cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing Fees Glitch

Anybody else getting hit with this?

I have a premium store and have used about 700 of my listings.  Today I went to relist some items.  Instead of coming out of my remaining 300 store listings, I am being charged an insertion fee.  Definitely NOT happy about this.  I expect to be able to use the listings I'm paying for - not be double charged for them!

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Listing Fees Glitch

I am no longer being charge insertion fees on my items.  They are coming out of my available store listings.

Here's what I did to fix it (as posted in another thread).

NOW, this is my experience.  If you try this, your mileage may vary.  Yesterday when I went to relist about 100 items I saw that ebay was going to charge me.  So I backed out of the listing page and saw that in my promotional offers there were 50 "free" (non store) listings, in addition to about 300 remaining premium store listings.  I used up the 50 "free" listings and was not charged (yet).  After that, when I relisted (sell similar) 3 listings, I was charged for them.  They did not come out of my premium store allotment.  I was tired, it was late, so I went to bed instead of calling ebay to get it straightened out.  

This morning I was able to relist (sell similar) without being charged .35 per listing.  They came out of my available store listings, as they should.

So , if this is happening to you, my advice is to try using up the 50 "free" listings.  Wait a while (maybe overnight) and then try submitting the rest of your items.   

View Best Answer in original post

Message 28 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but check your "promotional offers" section.

My daughter just noticed as well as her Basic store used/left tally, she also has an insertion tally for a non store and her last 35 listings just came off that instead of her actual store insertions.

Just thinking that maybe after those are used up it will start hitting her with listing fees as well?

Is the insertion it's wanting to charge .35 or .30? Because NON stores get hit with a .35 fee now.

Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 2 of 30
latest reply

Yes trying to list now & they are showing a charge for my listings & I have a ton of my store listings available yet .
It is a glitch so I backed out of the first 50 I was trying to bulk list as they say Fees $17.50 .
fees for relist 12-18.JPG

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

my problem is it was telling me $0.00 insertion fee charge when in reality I believe I was charged .35..the thing is account activity is not showing nothing but a blank page when in past real time activity would show up immediately and you could verify within seconds if charged a fee or not..believe it is a major glitch..since cant see recent activity of fees.. payments.. etc.

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

Okay, I just checked my IDs and one of them has the same deal my daughter's account has. Along with the Basic store tally it has a 50 listing non store tally and the listings I just did came off the non store tally.

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

@myjunqueyourtreasure wrote:
Okay, I just checked my IDs and one of them has the same deal my daughter's account has. Along with the Basic store tally it has a 50 listing non store tally and the listings I just did came off the non store tally.

Exact same issue here
I backed out of bulk and did 2 single listings one by one & couldn't figure why it didn't take away from my store listings 
I looked closer at the Promotion area  and there it is the Free 50 non store listings  with Buy It Now . This isn't a Promo I activated
It took 2 from there not my store listings, yet when I try to bulk list 50 it wanted to charge 35 cents each !
This makes no sense at all

promotions 50 free 12-18.JPG

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

They've bleeped something up again, that's for sure.

Doesn't seem to be all accounts though, just random.

I won't be able to tell if it wants to charge me until I use up those 50 though.

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

I used up the 50 "free" non store listings. It doesn't look like I was charged for those, but who knows. Tested three more, and instead of coming out of my remaining 300 store listings, I was charge a .35 listing fee for each one.

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

I don't know if they'll see this before January 2nd, but I'm tagging @Anonymous and brian@ebay so they can check this out.

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

I have 3 IDs with the issue now.

Fantastic. end of the month and being charged for trying to use up our free (not really) insertions?
Message 10 of 30
latest reply

@attabookki wrote:

I used up the 50 "free" non store listings. It doesn't look like I was charged for those, but who knows. Tested three more, and instead of coming out of my remaining 300 store listings, I was charge a .35 listing fee for each one.

Same thing I listed in smaller numbers & it used up the free 50 but then I am trying to list more & with all my available store listings it is still saying they will charge .35 for each
Tried bulk & trying one by one and it says .35 so I have backed out
Again not giving them anymore money then my store fees 
not going to even try to see if the .35 zeros out.
Will wait and call in the morning but have a ton of listings still left and listings to get up before I lose my store listings I have already paid for .  

store listing issues 2 12-18.JPG

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

Did anybody actually post a listing to see if the fee showed up on your accounting page or are all of you backing out before submitting a listing? This happened in the past where it showed a fee but the fee was never charged- wishful thinking, but maybe the same issue?

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

Did anybody actually post a listing to see if the fee showed up on your accounting page or are all of you backing out before submitting a listing? This happened in the past where it showed a fee but the fee was never charged- wishful thinking, but maybe the same issue?

@coffeebean832

No I didn't because OP in post #8 said they tried & it didn't come off  the store listings & was charged for 3 at .35 each

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

I took one for the team.

Just listed one on the ID that has used up those 50 and the fee doesn't show up on account activity BUT my balance owed went up by .35. So don't believe what the blues say about not being charged.
Message 14 of 30
latest reply

My listing fees are supposed to be .10 each for premium store, and I got the 50 free listings deal too, I listed 50 items, and it did not show up on my account page, then I went to list a few more, and the first one was .35 cents, and I didn't realize before I hit list, then I went to list another, and again .35 for that one, but I did not list.  I went into my accounting page, and the .35 did get charged.  I'm sure they will fix it.  It seems to be a malfunction.

Message 15 of 30
latest reply