cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowest priced shipping option not showing up on main listing screen.

I have noticed that the lowest priced shipping option is not showing up on the main listing page.  

Sometimes and item is cheaper to ship FedEx far distances and at the same time cheaper to ship USPS when it is a shorter distance.  Why doesn't eBay automatically display the cheaper option for the viewer based on the zip code.

For this reason I have sometimes elected to eliminate the shipping option that would be the highest in most circumstances.  

Am I missing something here?  I have checked this out by inputting different zip codes on the listing page, then refreshing, and it still shows a higher shipping option on the listing.  This of course will make the item less attractive to purchase.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Lowest priced shipping option not showing up on main listing screen.

The system is set up to show the first shipping option that you put on your listing page.  It would make sense for it to display the least expensive cost to each buyer but that isn’t how it has ever worked.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Sometimes and item is cheaper to ship FedEx far distances and at the same time cheaper to ship USPS when it is a shorter distance.  Why doesn't eBay automatically display the cheaper option for the viewer based on the zip code.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't know anything about coding. Would imagine that it is somehow possible, but likely not "easy to code" such to swap out carrier by Zip to show the cheapest.

Can just imagine the side effects of such coding by "eBay"

I will stick with offering the cheapest option 1st when I do a listing.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Yeah, all eBay would have to do is show the lowest price based on the viewers zip. 

When you state "stick with offering the cheapest option 1st",  USPS Ground is often cheaper when the distance is lower, but very expensive across the country.  FedEx might be more expensive than USPS when the distance is shorter, but usually cheaper than USPS for longer distances.

It comes down to item by item.  Most of the time I am eliminating USPS for medium sized items and up.  For very small items or very light weight items, USPS is cheaper and I eliminate FedEx.  Typically USPS is what gets eliminated for my auctions overall.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply