cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing a PS5

knee.how
Adventurer

Hello, I'm trying to list a PS5 (in hand, not pre-order). 

But everytime I try Ebay gives me the following error:

Thanks for listing a PlayStation 5! This item has limitations on the quantity that may be listed each week. You've reached this limit and will not be able to list at this time. You'll be able to list another PlayStation 5 seven days after your last PlayStation 5 listing.

Unverified sellers or those not meeting our minimum performance standards will not be allowed to list a PlayStation 5.{e72025-1132604x}

I don't currently have any active listing at all so not sure what I'm doing wrong. Would really appreciate it if someone could help me understand what is wrong. Thanks in advance! 

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Listing a PS5

knee.how
Adventurer

Just spoke to ebay customer support and got it figured out. Apparently there is some issue with PS5 listings where they have to be approved manually (or something like that).

The "have us call you" option worked when I entered it through a different help article. E.g. https://www.ebay.com/help/default/default/default?id=4077&from=ContactUs

I'm guessing that they disabled the option under the "Creating a listing" article (one I posted above) due to the increased call volume. 

Thanks for all your help guys. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 21 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Listing a PS5

An unverified account means you have not given a bank account or SS# to PayPal.   If you plan on selling big ticket items they need that info for the IRS.  Log in to PayPal and add those items, it might help.

Message 2 of 34
latest reply

Listing a PS5

Limits probably because you are brand new seller.

Message 4 of 34
latest reply

Listing a PS5

@knee.how 

Other members have been receiving that message when they try to list that item.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 34
latest reply

Listing a PS5

Hi toysaver,

Just checked Paypal and I do have my SSN and bank account on there 🤔

Message 6 of 34
latest reply

Listing a PS5

hi eunster1313,

On that page it says my limits are 1000 items per month and $25,000 per month

Message 7 of 34
latest reply

Listing a PS5

Hi caldreamer, 

Would you happen to know if there's any workaround for that? Or ways to "upgrade" as a seller? Thanks! 

Message 8 of 34
latest reply

Listing a PS5

Has anyone found a workaround for that yet? thanks 

Message 9 of 34
latest reply

Listing a PS5

@knee.how wrote:

Has anyone found a workaround for that yet? thanks 

I haven't heard heard anything.

You'll probably have to find another place to sell it.

Have a great day
Message 10 of 34
latest reply

Listing a PS5

Hi, what is your current standing on eBay (Top Rated, Above Average, Below Average etc) on your seller dashboard? Have you had any cases opened against you? 

Message 11 of 34
latest reply

Listing a PS5

That's good to know your account is oaky,  assumption you have only 1 account...  then try this...

"This item has limitations on the quantity that may be listed each week. You've reached this limit and will not be able to list at this time."

Are they saying eBay is limited on how many can be listed irregardless of who is listing?

Message 12 of 34
latest reply

Listing a PS5

EBay had lots of rules and regulations when other PlayStations came out.  They likely have something similar now but nobody knows exactly what it is....  This item has a limited production due to availibility of a micro chip component.   SONY is an active member of eBay's VERO program and has a say.    

It's quite possible there are already more PlayStation 5 devices available for sale on the online secondary market than were even manufactured.  Whatever has happened is likely being done to limit fraud. 

Message 13 of 34
latest reply

Listing a PS5

@knee.how 

Your account seems to have been dormant for over 5 years.  No recent buying feedback, no selling feedback and no feedback left for others.

Now, all of a sudden, you are trying to list a hot, very expensive, hard-to-get item.

This raises lots of red flags on eBay.

Scammers often hijack dormant accounts to list exactly this type of item.

If you really have the item in hand, try calling eBay and PROVE who you are and that you actually have the PS5 in hand.

Scroll to the bottom of the below page and select the "have us call you" option.  That option is available during regular business hours.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/selling-limits?id=4107

eBay has 2 types of limits.  Selling limits and category limits.  You may be able to sell, but not in categories that are ripe for fraud.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 14 of 34
latest reply

Listing a PS5

@knee.how,

The problem is, because you have not sold anything before, you do not have any seller performance standards at all.  As Penguins wrote, dormant accounts have been hi-jacked, popular items listed and sold but never get shipped leaving ebay responsible to refund buyers.  If you have anything around the house you can sell that is less expensive, list it and sell it. Maybe a popular older game. 

If you never did it, when you signed up, or the card has expired or been replaced add a credit card to your ebay account information. My eBay > Account > Personal Information > Payment Options  > View  > add a card# and if you never did it link your ebay and PayPal accounts.  if you have linked them  in the check out saved payments area specify PayPal to receive payments. 

Making a couple of purchases might help re-verify your account (though that does mimic what the hi-jackers do)  but they usually do it 6 months or more before listing anything. 

If you do all of the things above and are able to list the console I suggest listing it as an auction with a start price a little below the MSRP.  You will probably get a much higher price for the console, especially if you can hold off for a couple more weeks before listing it. 

You will also need to read the info in the link below so you are ready for PayPal's 21 day payment hold, which is placed on all new or returning sellers first few payments.

https://www.paypal.com/us/brc/article/funds-availability

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 15 of 34
latest reply