cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local Pickup customer now wants the item shipped

I recently sold a big, slightly fragile item as a Local Pickup item but now the buyer wants me to ship it. How do I, after the fact, switch the sale to include shipping and keep it within eBay so I don't go afoul of the rules and can get my shipping discounts? My only thought is to refund the buyer's money, relist the item as a shipped item and hope he comes back to purchase it. Is there an easier way?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Local Pickup customer now wants the item shipped

Cancel the order as a problem with buyers address, refund and relist with shipping.

Have a great day.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Cancel the order as a problem with buyers address, refund and relist with shipping.

Have a great day.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Yep, what you initially thought and that Kensgiftshop confirmed, is the only way to go.   You should keep him in the loop with the new item number to look out for it. If he really wants it, he'll buy again.

eBay has no built in mechanism to "re-invoice" after something changes on the buyers end.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I would do what kens gift shop stated. 

cancel, refund, relist, enter the dims and weight. Might have to entertain a handling fee for a new box if you don't have one on hand, safe packing material and labels cost or at least mark the box in red marker (fragile / handle with care. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thanks to everyone for your guidance. I'll do that!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

If it is big and fragile I would stick with local pick up.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply