cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing a PS5

knee.how
Adventurer

Hello, I'm trying to list a PS5 (in hand, not pre-order). 

But everytime I try Ebay gives me the following error:

Thanks for listing a PlayStation 5! This item has limitations on the quantity that may be listed each week. You've reached this limit and will not be able to list at this time. You'll be able to list another PlayStation 5 seven days after your last PlayStation 5 listing.

Unverified sellers or those not meeting our minimum performance standards will not be allowed to list a PlayStation 5.{e72025-1132604x}

I don't currently have any active listing at all so not sure what I'm doing wrong. Would really appreciate it if someone could help me understand what is wrong. Thanks in advance! 

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Listing a PS5

..............general reply..............

back in march every one was trying to get on the sanitzer bandwagon and ebay had plenty to say about it.If you have experience selling game sytems and actually delivering them then ebay knows that.

ebay knows who the system sellers are and who the game players are.  I am sure there will be pople on here complaining about getting ripped off by Sony sellers who pre ordered or whatever it is thats done.

ebay wants to have happy PS5 buyers............not buyers who hate ebay becaue of some stupid PS5 crapola

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 16 of 34
latest reply

I'll be honest you are making yourself look like a scammer.

No recent feedback or anything on eBay and now you are suddenly listing a highly sought after item??

This is a classic thing that happens with high jacked accounts.

Scammer takes over an old account, lists an expensive/high sought after item, gets the money and runs. Then eBay is left to take care of it.

Message 17 of 34
latest reply

thank you

Message 18 of 34
latest reply

knee.how
Adventurer

Hi guys, thanks for your replies. For some reason everytime I click "Have us call you" (on this page: https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/create-change-listings?id=4105&from=ContactUs) it just says "The contact channel is temporarily unavailable". (see screenshot) Not exactly sure why.. 

Message 19 of 34
latest reply

@toysaver wrote:

That's good to know your account is oaky,  assumption you have only 1 account...  then try this...

"This item has limitations on the quantity that may be listed each week. You've reached this limit and will not be able to list at this time."

Are they saying eBay is limited on how many can be listed irregardless of who is listing?

I think they are blocking some new listings for that item and removing some older listings.

Have a great day.
Message 20 of 34
latest reply

knee.how
Adventurer

Just spoke to ebay customer support and got it figured out. Apparently there is some issue with PS5 listings where they have to be approved manually (or something like that).

The "have us call you" option worked when I entered it through a different help article. E.g. https://www.ebay.com/help/default/default/default?id=4077&from=ContactUs

I'm guessing that they disabled the option under the "Creating a listing" article (one I posted above) due to the increased call volume. 

Thanks for all your help guys. 

Message 21 of 34
latest reply

Why bother listing it?   I'll take it off your hands.   😉

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 22 of 34
latest reply

I have digital and disk which would you prefer 

Message 23 of 34
latest reply

Not using ebay to sell an item for a few years then selling a sought after item is not a sign nor justification that an account has been hijacted. Thank god you do not work within our legal systems or it would be even more broken then it already is..

Message 24 of 34
latest reply

@casgsch-68 wrote:

Not using ebay to sell an item for a few years then selling a sought after item is not a sign nor justification that an account has been hijacted. Thank god you do not work within our legal systems or it would be even more broken then it already is..  

Actually, yes it is a sign.

You'd be surprised at the number of buyers who come here wondering what to do when their seller vanishes without sending the item they bought. We look at the seller, and probably 85-90% of the time it's a hijacked account. The account will have great feedback, but if you look closely it will have been inactive for over a year.  Scammers hijack, then list a lot of expensive, high demand products at too good to be true prices, then sit back and wait for people to buy.

They use Paypal accounts with a history that have been purchased on various black hat website. They do this so they don't have holds. They transfer the money out as soon as it hits, so when buyers file their cases, there's nothing to refund and Ebay has to refund out of their own pocket.

You'd also be surprised to find out how many buyers have no idea about Ebay's money back guarantee even though it's plastered on practically every listing here, but that's another story for another day.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 25 of 34
latest reply

This really saved me! I have been trying for the last several days to get through to customer service somehow. Thank you for the help. I really appreciate it!

Message 26 of 34
latest reply

lol so how do i sell the ps5 i’m still confused it’s not letting me on ebay

Message 27 of 34
latest reply

it's really helpful to increase my listing knowledge in my eBay account...!!!and very interestingly sort details about eBay system..!!! thank you very much for this information..!!!

Message 28 of 34
latest reply

I have 1 in hand for 1299.99 if u still need one disc Edition

Message 29 of 34
latest reply

Hit me up. 

Message 30 of 34
latest reply