cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low or no sales

Hello - the discussion I started seemed to have disappered.

Is anyone else experiencing drastic drop in sales or no sales at all for days.  We have no sales at all for almost two weeks now during the day from 7 am to mid night.  there are couple of exceptions.  any sale that happened only after mid night and maybe early before 7 am. 

Is anyone aware of anything that is causing this drop in sales.  I appreciate your input.  

Why did my last discussion I started on this disappear?  Am I not supposed to talk about that here?

thanks.

Message 1 of 279
latest reply
278 REPLIES 278

Re: Low or no sales

His stock hasn't finished north of $36 for the past 18 days...and is down $3 over the past 7 weeks.
He may be hearing footsteps.
Message 196 of 279
latest reply

yeah i'm aware of it.

it is called ebay 

ebay destroying its own sellers for the benefit of certain type of sellers.

I  used to have sales everyday in fact close to two sales a day.

ebay squeezing sellers to coerce and extort in an effort to collect feesfor other things than selling.

for instance: why would they try to coerce p3eople to pay $4 for a bold title.

they want the seller to think it is worth it so they squeeze

so far this month i have sold 24$ with two sales and three accounts, hundreds of listings.

ebay is either going out of business or screwing sellers.

They apparently have decided to make money off of promotion,and fees vs actual selling ,that is except for the high ticket items.

three months in a row  no sales from the 23rd to the 19 of the next month.

now tell me how does that happen?

19 days without a sale is not unusual anymore.

items go days without a view like every buyer has left the category

browsing curiosity makes this impossible and doesn't even come close to views for same products for years.

can't make money, sustain my business, paymy fees or restock product.

been doing this for 14 years here and there is one thing i know:

is it ain't my fault,

it ain't my titles or my choice of smalls or caps

and if it is someone really screwed up the internet

this is all ebays doing and high time people started realizing it

Message 197 of 279
latest reply

@nessas_nook wrote:
If that is true that re-design and beta testing are causing low sales, I just hope they stop for the holiday season so we can get on with selling.

I agree, so many sellers are having a hard time.

I don't know that the re-design and beta testing are causing this, but they may be two issues contributing to it.

Glitches may be another factor, among other things.  

Message 198 of 279
latest reply

i have no idea waht has happend. i never went a whole week with out one little sale. sure hope ebay fixes their problems so we dont all hae to leave and go elsewhere. this sure is bad right at christmas

Message 199 of 279
latest reply

Boy are you right. We have been here 20 years. Never been this bad. Days do go by without even a view. We have been experiencing this since 2012. Just recently we listed a few items( pulled out and went to another site). But anyway, the first week, we actually got lots of views and watchers. Then turned off again.  it's not a person type of items, because it seems to be spanning every type of item,from clothes, music, knicknacks, doesnt matter. It's not our prices, titles, it's THEM. It's ebay. And the overloaded repeat listings rom the chinese sellers. The 99 cent crowd,  taking over the site. Is  ebay still an American company? or what? Sometimes I'm suspicious which country owns this site?. LOL

Message 200 of 279
latest reply

It's a constant battle.  You can't just list items and let them ride.  You have to constantly mess with them, use auctions, etc.

I've started selling more in other venues.  Ebay is just not an adequate or reliable source anymore.

Message 201 of 279
latest reply

@nessas_nook wrote:

My sole income too, I had a store at the beginning of ebay, had it for years, then unfortunately left it for a while and it got deleted so had to start a new one last year and was building the store great through May, then June hit and it's been down hill ever since.  I don't have many items as over the summer I've been selling at local auctions.  In fact, I just sold at auction last week and made more money there than I have on ebay for the last two months (something doesn't seem right with that).  I've started listing again hoping that the holiday's would bring up sales, but I'm seeing the same pattern as I did through the summer.  I've tried getting answers, but haven't been able to get any.  I hope that everything starts moving again so we can all have a wonderful holdiay season.

I wonder if Ebay even realizes this as a crisis.  They have seasoned sellers who are frustrated with low sales and are turning to other venues.  While Ebay is trying to crack down on imagined off-ebay sales, long time sellers like me are beginning to sell 2x-3x per month in other venues.

My December sales so far are 5:1 in other venues.  That's stuff that would otherwise be listed on Ebay if they didn't have a hidden limit on my account.  They missed out on commissions for over $10k in sales.

Message 202 of 279
latest reply

Do you think that the Chinese bought off Wenig? Could he still be on their "payroll"? To my mind, aiding the Chinese in destroying the American economy is treasonous. Never trust a lawyer (or a silver-spoon baby).
Message 203 of 279
latest reply

Commerce and Ecommerce has been affected by the overseas sellers - but it's not just Ebay despite what some think. I've also looked at alot of the items being sold by many that posted on this thread and see sellers with 5 to >100 items, items that are passe and no longer the current trend, prices that are out of line and pics that are horrible.

My sales have definitely decreased this holiday season but I still think people are recovering from the devastating weather we had earlier this year, people are rethinking their priorities and many like myself - baby boomers - don't need anything else. Many people like myself are giving gift cards rather than trying to find presents that no one needs or wants - that Visa giftcard solves the problem - I'm happy and the recipient is happy as they can spend it on whatever they please!

Message 204 of 279
latest reply

I haven't had sales this low at Christmas time for years!
Message 205 of 279
latest reply

What I fail to understand is with so many sellers obviously doing poorly why ebay has not addressed this issue. Coming forth with some kind of explanation is just good customer service and yes, we the sellers are their customers.Hard to know whether to keep trying or look for something else. 

Message 206 of 279
latest reply

really wish i new where else etsy or amazon are only ones i know?

Message 207 of 279
latest reply

agree i have been with ebasy since before they posted pictures. always  sold and helped them to rise to where they asre. now they dont care aobut us little guys. i think they are blocking our sites form being seen.

Message 208 of 279
latest reply

could someone phave pasid them to have no sales so the bigger ones like amazon can make out good?? the way of our world nothign would surprise me

Message 209 of 279
latest reply

agree 100%.. we who started out at the bottom deserve better than this.

Message 210 of 279
latest reply