cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCM i just was looking to buy a MCM handbag

over 50% were fake and i only looked at the ones in the US couldn't ebay do a better job at removing fakes or at least keep as many off the site a possible? Is there anyone that check if the post are fake?

sorry i just dont understand how this could happen. When you add in the fakes from overseas its almost 75 % fake.  Very strange that these people can sell these hign end items on ebay with no oversight.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: MCM i just was looking to buy a MCM handbag

"Is there anyone that check if the post are fake?"

You would think it would be easy for "anyone" to check in excess of a billion listings...Smiley Wink

If you & I helped it should only take about...hang on...shoes & socks off...nah sorry the number is way too big for me.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You would think it would be easy for "anyone" to check in excess of a billion listings...Smiley Wink

If you & I helped it should only take about...hang on...shoes & socks off...nah sorry the number is way too big for me.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

eBay has more fakes than real in all categories now, they don't care anymore. Look at Hermes belts, Chanel, Burberry, etc. It's a **bleep** shoot buying designer goods on eBay and one you're likely to lose.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@*help_no_brakes* wrote:

Users shouldn't be policemen. That's eBay's job. Fakes are DEFINITELY NOT ALLOWED on this site. Right? Right???

Er, ah...

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2014/08/why-ebay-tells-chinese-manufacturers-what-you...

Maybe this is the OP's issue.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Back in the day ebay was the place to get luxury goods at a great price when you could not afford to buy it at a B&M store.

This Christmas I did not even bother looking on ebay when I bought one daughter a Coach bag and the other one a Kate Spade.  It cost more at the stores but at least I knew they were genuine.

Same with gold earrings for my DIL.  When you click 14k they should be 14k - not filled, bonded, plated or a 100 different other ways to say fake.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I Like This Post made me laugh !!!
Message 6 of 6
latest reply