cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listings Renewing on Wrong Day

A handful of my fixed price listings created June 18th renewed today- August 17th- even though they should not have renewed until tomorrow the 18th. The countdown clock has them set to renew next month on the correct date- September 18th.

Most of my listings created June 18th show a countdown clock confirming they will renew on the correct date- tomorrow, August 18th.

Is anybody else noticing this?

Message 1 of 76
latest reply
75 REPLIES 75

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mam98031 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@coffeebean832 wrote:

A handful of my fixed price listings created June 18th renewed today- August 17th- even though they should not have renewed until tomorrow the 18th. The countdown clock has them set to renew next month on the correct date- September 18th.

Most of my listings created June 18th show a countdown clock confirming they will renew on the correct date- tomorrow, August 18th.

Is anybody else noticing this?

Can you provide item number examples, @coffeebean832? I'll be happy to look into this with more information.

@Anonymous 

This isn't a new problem being reported here.  There have been multiple threads on the subject for a couple weeks or more.  Here is one that you may find interesting.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/MUST-CANCEL-GTC-LISTING-24-HOURS-BEFORE-RENEWAL-OR-YOU-ARE/m-p/30147763#M1470257

Hi @mam98031, thanks for sharing an example! It looks like that thread is discussing a one-time issue with listings renewing early on the 31st of July. The cause of this issue was identified, will not repeat, and any impacted sellers are receiving credits. If anyone is reporting listings renewing earlier than they should from the 1st of August onward, this would be a different issue that needs to be investigated (as the previous issue was specifically caused by an internal record mistake related to the 31st of July, and would not create relists on any other date).

@Anonymous 

This is where I think some of the disconnect and confusion is IMHO.  This complaint that listings are renewing 24 hours in advance of their renewal date isn't just for listings that were originally posted on July 1st and then renewed on July 31st, and again on August 1st.  That is a separate issue.

There are other threads on this that happened prior to the one I gave you a link to.  So maybe I should have gone and looked for one of them.  And then you have some that are on this thread that have nothing to do with the July dates.  They are renewing in the month of August [not the 1st] 24 hours in advance.  Coffee's example was on August 17th.  

This one was posted on July 28th.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/I-m-fed-up-with-GTC/m-p/30075782

And I know there were many other complaints on various threads that weren't started specifically for this problem.

Thanks, @mam98031! We've got examples over to our tech teams for review and will update here once we have more information to share.

Message 46 of 76
latest reply

Perfect, thank you Trinton.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 47 of 76
latest reply

So how & when will sellers be receiving those credits? I reported the issue that I had (with premature renewals) by telephone on August 1, and I was told at that time as well that my account would be credited for the 30 premature listings that eBay had listed on August 1, all of which had expiration dates of more than 24 hours later. But so far, I have NOT noticed that my Premier Stores account has been credited. So, when and how?!?
Message 48 of 76
latest reply

@1786davycrockett wrote:
So how & when will sellers be receiving those credits? I reported the issue that I had (with premature renewals) by telephone on August 1, and I was told at that time as well that my account would be credited for the 30 premature listings that eBay had listed on August 1, all of which had expiration dates of more than 24 hours later. But so far, I have NOT noticed that my Premier Stores account has been credited. So, when and how?!?

Did that 30 renew on July 31st and then again on August 1st?

The August 1st renewals would be the right date, so that would be a correct charge against your free allotment of listings for the month.

The 30 that renewed on July 31st, did those come out of your free allotment of listings for the month of July, or did you actually pay listing fees?

If they came out of your free allotment, no credit is due to you as free listings don't roll over month to month.  But if you were actually out of pocket money for these listings, then yes Ebay should be crediting your seller account.

Message 49 of 76
latest reply

I have listings renewing 3-4 full days in advance now- the problem escalates. I will send you more item numbers @Anonymous 

Message 50 of 76
latest reply

It seems all these listings that are renewing early are still on a 30 day cycle instead of the new date cycle.

I still wish eBay would have made it a 31 day cycle instead of a date cycle- the last few days of the month are a mess of too many listings.

Message 51 of 76
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

It seems all these listings that are renewing early are still on a 30 day cycle instead of the new date cycle.

I still wish eBay would have made it a 31 day cycle instead of a date cycle- the last few days of the month are a mess of too many listings.

Dang now that is interesting!!

@Anonymous 

Message 52 of 76
latest reply

As I have stated previously, the 30 items which eBay deducted from my August 1 allotment of 1000 free listings were not set to expire until between 24 and 36 hours later.

In addition, eBay did NOT re-list ANY of those items for the month of August. And I ended ALL of the items before they were set to expire on August 2 & 3.

Also, ALL of the item numbers were NOT current item numbers for the month of July -- all the item numbers had expired at the end of April.

And, YES, tyler@ebay stated clearly on August 2 on a previous eBay Community thread, that eBay sellers WOULD be credited, as did the eBay representative with whom I spoke by phone on August 2, as had triton@ebay just recently. Why do you keep insisting that eBay sellers will NOT be credited, when THREE separate eBay sources have actually stated that we WILL be credited?!?

Message 53 of 76
latest reply

@1786davycrockett wrote:
As I have stated previously, the 30 items which eBay deducted from my August 1 allotment of 1000 free listings were not set to expire until between 24 and 36 hours later.

In addition, eBay did NOT re-list ANY of those items for the month of August. And I ended ALL of the items before they were set to expire on August 2 & 3.

Also, ALL of the item numbers were NOT current item numbers for the month of July -- all the item numbers had expired at the end of April.

And, YES, tyler@ebay stated clearly on August 2 on a previous eBay Community thread, that eBay sellers WOULD be credited, as did the eBay representative with whom I spoke by phone on August 2, as had triton@ebay just recently. Why do you keep insisting that eBay sellers will NOT be credited, when THREE separate eBay sources have actually stated that we WILL be credited?!?

It will still be fine for August as they now only renew once per calendar month.  So they won't renew again in this month.  

Wait, you are saying that closed listings from April suddenly relisted in August??  Dang that is a problem!!!

They weren't talking about a problem like you just described.  They were talking about sellers that created new GTC listings on July 1st that renewed on July 31st then again on August 1st or 2nd.  And from your description you had a completely different issue.

This thread is talking about listings that are renewing 24+ hours prior to their actual renewal date.  Trinton is currently trying to get more information on this as this is a different problem and it was getting confused with the July issue I just described in my previous paragraph.

Message 54 of 76
latest reply

@mam98031  I think davycrockett's point is not about the listings renewing a second time this month- their point is that their listings renewed early and they planned to cancel them before they renewed so they are upset at having lost 30 "free" but not really free store listings caused by this error.

@1786davycrockettI think mam's point is that 1- the reps who said sellers would receive credits were talking about an issue specific to July 31/Aug 1 which is not related to your situation or the subject of this thread and 2- eBay never adds listings back to a seller's account if the listings they lost were labeled as free. If you were to end those 30 listings now and create 30 new ones that go over your store's allotment- then maybe eBay would credit you for the out of pocket insertion fees for the 30 over and above the store allotment. However eBay has not said whether or not they will do that for this issue- they only made a statement about the July 31/Aug 1 issue.

eBay just filed a report on this issue of listings renewing early in the last 2 days and they haven't come back to us with any information about credits or a fix yet.

I don't want to speak for either one of you here but I'm mediating in an effort to stop the circular discussion on this.

Message 55 of 76
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@coffeebean832 wrote:

@Anonymous 

Hi @mam98031 & @coffeebean832, our developers are investigating this. I do know that while this is similar in appearance to the issue that occurred on July 31st, it is not the same issue. When we have more information then we'll be sure to update this thread. Thanks! 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 56 of 76
latest reply

brian@ebay wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

@coffeebean832 wrote:

@Anonymous 

Hi @mam98031 & @coffeebean832, our developers are investigating this. I do know that while this is similar in appearance to the issue that occurred on July 31st, it is not the same issue. When we have more information then we'll be sure to update this thread. Thanks! 

brian@ebay 

Yes.  There was great confusion for many about these two different issues.  I kept saying it was two separate issues and was told they were they same.  But all in all it took a few days, but it is finally recognized as two different issues.  One if fixed and the other as you have said is under investigation.  Thank you.

Message 57 of 76
latest reply

The 30 listings from my Premier Store which were prematurely deducted by eBay on August 1 from my August 1000 free listings, were ALL item numbers which had expired in APRIL 2019. However, NONE of these item numbers (or items) were automatically re-listed on my eBay Premier store for the month of August -- so, only a PARTIAL GTC issue.

In addition, the SAME 30 items (with July 2019-current item numbers) were ended by me either later on August 1, or between August 2 & 3, 2019. I shall be re-listing them again in September 2019.

This error was reported by phone to eBay on August 1, and a supervisor informed me that they had advised the technical department regarding the issue, and that my account would definitely be credited.

All I'm asking for is what an eBay account representative had promised me on August 1. Please make my account full again.
Message 58 of 76
latest reply

@1786davycrockett- I don't know what's going on with your listings but that sounds confusing and like a completely different issue. You should call CS to follow up and/or start a new thread to discuss the problem. If listings were already ended- then you were charged insertion fees (or they came out of your store allotment)- and the listings were still not active- that's a big issue.

Message 59 of 76
latest reply

@1786davycrockett wrote:
Actually, on August 2, tyler@ebay DEFINITELY told eBay sellers that they would be CREDITED for this error on eBay's part.

And, since I am paying for a Premier eBay store, I am PROMISED 1000 free listings each month -- and NOT just 970!

Hi @1786davycrockett, as I recall it Tyler never promised that any free monthly store listings would be restored. What was said is any fees that were inaccurately charged due to this issue can be credited. If you went over your monthly free listings due to that issue and were charged insertion fees on other items as a result then we can review those fees for potential credits.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 60 of 76
latest reply