cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meet the new eBay Mastercard

Advertisement on eBay home page.  Earn 5x points, eBay logo on card.

It was inevitable.

Should make paying for items through Managed Payments a breeze.

Smiley LOL

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Open an account today! Now through December 30, 2018, earn a $50 eBay gift card when you open an eBay Mastercard®account and spend $150 on eBay within 30 days of account opening.*

Current eBay Extras Mastercard cardholders
are not eligible for a new eBay Mastercard.

I think the previous card offered a $30.00 credit for opening an account.
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Do u get the reward for using the ebay MasterCard through PayPal?

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Where do you even make payment's for this card received it in the mail today and no info on how to pay,where to long in. Email after approval links to ebay nothing anywhere about ebay credit cards.
Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Whoever at eBay is responsible for doing this co-branded card alliance needs to know what a joke it is, and how embarassing it is to ebay. I applied for the card for the rewards given fairly high $ spending on ebay each month and was approved. Started using it, them started getting declined. Called card issuer Synchrony Financial - turns out their geniuses generously granted me an $800 credit limit. Let’s just say I have enough income to make that absurd and insulting, and frankly incomprehensible. When they declined a modest credit limit increase that would have mostly covered my monthly ebay spending - I pay all my cards off each month - I canceled the card and told them to remove me from any further marketing.

So ebay - these guys are embarassing you and whatever $s you get from them will not be worth it. It’s a good idea and we like reward points but FIND ANOTHER CARD ISSUER PARTNER.

Meanwhile fellow ebayers, steer clear of this type of "financial institution" whose systems must be 1950s and whose call centers when you have inevitable account problems are sure to be somewhere you don’t want to talk to and someone challenged to win an IQ contest with a rock.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Synchrony has offices where I live, their call center people play ping pong while on calls
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

does buying on ebay through paypal count for the 5x points? or you only get 5x points if you used ebay managed payments? Most sellers don't even have managed payments?
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

@collectics wrote:

Whoever at eBay is responsible for doing this co-branded card alliance needs to know what a joke it is, and how embarassing it is to ebay. I applied for the card for the rewards given fairly high $ spending on ebay each month and was approved. Started using it, them started getting declined. Called card issuer Synchrony Financial - turns out their geniuses generously granted me an $800 credit limit. Let’s just say I have enough income to make that absurd and insulting, and frankly incomprehensible. When they declined a modest credit limit increase that would have mostly covered my monthly ebay spending - I pay all my cards off each month - I canceled the card and told them to remove me from any further marketing.

So ebay - these guys are embarassing you and whatever $s you get from them will not be worth it. It’s a good idea and we like reward points but FIND ANOTHER CARD ISSUER PARTNER.

Meanwhile fellow ebayers, steer clear of this type of "financial institution" whose systems must be 1950s and whose call centers when you have inevitable account problems are sure to be somewhere you don’t want to talk to and someone challenged to win an IQ contest with a rock.

sorry you got your ego insulted, but this is typical of synchrony financial. No matter what your credit history is they start you off small. I started at like $700 with amazon synchrony card and after a few months they increased it 10X. Now that I got the ebay one they already have history with me so they started me off at $4K limit. You just need some patience. Synchrony is a budget solution for stores, but it's better than the alternatives.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

@snowic_49 wrote:
Synchrony has offices where I live, their call center people play ping pong while on calls

do you live in the Philippines? Because I've never gotten anyone from the usa when i've called.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

As far as credit cards go, the terms suck. I get card offers in the mail all the time with no interest on purchases for 12 months, and much more incentive points on initial purchase limits.  And the interest rate, 22.24-29.64%. Really eBay? The last card offer I took advantage of was a Chase Freedom, with 10,000 rewards points, a point being 1.5 cents each, for the first purchase $500 or over, no interest on purchases for 12 months, no annual fee, and 15.9% interest. I don't carry a balance on any card charging interest, but I do take advantage of no interest periods for needed purchases. The eBay Mastercard has all the trimmings of a debt trap. No thanks. 

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Their points are absolutely worthless, typically less than half a cent per dollar to as low as 1/4 cent. For eBay purchases I tend to use Amex gold or Amex cash card, though it’s typically only one point on the gold (worth about 1.6/1.8 cents if converted to travel partners) and 1.5% cash back on the Amex cash. The protection and warranty extensions are superior to other cards I use that offer better cash back incentive like Discover (2% all purchases). Depending on what I buy I may also use the chase freedom or chase freedom unlimited as I partner the points with my chase sapphire reserve.  Stay away from “entry level” cards from low market banks. You will get worthless offers, low credit lines and a needless hit on your credit scores. Choose your cards wisely. I suggest using credit karma to determine which cards are most beneficial to you.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

@hotspotauctions wrote:

And the interest rate, 22.24-29.64%. Really eBay? 

I was wondering when someone was going to bring that up. They bet on the cardholders failing to pay their balance and reap massive profits from that.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

@hotspotauctions wrote:

As far as credit cards go, the terms suck. I get card offers in the mail all the time with no interest on purchases for 12 months, and much more incentive points on initial purchase limits.  And the interest rate, 22.24-29.64%. Really eBay? The last card offer I took advantage of was a Chase Freedom, with 10,000 rewards points, a point being 1.5 cents each, for the first purchase $500 or over, no interest on purchases for 12 months, no annual fee, and 15.9% interest. I don't carry a balance on any card charging interest, but I do take advantage of no interest periods for needed purchases. The eBay Mastercard has all the trimmings of a debt trap. No thanks. 

Who cares about the interest rate? You wouldn't get the ebay mastercard for debt or bonuses. You use it for 5 points per dollar spent. Each point is $.66 so that's 3.33% back on every ebay purchase. There is no credit card that gives that much of a reward for purchasing on ebay.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

@buzzapparel wrote:

Their points are absolutely worthless, typically less than half a cent per dollar to as low as 1/4 cent. For eBay purchases I tend to use Amex gold or Amex cash card, though it’s typically only one point on the gold (worth about 1.6/1.8 cents if converted to travel partners) and 1.5% cash back on the Amex cash. The protection and warranty extensions are superior to other cards I use that offer better cash back incentive like Discover (2% all purchases). Depending on what I buy I may also use the chase freedom or chase freedom unlimited as I partner the points with my chase sapphire reserve.  Stay away from “entry level” cards from low market banks. You will get worthless offers, low credit lines and a needless hit on your credit scores. Choose your cards wisely. I suggest using credit karma to determine which cards are most beneficial to you.

their points aren't worthless, 1,500 points is a $10 statement credit. Therefore 1 point is worth $.66 At 5 points per $1 spent that is 3.33% back on all ebay purchases. Way more than the 2% back you are suggesting. There is no other card that gives better rewards for purchasing on ebay.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply