cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowering prices for watch list items - notification

So late last night I put something on my Watch List that I'm planning on buying when I have more time to look at a few options.  

My phone just chimed.  "Discounted Item Update:  Discounted by $xx.  Was $xx - Now $xx.  Item Title"

I didn't know it would do that.  I've been dead set against lowering my item prices directly and have been using Markdown Manager instead.  

Now it's got me wondering if I should do it with some of the old stuff, but then again I just packed up two 'old stuff' items today that didn't have any bells or whistles.

They do need different sounds though!  I was crossing my fingers that it wasn't a Message from a buyer with a cocern, a Return Request or something else that makes you cringe a bit.  I thought it could've been a watched item ending thing too.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Lowering prices for watch list items - notification

That's been happening for awhile now.  You may or may not get a sale out of it when a potential buyer gets that message.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Guess I don't watch enough items that get their price lowered on my other ID.

This ID isn't linked to my phone.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I have tried many times to attract a sale to an item with watchers by lowering the price knowing they would get a notification.  So far I have not made a single sale with that particular tactic.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I get these messages from eBay even for things I've only viewed, no watch list, no add to cart.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I regularly lower prices a dollar or two when I see I have a watcher. I change the price so it ends in .49 or .99 so I can tell it was a watched item, then I add a penny if I need to list it again. If I decide to lower a price "just because", I end it in .01, again just so I can keep track if a lower price makes the sale. I don't believe I've ever gotten the "send an offer" message that some have mentioned, but I wouldn't send an offer of only a buck off. Glad to know they are sending notices of lowered prices.

They didn’t say it was your fault. They said they blame you.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I've tried lowering my price by 10% or more when ebay advises me that the option is available in my available listings.

So far, not one sale.   Waste of time.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Just purchased an item a couple of days ago due to the reduced price

Tried to buy a send watcher an offer item a few months ago but some glitch prevented my buying the unsold one of a kind item at the reduced offer price. C.S. couldn't help

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Sometimes things sell better when you raise the price.

May not work if selling the same stuff as a gazillion other sellers.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply