cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low sales

Sales are sooooo low. Last month, had one sale. Try to list with low prices. Last 21 Auctions that I listed??? NOT ONE SALE What is wrong?

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Low sales

Sports cards after 1970 pretty much worthless !

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

eBay has been awful for a few months now.  Just the random good day.  I have not sold anything this weekend; yet, $800 in a few hours at the flea market.  4x more than I sold all week on eBay.  The excuses people use for low sales are mostly nonsense.  The people affected by food prices going up by a % and/or gas prices are not the people buying on here.  They are already struggling with limited cash.  The buyers here are fine for cash flow.  Whoever would be affected by increased prices is such a small portion of one percent that it would not cause this kind of drop in sales.  Competition, other available items on other sites & changes to this site are the root cause for trying to maintain a steady number of sales.  I have had 0 sales over the course of the last 2 weekends.  We all need to expand out with other options.  My only online sales this weekend was Kijiji.  Good luck to everyone.   🙂

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

@sakic92710 wrote:

The people affected by food prices going up by a % and/or gas prices are not the people buying on here.  🙂

Gas prices have went up 100% in 2 years since President Trump left office. Inflation is at its' all time high. What you mentioned is a false statement but believe if you choose. The ones who come here to shop ARE typically the ones who are being affected by gas prices and inflation. Those that have the money you speak of don't necessarily shop Ebay.

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

We out do the monthly sales here in a single sale through our other venues. 

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

@hkfever456 wrote:

really good posts in here. very very true as well. unfortunately for op he missed the boat on the sports card market manipulation several months back. sports cards were dormant and nothing. then BAM crazy high prices for basic nothing cards, of course popular players got the most for the sale but even joe nobody cards were getting high prices. A seller that has a youtube channel KNEW it was market manipulation and detailed why in the video, but he profited from it and unloaded cards he had held onto for YEARS because he couldnt give them away for free. Then he warned people to get rid of the cards now because it wasnt going to last. now people dont care anymore. unless its certain players. 

Given that the offline retail world has been doing well, I have a feeling it has more to do with product.  And the above might be happening.  In the fashion world it happened with Lularoe.  Super hyped MLM scheme and can barely give the stuff away now.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 20 of 25
latest reply

Fashion took what a 80% dive at the covid,  hardly pull 200$ on some 1800$ tagged new pumps..don't say that about lu, I have a box or 2 I need to burn i mean .99c auctions!

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

Some sellers are having record high sales.

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 22 of 25
latest reply

@anjofak  My sales stayed steady through Covid, the problem I had was getting inventory - I barely squeaked along until stores were open but I lost my consignors because they all started to try to sell their items themselves. 

Definitely I know more fashionable clothing and business attire took a nosedive, but I sell more everyday things, or niche items, so it was OK.

Good luck with the LLR!  I did just sell a LLR dress but on another website, and it was a black ballet dress, very unusual for the brand.  I was never in the MML scheme, I just resale what I find, and thrifts are stuffed with it, and consignors try to unload it - there must have been some big LLR dealers locally.  There are some cute prints, etc.  Some made in the USA, too!  I just can't seem to get rid of the last NWT pieces I have. As a brand it just cratered.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 23 of 25
latest reply

You are experiencing low sales.

Some sellers are not seeing a change in sales. 

Some sellers are experiencing high sales.

Some sellers are experiencing record high sales.

Do you think those sellers are selling the same things that you are?

Sometimes people are interested in what you are selling. Sometimes not.

Either ride out the low spell ... or find other stuff to sell that people want to buy.

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 24 of 25
latest reply

It certainly doesn't need to be said that this place isn't what it used to be. Sales will ebb and flow but with so many controls in place, it's a whole lot harder than it was when eBay stuck to their business model. An organic search experience would be great to go back to, but that's not going to happen unfortunately.

Message 25 of 25
latest reply