cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let's Go Brandon Products

Good afternoon everyone,

It is very difficult to contact somebody on eBay about these style questions so I figured I would post them on the forum.

If you browse through eBay there are hundreds of thousands of let's go Brandon products all over eBay. I have various stickers that just say let's go Brandon with the USA flag in one of them was recently removed or violent criminal hatred. There are hundreds of other people that have the same designs and I'm unsure why this violated any criminal policies. Trying to talk to eBay was useless and there were no supervisors available to help answer the questions. Does anybody who is more familiar with this than me understand why this was removed and if there is anything that can be done about it? My concern is that it's going to affect our eBay seller account at some point in trying to find out if this is starting to be not allowed on eBay is an endless phone call venture. Does anybody have any thoughts on this or understandings of these types of things.

When you try and ask eBay about it I believe they pretty much go through a script that they're supposed to versus answering the actual question. I just don't want my seller account to be affected, especially when there are hundreds of thousands of the same designs all over their platform. Just wondering if anybody has any thoughts.

Message 1 of 73
latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

Re: Let's Go Brandon Products

Sort of like getting a speeding ticket even though others were going faster than you were.  They can't catch them all at once.  My suggestion is to report the others, as they should receive the same reprimand that you did.  It's only fair and if it's not allowed, it should be not allowed for everyone. 

Message 2 of 73
latest reply

@powercallsirens wrote:

Good afternoon everyone,

It is very difficult to contact somebody on eBay about these style questions so I figured I would post them on the forum.

If you browse through eBay there are hundreds of thousands of let's go Brandon products all over eBay. I have various stickers that just say let's go Brandon with the USA flag in one of them was recently removed or violent criminal hatred. There are hundreds of other people that have the same designs and I'm unsure why this violated any criminal policies. Trying to talk to eBay was useless and there were no supervisors available to help answer the questions. Does anybody who is more familiar with this than me understand why this was removed and if there is anything that can be done about it? My concern is that it's going to affect our eBay seller account at some point in trying to find out if this is starting to be not allowed on eBay is an endless phone call venture. Does anybody have any thoughts on this or understandings of these types of things.

When you try and ask eBay about it I believe they pretty much go through a script that they're supposed to versus answering the actual question. I just don't want my seller account to be affected, especially when there are hundreds of thousands of the same designs all over their platform. Just wondering if anybody has any thoughts.

Do not relist an item that has been removed.  If you have others, take them down before e-Bay does.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 3 of 73
latest reply

Whats a "let's go Brandon"?

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 4 of 73
latest reply

It means F*** Joe Biden.  

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 73
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

Whats a "let's go Brandon"?

@southern*sweet*tea

“Let’s go Brandon” is a euphemism for “F**k Joe Biden”.

You will have to Google the phrase  to understand how it started.

Message 7 of 73
latest reply

Ahhh, okay. 

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 8 of 73
latest reply

And another seller who doesn't have to worry about making a sale to me. 

@powercallsirens 

You might want to verify that some of your other listings don't violate ebay's "offensive items" policy. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/offensive-materials-policy?id=4324

I suspect there may be more issues coming your way.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 9 of 73
latest reply

I got mine at Amazon. If ebay wont let you sell go to Amazon.

Message 10 of 73
latest reply

A favorite of the party that likes to claim the other side isn't "Christian-like".

Message 11 of 73
latest reply

@powercallsirens wrote:
...Does anybody who is more familiar with this than me understand why this was removed and if there is anything that can be done about it?

If your listing has been removed, don't try to list it again, unless you want to run the risk of being eventually kicked off of eBay.

To bluntly answer your question of why it was removed: EBay's HQ is in the San Jose/Santa Clara area of California's Bay Area, one of the deepest liberal areas of the country. Anything, whether humorous or not, that even hints of poking fun at liberals, is fair game to be censored by the cancel culture crowd now steeped in the fad of wokeism.

Since moving there at 15 years old, I lived in California for a little over 51 years. I watched it consistently go down the tubes over that time. As soon as I could retire, I left in 2017 and moved to a very stable "red" state, where I can now breathe a fresher air of freedom and much, much less censorship. I left frivolity and entered the basics of enjoyable, less-restrictive living. All the creature comforts I had in California, I have here - except the low-grade depression that magically disappeared once I permanently crossed the border into my new home.

BTW, as a simple comparison, I can still get unleaded at the local Costco for $3.25 a gallon, and there is no vehicle smog test required at all. Funny thing - we still have some of the best air and environment in the country (except during forest-fire season in the Autumn).

Cheers, Duffy

Message 12 of 73
latest reply

I think it's really odd that these wouldn't be allowed.

I wonder if similar, anti-Trump merchandise is also removed? Or anti-Bush, or anti-Obama, or anti-Clinton...

It just seems like an odd place to draw a line.

Message 13 of 73
latest reply

Not sure but I believe Ebay is a liberal company so anti Biden is against the rules. I am not sure, but it is probably OK to list anti Trump merchandise.

Message 14 of 73
latest reply

@iart wrote:

I think it's really odd that these wouldn't be allowed.

I wonder if similar, anti-Trump merchandise is also removed? Or anti-Bush, or anti-Obama, or anti-Clinton...

It just seems like an odd place to draw a line.

Unfortunately, we're living in a country where the line is drawn by political double standards, which is currently tearing us apart.

- Duffy

Message 15 of 73
latest reply