cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-Tool Duplicate Listings Issue

I recently began to sell a New Multi-Tool.  Which is Just One Listing. 

Interesting to me is that one particular Multi-Tool with the Brand Name: Flissa was in just about every (Similar Sponsored Items and You May Also Like) section of eBay for the two Multi-Tools Categories on eBay that I utilized in my Single Listing. 

There must be about 20 Listings of this Flissa Brand. 

Then I began to wonder if all these Listings were from the same Company or Individual eBay Seller, essentially Cornering the Entire Market on eBay for Multi-Tools.  Of course, there is the Rule in eBay's current Directives, that you are not Allowed to have over One Listing of a similar listing for the same product.  

Screenshot 2023-09-28 083751.jpgScreenshot 2023-09-28 083845.jpgScreenshot 2023-09-28 083909.jpgScreenshot 2023-09-28 083930.jpg

"Greatstar" appears in these lisings, are all these from the same eBay Seller?  I don't know for sure but am curious about this, because this would be a monopoly of sorts.  My Multi-Tool is called the 6PRO.  I don't need two listings of it or even 20.  Flissa is but one Maker of a Multi-Tool.  

Take a look at the Sales so far on these 3 Listings: 703 Sales Altogether and that's just these 3 Listings.  

Hmmmm.  Looks like its working.  I'm not actually concerned.  I can profit with my One Multi-Tool Listing, regardless of 30 Flissa Listings.  But should eBay take action if "Greatstar" is actually All Of These Listings?  

Clay Scott Brown
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Ebay won't let the seller list EXACTLY the same 2 listings. But, I think since these are worded differently, yet may be same tool, they won't stop the listings. Even with same pics.  

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Perhaps.  I'm not sure at this point, either.  

Clay Scott Brown
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@bill.purvis2012 wrote:

Ebay won't let the seller list EXACTLY the same 2 listings. But, I think since these are worded differently, yet may be same tool, they won't stop the listings. Even with same pics.  

@bill.purvis2012 

@blackssilvershop 

Even using a slightly different title or price makes it a "unique" listing or this is how it appears. Doesn't seem fair but just how it is.

My biggest issue is that by clicking on a promoted listing the system shows more other promoted and none of the regular non promoted listings. Doing an awesome job of hiding your listing. If you use cut and paste from one of the promoted listing to attempt  a new search there is a very good chance your listing will come up. It used to be the shortest distance between 2 points was a straight line. Not so much with how  eBay search works now.

=Lotz

Message 4 of 4
latest reply