cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MUST CANCEL GTC LISTING 24 HOURS BEFORE RENEWAL OR YOU ARE CHARGED

Ebay says this rule has been in effect from the beginning. Is that general knowledge?

Message 1 of 208
latest reply
207 REPLIES 207

Re: MUST CANCEL GTC LISTING 24 HOURS BEFORE RENEWAL OR YOU ARE CHARGED

@backroomnoir wrote:

This is my posting ID, so I'd rather not give out the item numbers.  

If you can see my store account, the last 9 insertion fees on August 11. 

If not, I'll just call in again, as I've already had over 700 insertion fees credited.

I do recommend calling in to others who have this problem.  Despite it being resolved last week, CS denied my claim 4 to 5 times, after they assured me it was being taken care off.  Only when I spoke to a supervisor directly, was the credit issued.  Still, they denied the problem all the way... yet it evidently still continues.  

Each time a seller calls in and are told there is no issue, they should receive 100 Free Listings.

Each time a seller calls in, to request credit they were promised (which wasn't credited), they should receive 1000 Free Listings.

Message 196 of 208
latest reply

The problem on my end is in the time left column, when sorted by time left: ending soonest, those listings showed over 24 hours to go before relisting. 

Otherwise, I would have ended them before being charged the insertion fees.

Message 197 of 208
latest reply

Hi @backroomnoir - thanks for the clarification! This wouldn't be related to the tech issue we discussed last week. 

Something you can do that may help is to consider adding the 'Start Date' and 'End Date' columns to your  Active Listings section of Seller Hub, or at least 'End Date'. That will give you a date, time and time zone for the renewal. This added specificity may help. 

You can add those columns by choosing 'customize' in the upper right area of your Active Listings section of Seller Hub. Thanks! 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 198 of 208
latest reply

Hi Tyler, I can tell you that ADDING the END DATE or Customizing ones Sort order list to ENDING SOONEST is of NO BENEFIT to avoid the last glitch. I have my SORT ORDER set to ENDING SOONEST and I still had listings removed from my PAID Allotment because they were being charged or deducted if you will with between 12-24 hrs remaining on the listings. 22 active listings were deducted from my PAID Allotment. And by the way I still have not received any credit whatsoever for the listings yet. When can I expect some form of compensation?

Message 199 of 208
latest reply

@ekmadonna wrote:

Hi Tyler, I can tell you that ADDING the END DATE or Customizing ones Sort order list to ENDING SOONEST is of NO BENEFIT to avoid the last glitch. I have my SORT ORDER set to ENDING SOONEST and I still had listings removed from my PAID Allotment because they were being charged or deducted if you will with between 12-24 hrs remaining on the listings. 22 active listings were deducted from my PAID Allotment. And by the way I still have not received any credit whatsoever for the listings yet. When can I expect some form of compensation?

This is probably related to the change from 30 day listings the once a month.  Not really a glitch but a change in your renewal date in accordance with the new policy.  

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 200 of 208
latest reply

Hello everyone,

This thread is getting a bit heated and off-topic.  Please remember that it’s fine to disagree with others, but discussion should always remain courteous and respectful and on topic.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Message 201 of 208
latest reply

@ekmadonna wrote:

Hi @ekmadonna - the issue that @backroomnoir described is not what you encountered on the 31st of July. If you incurred insertion fees on the 31st those should have been credited last week. If renewals at the end of the month used additional store allotments that you had not yet used, there is not a way to grant you additional store allotments. 

If you feel that there is an additional technical issue at play please get me an example item number or two that I can review. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 202 of 208
latest reply

So, if I am understanding this correctly, store owners will received no compensation for the loss of their listings due to the site glitch? Has there been an official announcement with the details? 

Message 203 of 208
latest reply

Has anyone received their free listings back in their account? Ebay improperly took away 54 of my allotted free store listings for the month when the items were still listed. I have called numerous times and have spent hours on the phone with customer service, including a supervisor, and have been told there is NO WAY to give me my free listings back. I actually do not think they even understand the issue.
Message 204 of 208
latest reply

@boilers91 wrote:
Has anyone received their free listings back in their account? Ebay improperly took away 54 of my allotted free store listings for the month when the items were still listed. I have called numerous times and have spent hours on the phone with customer service, including a supervisor, and have been told there is NO WAY to give me my free listings back. I actually do not think they even understand the issue.

@emieo 

NO.  But then Ebay said they wouldn't.  But if it cost you $$, they would automatically refund your account.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 205 of 208
latest reply

You might not like seeing relisted items but OTHER people might want to see them.  To anyone who is doing an initial search, ALL of the items are newly listed -- right?

Message 206 of 208
latest reply

Amazon does not charge a fee per item EVERY MONTH listed. Not the same thing.
Message 207 of 208
latest reply

@pdxbuys wrote:
Amazon does not charge a fee per item EVERY MONTH listed. Not the same thing.

You are correct.  And I didn't say they did.  So we agree on this point.

However Amazon has fees that you pay when something sells that other sites do not have.  What is important to do is look at the overall fees you pay.  When I do that, my Amazon fees are much higher than my overall Ebay fees.  

But you are correct, no monthly listing fees on Amazon.  All listings are GTC on Amazon so for many sellers on this thread, Amazon isn't going to work for them and the increase in fees could be an issue as well.

@pdxbuys 

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 208 of 208
latest reply