be TRS to use that feature, they were pretty disturbed, considering the abuse potential of that feature.  -I would say this thread is quite the affirmation of how easily a shiesty seller could abuse it, and that means eBay will probably take it away so honest sellers can't even use it. 

Message 56 of 168
latest reply

@oldschooldesigns wrote:

Our communication was in direct response to HER public allegations about us on multiple OTHER social media sites. She mentioned several of these in her initial plea for help above. We were totally unaware of this defamation until we were contacted by others out of concern for our reputation. We do not take kindly to false claims on “deliberately” causing harm to any vintage item! This goes against everything we stand for. The return had already been received and the seller arbitrarily decided to keep half. SHE opened the case against us. Plus, she had the audacity to charge us punitively for a restocking fee - in addition to these alleged damages.

Thanks for clearing that up.  IMO, there is hardly anything that could hurt more than being accused of something you did not do, and for someone to spread around the false accusations about you in public is shameful.  Hopefully in a fairly short amount of time it will all pass and most people will have forgotten anything bad that was said about you.  You have been through a lot.  

Message 57 of 168
latest reply

@oldschooldesigns wrote:

@oldschooldesigns It is against eBay policy now for a seller to charge a buyer a restocking fee. See policy link below:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/handling-return-requests?id=4115#how_part...

Misuse of this protection

Sellers may only deduct an amount from the buyer's refund in order to recover lost value when an item is returned used, altered or damaged. Sellers may not use this protection to recoup market losses on items returned in the same condition or recoup return postage and/or restocking costs.”

Message 58 of 168
latest reply

Ya’ll. There’s literally a YouTube video showing the side of the blue devil in question with the marks on its face, before it ever being sold. 

https://youtu.be/JAB3Y1M_EqI?si=V4F1ouWLjWZ8xQkU

Within the first minute you can clearly see the marks in question on his face. 
Case closed - the seller was at fault and had lied.  

Message 59 of 168
latest reply

Whoa how did you find that?!!  Like how did you even have the idea that it existed? 
I gotta say, after hearing the OP talk about how sad she was to sell it out of necessity, I empathize with that, also the fact that the tiiiiiny dark speck on the doll's cheek seems so trivial to me considering this thing was made in 1968 and is so rare, I don't understand why the buyer returned it for something so minor.  However, all the seller had to do was just give the FULL refund, and sell it again!  Instead she accused her buyer of fraud and not just to eBay but to the public -why???  Seriously OP if you're not to ashamed to keep reading these replies, WHY did you feel the need to SMEAR your buyer, after already cheating her out of half her money?! 

Message 60 of 168
latest reply