cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low sales

Sales are sooooo low. Last month, had one sale. Try to list with low prices. Last 21 Auctions that I listed??? NOT ONE SALE What is wrong?

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Low sales

Prices too high

Shipping too high

Poor pictures

Poor description

Items that no one wants

Pick all the above that apply.

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

High gas prices

High food prices

High everything

People are just purchasing essentials these days.  

I understand how you feel and can relate.  Hang in there.  

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

'Collecting' is a luxury most are avoiding during these times (high inflation, war etc.) 

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

@ckimodog wrote:

High gas prices

High food prices

High everything

People are just purchasing essentials these days.  

I understand how you feel and can relate.  Hang in there.  

@tastesgood 

Wants vs needs.  @ckimodog is correct - a great deal of unknowns and coupled with the uncertainty of how long this will last is likely impacting discretionary spending.

Hang in there! All the best!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 5 of 25
latest reply

You're only showing TWO of them not sold. Maybe there is just no demand for a $5 common card. You cannot expect anything and everything you list to actual sell.

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

Well, just from taking a quick look at your listings, the first thing that jumps out at me... $9.45 for shipping that Ball Park Franks dog plush? The other listings for it that I see say it's 8" long-- as someone who sells stuffed animals myself, I know that it absolutely does not cost anywhere near that much to ship a 8" plush and I would hit the back button just based on that.

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

really good posts in here. very very true as well. unfortunately for op he missed the boat on the sports card market manipulation several months back. sports cards were dormant and nothing. then BAM crazy high prices for basic nothing cards, of course popular players got the most for the sale but even joe nobody cards were getting high prices. A seller that has a youtube channel KNEW it was market manipulation and detailed why in the video, but he profited from it and unloaded cards he had held onto for YEARS because he couldnt give them away for free. Then he warned people to get rid of the cards now because it wasnt going to last. now people dont care anymore. unless its certain players. 

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

You are selling collectibles during uncertain times. Gas prices nearing $6 a gallon. Global unrest. War. Nuclear threat. Income taxes are coming due. Crazy inflation. Pandemic. Take your pick.

Folks need to figure out how to put food on the table and fuel in the car. Consider changing up what you are listing. Good luck.

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

I don't know, I don't know sports cards at all.

But I do know this-whether i'm selling or not, I'm listing.  I have over 700 items for sale right now across four sites, maybe 800.  And every single day, all day, I'm listing.  I don't stop, because you never know what someone is going to decide to buy.   So I list it all, constantly.

And I'm selling, five days out of seven at least.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 10 of 25
latest reply

@yuzuha wrote:

Well, just from taking a quick look at your listings, the first thing that jumps out at me... $9.45 for shipping that Ball Park Franks dog plush? The other listings for it that I see say it's 8" long-- as someone who sells stuffed animals myself, I know that it absolutely does not cost anywhere near that much to ship a 8" plush and I would hit the back button just based on that.

@tastesgood  - @yuzuha is correct - maybe that one is an error and was supposed to be Expedited shipping?  You shipping is higher for the Happy Meal Toys lot, but it ships Expedited.  

Maybe try a free items with revised pricing overall and use Free Shipping?  Have you tried a sale or promotion of any type?

Lastly - how often do you list?  We try to list a few items every day and set aside a couple of days (usually the weekends) to list a grouping of items.  When we do, sales seem to perk up, stay a little more steady.  

I was in sticker shock at the gas pump yesterday.  Shot up in a matter of a couple of days here again and we are the Midwest, not one of the Coasts.  It was a lot to take in standing there watching it rack up over $50 for about 9 gallons of gas for mid-grade (car takes premium, but been alternating between premium 1 gas stop and mid-grade the next).  

We also just received natural gas bill #2 from the COLD Feb timeline and holy CATZ was that devastating.  PB&Js for us this week for sure!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 11 of 25
latest reply

I'm in the same boat. I made $20 in all of February! My prices are reasonable and most are free shipping, so I don't know. I'm not a shop or anything, but I haven't had sales this bad since I started my account here in the early 2000s. I noticed, though, when searching for certain things that eBay has taken it upon themselves to hide a LOT of relevant listings unless you select the option to show them all. Pretty scummy practices all around here anymore.

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

@katzrul15 wrote:

@tastesgood  - @yuzuha is correct - maybe that one is an error and was supposed to be Expedited shipping?  You shipping is higher for the Happy Meal Toys lot, but it ships Expedited.  

Yes, at first I thought it was because it was Priority shipping but then I saw the "Standard Shipping" in the listing. 8" plushies usually weigh between 8-12 oz or so when packed-- if you're shipping it First Class that would put it in the $5-6 range. I could understand the price if it was being shipped Priority as you'd be paying for the speed, but otherwise, that's just way too much and it's going to put buyers off.

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

just glimpsing at your stuff, i wouldnt buy any of it, but i see you are probably successful because your prices seem reasonable for the products you are selling. not sky high at all. i believe that is why you are selling. 

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

Buyers don't like auctions.

List at Fixed Price/Immediate Payment Required.

And use Free Shipping as much as possible-- which means put your shipping cost into your asking price.

Also compare your sales in February 2022 with those in Feb 2019 and 2018 (because 2020 and 2021 were outliers with the pandemic surge in online sales).

Like compared to like.

Based only on your feedback, (left and received) you have been making about 14 sales a month for the past year.  There are some charts about number and value of sales on your Seller Hub. 

Message 15 of 25
latest reply