cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Sells are Terrible. Anyone Else having slow sales?

Just wondering if any other sellers are having slower sales then usual?

This time last year, I had great sales. Heard that Ebay has so many more

vendors and sellers than we have buyers. I don't know about the promoted listings?

Haven't clue what that means? I've have more returns lately than ever before.

2 of my sellers wore my item and damaged the pristine designer shoes. I lost money

with free shipping coming and going. Couldn't relist my shoes, but the disonest

buyer got to wear them for special event and returned damaged and got full refund.

I Sold designer pair sunglasses and after 10 days the buyer emailed: oh I thought they

were different style? I provided 12 photos. She sent them back wrapped in newspaper.

OF COURSE, THEY ARRIVED DAMAGED...She got full refund! Needed to vent about buyers that abuse our merchandise. This is how I make my living. Time for real job :))) that pays better

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

If I come to ebay to browse shop, I don't mind to much. I love to look at all the small sellers clothes, But if I come here for my supplies that I need. I get extremely frustrated with the search. Usually I will leave and buy it elsewhere. and I've never done that. Even found myself shopping on the wally world site. First time in my life. Always have been a loyal ebayer. Not anymore. We used to have fees over 200 a month, these days my fees are 30 CENTS. SERIOUSLY So over time, we have sort of pulled out.
As for selling on here. I used to have a grand thing going. But every holiday season since about 2012, it gets progressively worse. I sware they really are using their server space for the big box, Chinese sellers on here and shut the small sellers off for the holidays. Boy I can see an opening for a site to come along.... let the sellers sell and take care of their own business. like the old ebay used to be. EBay's computers are bogged down telling all the sellers what to do. That seems more important then offering a fair platform and a good search. Go figure HUH? I guess it's human nature to seek control.
Message 16 of 47
latest reply

I am down 90% from last year, only a couple of sales all year, I did nothing diff. I dont think items are being seen as I do not relist new items but relist the older ones. costs me 90 a month and I cant do it anymore. am stuck with thousands of new merchandise

Message 17 of 47
latest reply

Many like to blame the River but here is what their sellers are reporting on their discussion boards:

"Our sales are down 60%. YOY."

"In spite of having 2.5 times the SKU selection and double the inventory - my sales at this time in 2017 are less than 1/2 of the sales in 2016."

"Same. Last year about 700 products up and had $1000 day last year. This year 1350 products up and I might hit $600 a day and it's been like this for a while."

"After leaving Ebay and Et*y last year - we will be opening those accounts."

"My sales are half of what they were last year."

"Last year at this time we were so busy with sales I was going crazy. This year is slow."

"I sell fashion jewelry and it's been terrible since June."

So while you may think the river is going gangbusters - their 3rd party sellers are doing anything but. It's much easier to place blame than accept reality that people are holding on to their money. Around here craft show sales are dead - they were always packed to the hilt. The malls should be bustling - they've hired extra staff who are just standing around - midweek - I haven't ventured out ot them on the weekend. Over 5000 B&M stores closed in 2017. There are alot of alternatives for those that still have money to spend.

Message 18 of 47
latest reply

@inkydynk wrote:

THATS EBAY FOR YOU EVERTHING IS ABOUT THE BUYER

As a buyer, I disagree. Attempting to buy here is gaining in frustration level on attempting to sell here quite rapidly. I used to buy exclusively on eBay. The ridiculous changes to Search and the cat and mouse games trained me to go elsewhere for my common items and only bother looking here for things I can only get here. As a buyer, I feel that eBay cares way more about eBay and the online games they seem to love to play rather than a good buying experience.

My sellers always provided me great buying experiences in the past. The more eBay jumps in and gets involved, the more frustrating and unsatisfactory it becomes shopping here.

They should fix the site glitches, go back to a straight keyword search, and STOP INTERFERING with the commerce taking place between trading partners. Leave "field guidance" to Kim Jong Un and stop trying to jump in the middle of things you haven't the first clue about.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 19 of 47
latest reply

@tunicaslot wrote:

Many like to blame the River but here is what their sellers are reporting on their discussion boards:

"In spite of having 2.5 times the SKU selection and double the inventory - my sales at this time in 2017 are less than 1/2 of the sales in 2016."

"Same. Last year about 700 products up and had $1000 day last year. This year 1350 products up and I might hit $600 a day and it's been like this for a while."

"Last year at this time we were so busy with sales I was going crazy. This year is slow."

So while you may think the river is going gangbusters - their 3rd party sellers are doing anything but. It's much easier to place blame than accept reality that people are holding on to their money. Around here craft show sales are dead - they were always packed to the hilt. The malls should be bustling - they've hired extra staff who are just standing around - midweek - I haven't ventured out ot them on the weekend. Over 5000 B&M stores closed in 2017. There are alot of alternatives for those that still have money to spend.

I agree with this, but MY point had strictly to do with site function and intuitiveness alone. eBay is too arrogantly incompetent to see that all their supposed "bells and whistles" are just added layers and clicks while "industry standard" is going in the exact opposite direction. They are in their ivory tower immune to the "noise" of what's actually going on. 

eBay's like a weather forecaster who never bothers to look out the window to see what the weather is REALLY doing.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 20 of 47
latest reply

Bob's Blog from yesterday illustrates your point to a T...he does the perfunctory dog and pony show about ALL the wonderful changes ebay made in 2017...and not a peep about the CHAOS that ensued from many of those changes.
It's all butterflies and fairy dust in San Jose...makes ya wonder what's coming out of the Keurig machines in the break room.
Message 21 of 47
latest reply

Worst month in 6-1/2 years -- barely 1 sale a day, and I just barely paid my monthly fees yesterday.

In 2012 (a year after I had first started selling on eBay), I was averaging $1000.00 a month; and, by February 2014, I was close to $1500.00 a month, at which point eBay urged me to open an Anchor Store.  While that seemed to be a great idea at the time, my eBay sales began tanking in the months that followed -- March 2014 I was down nearly 30%, and each month afterward was even worse.  By the time my year was up as an Anchor Store, I was barely breaking even, and I went back to being a Premium Store.  

But my pre-March 2014 sales have NEVER rebounded, and eBay's suicidal format changes have been of no help whatsoever, and have actually only served to be a hindrance.  Overall, my sales are down between 70-80% since February 2014.

So, yeah, it would be REALLY nice for eBay to DUMP all the ROTTEN changes that they've put in place since March 2014, so that we can ALL start making some REAL money again, and stop wasting time on this losing platform.  It doesn't take an Economics MBA to comprehend that if eBay SELLERS make more money, then EBAY will make more money.

Message 22 of 47
latest reply

I was responding to picker deals and his opinion that everyone is shopping Amazon.  There is no question that all sites have glitches - their favorites - as a matter of fact on Amazon - sellers are extremely irrated about the algorithm which tends to place bigger sellers over small sellers so that their items aren't seen. 

These boards provide a lot of information but - sellers must also educate themselves by reading the latest business articles and checking out other sites forums before making blanket statements and just repeating what others say on here when it comes to problems and lack of sales. There's a big world outside of Ebay - and it's suffering too.

Message 23 of 47
latest reply

Sales for us are non existent last 3 days, how can sales be good one day and then no sales or looks for three days, then a good day and repeat, ebay doing this? frustrating for sure.

Message 24 of 47
latest reply

Zero sales. Absolutely nothing. Not even a watcher.

We used to sell $1000 per month on here.

A-z sales are up 50%

I wonder what the problem is.

hmmm?

Maybe... it’s ebay?!

Message 25 of 47
latest reply

@gramophone-georg wrote:

@tunicaslot wrote:

I agree with this, but MY point had strictly to do with site function and intuitiveness alone. eBay is too arrogantly incompetent to see that all their supposed "bells and whistles" are just added layers and clicks while "industry standard" is going in the exact opposite direction. They are in their ivory tower immune to the "noise" of what's actually going on. 

eBay's like a weather forecaster who never bothers to look out the window to see what the weather is REALLY doing.

i don't know what you sell.

ebay works fine as far i am concerned.

you can't blame Ebay for the ever changing market.

i don't even believe it is because people are holding on to their $.

i am convinced that if 1 has the right product, 1 will always do good on ebay.

i can only speak for my categories.

it would be like me, blaming ebay because;

the McCoy, the Fenton, the Haeger, the Hull, even most Hummels, Roseville etc...

NO longer sells.

my friend starting selling on ebay again about 1 year ago.

her first sale was a McCoy green grapes Wall Pocket.

went for well over $100.

probably 1 of the last desirable McCoy piece.

a year later they barely sell for $50 to $70.

i do average on this user name.

but all the better items i list sell as expected.

they don't always fetch high $ but they sell.

ebay works fine.

too much supply is the reason for low sales.

you can't blame ebay for that.

i also am skeptical when 1 says;

i went from 70 sales to few (just an example) in a short period of time.

there has to be more to the story.

Tuniscalot is right.

B&M stores are also closing left and right in my area.

vendors are also moving out of them left and right.

guess who the vendors blame?

the owners and the customers.

the store is badly run, they don't advertise, the customers are cheap.....slight_smile

sounds familiar?

same at the fleamarket.

vendors don't know me but complain out loud they have not made their $20 entrance fee back.

my friend does very well for the bit she does on ebay.

she lists a pair of designer shoes, she gets $200.

she sold another pair (same designer) a few months ago; well over $200.

2 rare pyrex bowls; $400.

some (unknown to me) handmade adorable animals from Germany;

$20 a pop and higher. she sold well over 20 of them (and she bought hundreds from 1 person).

an old beer can; $95.

wallace silverplate ornaments; up to $300 each.

SAS shoes, 1 pair sold after the other one... $30 to $90 per pair...

and i could go on and on...

but why do i bother?

sellers don't want to hear that.

so to each his own.

what matters is that it gives me hope.

letoulousain
Message 26 of 47
latest reply

my sales are just awful and i dont care for the new sell item page either 

Message 27 of 47
latest reply

This is the worst year that I had in a long time. It started when we were asked to remove active content. I have loads of merchandise and need to find a way to sell it somewhere else. I believe that Ebay is done for me.
Message 28 of 47
latest reply

My sales dropped from $3,000 per month last year to less then $400 in a quarter.  I am barely making enough to pay Ebay.  I closed my store and now just trying to maintain until I find something else.  Does anyone have any ideas.

Message 29 of 47
latest reply

its called the new age of lazy people. nobody wants a real job anymore thats why so many people are selling on ebay moreso then ever before and why jobs like uber, doordash etc are thriving because nobody wants to have a real job anymore.. the only way ebay will ever recover is if over 60% of people that are selling on ebay  quit selling .. there are far too many sellers of the same products that no one can compete anymore. that is the brutal reality . until a lot of peope give up and stop selling everyone will suffer.

Message 30 of 47
latest reply