cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My eBay psycho buyer sent me a letter I have to sign for

So on January 7 I was awarded by eBay to give my buyer a partial refund for a blue Kamar devil due to I had picture proof that it wasn’t marked up when I sent it out to her. Before this she told me how perfect it was and how she was going to have it sitting on her shelf and I said thank you. Then on Wednesday she snapped at me saying it had manufacturer defects marks on the left side of the head which wasn’t there when I had it. So I looked through if I had a picture of the left side of the blue Kamar devil before I sent it to her and sure enough I did and it showed that it didn’t have any marks like in her pictures that she sent eBay . eBay told me on January 9 that once I give her the partial refund that I was done with her and the case would be closed. Then the buyer from what eBay recent  told me that my buyer filed an appeal for a full refund and eBay denied to grant her the full refund. Now my buyer is bashing me on her instagram and her fallowers are finding me on TikTok and YouTube and demanding that I refund her the rest of the money. I have my buyer blocked on eBay, instagram, TikTok and now she has sent me a letter that I have to sign for after she has been accusing me of scamming her. I have talked to eBay about this and eBay told me that she is not allowed to go outside of eBay to demand for a full refund after she has received a partial refund. I also did as eBay told me to be “Frank” and message her after unblocking her on eBay for her to message eBay and talk to eBay as eBay wants to talk to her to deal with this matter. I don’t know if I want to sign for a letter address from her cause now I’m afraid she’s trying to sue me for the rest of the money that eBay did not grant her to get. I asked eBay if they could get in contact with her and they said that they can’t the buyer has to message them and then they will resolve it. Also I asked eBay if they could do a curtisty refund out of eBay’s pocket to shut the buyer up and no answer from eBay except for them saying how sorry they are. eBay said that I could report if it gets way too bad to the local authorities. I don’t know what else I can do now but I’m talking to eBay a lot lately. 
#ebayseller

#ebayissues

#ebaycrazybuyer

#ebayrules

Message 1 of 168
latest reply
167 REPLIES 167

No idea why you think you would be required to sign anything from a crazy person.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 2 of 168
latest reply

She has the ability to file a chargeback or sue you in court. He said she said.  Sellers never have the final say. Courts and credit card companies do. You may just learn that. 

No doubt the buyer is acting over the top, but there is no winning when you only partially refunded the buyer and you have the item. They have 6 months with the CC company, and 12 months with the courts. 

Message 3 of 168
latest reply

This is one i have not heard. Sorry your going thru this. I would follow the instructions from ebay. Some people get pleasure out of making trouble where there is none. This to shall pass good luck.

Message 4 of 168
latest reply

Taken to court? Not going to happen. 🤣

Message 5 of 168
latest reply

Do not sign for the letter let it go back to sender. No reason for you to deal with them at this point as you have resolved per ebay policy.

Message 6 of 168
latest reply

@farmalljr wrote:

She has the ability to file a chargeback or sue you in court. He said she said.  Sellers never have the final say. Courts and credit card companies do. You may just learn that. 

No doubt the buyer is acting over the top, but there is no winning when you only partially refunded the buyer and you have the item. They have 6 months with the CC company, and 12 months with the courts. 

Did I miss the part where the seller has the item back? The seller stated they had to look at the photo's too see if there was in fact damage. 

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 7 of 168
latest reply

@slyders_finds wrote:

Taken to court? Not going to happen. 🤣

Good point.

Posting ID
Message 8 of 168
latest reply

This is so simple.

Don't accept the letter.

Totally ignore the buyer.

If the buyer does a chargeback, deal with it.

If the buyer takes you to court, deal with it.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 9 of 168
latest reply

You don't have to sign for the letter.

How many followers does she have on social media? Five? Twentyseven? Fourteen million? Is this a tempest in a teapot? Do some of her "followers" follow for her nutty OTT drama?

While she cannot force you to refund any more through eBay, don't let her know she can Claim through Paypal , if she used it, or make a chargeback through her credit card.

EBay will usually back you if she goes to either of those payment processors.

When you say you have been contacting eBay, you have been usingChat and not the phones right?

Because Chat gives you a written transcript that you can use with either PP or the credit card, and as a reminder with eBay.

They may also try a Small Claims Court mediation. At worst,that may mean a lien on you. And that written transcript would come in handy there.

Put any Messages you get from her in future in Archive, and don't even read them.

Message 10 of 168
latest reply

YOU DENY SIGNING IT!

You block the crazy and report to eBay. Maybe ask around and see if there are any legal options to stop them from bashing you on other sites. 

I would keep records in a file on your computer of all the information that you know is tied to this person. 

You just don't know about people in this world today. 

best wishes on this.

Message 11 of 168
latest reply

Question is...  Is the letter from the buyer or is the letter an attempt to service process.  If its the former can ignore it, if it's the latter then ignoring it can result in a summary judgement via a court.  Is it registered mail?

Message 13 of 168
latest reply

I would return the letter back to sender as refused unopened. 

Message 14 of 168
latest reply

Take a video of signing it, and then flush it down the toilet 

Message 15 of 168
latest reply