cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late shipment rate Transaction period

Today I noticed in my seller dashboard

Late shipment rate 11.19% 16 of 143 transactions
Transaction period: Feb 01, 2016 - Jan 31, 2017
BUT on this period I have more then 500 transaction. Yestarday everything was good but today I have such rate.
Questions:
1. Do you have the same?
2. I see notification "If this percentage is above 7.00%, we may follow up with you about the handling time you offer in your listings.". What is this? Could eBay block my account?
Maybe you can tell how to resolve it and why it is so with this rate.

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: Late shipment rate Transaction period

Everythng is OK now! Thank you for fast resolving this issue!

Message 16 of 30
latest reply

YES! Ihave been a TRS for several years. Allofa sudden I am only above standard. Everything else, defects, cancelled items, whatever, is way above the standard for Top Rated. Buut as of January first, I am only above standard. And it is entirely based on late shipments. It has jumped to 4.29%  First of all. 4.29% of what? I look at the list of late shipments and it looks like it goes back a year. Because there is 1 fom Feb 16 and 1 in May. I am not perfect but I really do make the effort to have my items in the hands of usps next biz day. But then beginning in Sept, there are 20 betweem Sept 17 of 2016 and January 31 of this year. It tells me they are all based on tracking from the usps.  But I cannot see the actual tracking details. So I do not know if this has to do with their new way of counting, or if it has to do with the post office. 

I am disabled I cannot drive.  I rely on them picking up my outgoing mail. The carrier we had never missed and she took anything I left in tehe mailbox. Nut dhe retired around that same time. Late Sept. After that, we would go out to get the mail and often find my outgoing packages shoved behind our mail. We usually to not get mail pickup delivery until around 6 pm. By thst time it is too late to take the stuff in to the post office. 

So a lot of my packages sat then until the following day. But there were a couple days when i was just to ill to pack things  i sold. But i have only hadva couple of people complain about packages not showing up. Ladt week I had one that they took that showed NOTHING for 2 weeks. The status was LABEL created in the shipping. The guy contacted me and asked me when I was going to mail it.  Then a half hr later he sent me another message saying that the package just arrived. The tracking went from LABEL PRINTED January 16 to DELIVERED Jan 27. With nothing in between. Am I going to be dinged for that? 

Then there was another one. This ine was sent on 1/30. The status showed SHIPMENT ACCEPTED. Jan 30. And then nothing. The buyer opened an item not received case. Yesterday I was down to the point where i had to refund the seller of have ebay resolve against. I refunded buer $12. 34 MINUTES ZAFTER I SENT THE REFUND THE ITEM WAS DELIVERED! So I called eBay and asked how to undo the refund. I cant. I am titally at the buyer's mercy to do the right thing and semd me my money back. Ebay left me hung out to dry. Again. 

As you can tell, I am frustrated. I have worked through pain and illness to be a good seller and now I am losing money and busiiness because of other people's mistakes and incompetence. So I will likely cancel my store. At end of month. That is when my subs run's out. But I must sell to keep some income. So I don't know what to do at this point. But nothing makes me angrier than paying for other mistakes. I pay for my own. I get frustrated but it is the right thing. But I have bent over backwards to givrw my customers the best service I can and this is what I get for my effforts. Thanks eBay!

Message 17 of 30
latest reply

Please see my reply about losing status. Ebay and U.S.P.S are doing a fine job of ruining me and my small business. I am not hapoy. Are sellers not your customers? Is it not US who pay you? 

Then why are we treated so shabbily? 

Message 18 of 30
latest reply

I had this answer from ebay:

Please be informed that what we only count on "on-time shipping" is all the item number that has been posted with tracking number on it and also if buyer will answer the question 'If they have received the item on time or not'. So, if there is no tracking number and if the buyer will not answer the question that is being sent to them if they have received the item on time. Then, it will count on your transaction for "on-time shippin".

Sherwin
19:30 PM
I trust that I have clarify this matter to you.

Sherwin
19:31 PM
So, if you will post the item without any tracking number on it or if the buyer will not answer the question. Then, those transaction is not going count on your transaction for "on-time shipping".
Message 19 of 30
latest reply

Hi.. I have been downgraded from Top Seller to Above Standard this week,  due to Late shipment rate.  We ship within 24 hours and meet the rules that ebay sets.  I noticed our numbers were off as of Jan 20th.  It was a big changs.     It is not about us shipping late as we do it within 24 hours.   I think it is about the Post Office not getting it to the buyer in the right amount of time but that is just a guess.    We would be golden if we had not used up our grace period during our manditory evacuation and closed post offices here in Savannah for Hurrican Matthew...   

Message 20 of 30
latest reply

Just wanted to add that it makes me feel unsupported as a seller
Message 21 of 30
latest reply

When did you start experiencing this issue?

Noticed the change on Jan 20th
What is the percentage you are being shown?

Late shipment rate
4.25%
17 of 400 transactions

How many transactions are listed for this metric in this period?

17 of 400 transactions
How many transactions did you actually have?

I am not sure how to find this info

What troubleshooting steps (if any) have you performed so far?

We called ebay and they were not helpful 

Message 22 of 30
latest reply

The reason late shipment rate shown is not accurate is as follows;

1. Sometimes your local Post office does not scan packages, it gets scanned at delivering post office (lazy workers). ebay looks at the difference between label generation date (you) and the first Postal scan. If there is a few days difference day assume you dropped the package days after you printed the label.

2. The other problem is, if you have 4 items in one shipment (one tracking #), ebay counts this as 4 late shipment. This makes the number inaccurate.

3. I have started taking my packages to the central post office for better results. however best solution is to wait in line at the post office and ask for receipt of the packages. They will then scan in front of you.

I have a feeling ebay has an algoritm to determine this, unfortunately it is inaccurate (algoritm generated by IT people who can't think of real life stuff)

Message 23 of 30
latest reply

Just was notified that we lost our top rated status due to late shipments.  We ship within the 24 hr mark and rest of ratings are excellent as well as our feedback is loaded with nothing but raving customers stating how fast the shipping is. What gives? Why am I busting my ass to get shipments out fast to keep a good rating if they only will find a way to shaft the seller in the end? Thinking Ebay is looking for more ways to get even more greedy by taking away the 20% discount for top rated sellers to fill their pockets even further.  Posting here will not help I'm sure and would have a better chance telling my neighbors dog this story to see his reaction. 

Message 24 of 30
latest reply

@bella-mia39 wrote:

I'm sure and would have a better chance telling my neighbors dog this story to see his reaction. 

HMmmmmmmmmmm!  I have the same problem of shipping in the 24 hours, but not having scans by the USPS.  I think I will tell the neighbors dog the story, bribe him with a bisquit and see what he gives me in return.........I don't think it will be grief.

Message 25 of 30
latest reply

I noticed similar discrepancies in the Seller Level section in the lower left of the Review Performance page on Seller Hub.

https://www.ebay.com/sh/prf

That box says my Late Shipment rate is 15.79%,  

Tracking uploaded on time and validated 96.55%

I see that it's old data from an evaluation almost a month ago.  The next evaluation should happen in 3 days.  

It might be better if eBay ran this evaluation on a rolling basis or weekly, rather than monthly.

The linked detailed report shows items that "tracking reported delivered late" (no buyers reported late).  And those items are linked but it fails to show me which transactions were late.  I had multiple sales of those items.  The report should link to the actual transction with the paid date, ship date, and delivery date.
Typos courtesy of Lithium.
Message 26 of 30
latest reply

On our Late Shipment Report we have a Payment Cleared Date, a Handle by Date and a First Scan Date. So is a package late based on when the post office is scanning it, not by when we ship it?

For example, we created labels at 2pm and all tracking is uploaded, and the post office picks up the next morning and scans it when it arrives at their facility the next day at 5pm. Is it considered shipped by the next day at 5pm?

Message 27 of 30
latest reply

I have called ebay about late shipment and they dont care  they said  hurrcaine  Erma would not affect your shipping but guess what they counted my late . so e-bay will lie to all sellers.

Message 28 of 30
latest reply

Guys , i am having the same problem. 

I will be happy if you can help me. Here are the answers trinton asked:

-When did you start experiencing this issue?

I start experinecing this issue over a month.

-What is the percentage you are being shown?

%10.45  ( 7 of 67 transactions ) Reigon : Global

-How many transactions are listed for this metric in this period?

-How many transactions did you actually have?

-What troubleshooting steps (if any) have you performed so far?

I have contacted customer support , but they couldn’t find any solution.

Thanks

Message 29 of 30
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cycle_shop wrote:

Guys , i am having the same problem. 

I will be happy if you can help me. Here are the answers trinton asked:

-When did you start experiencing this issue?

I start experinecing this issue over a month.

-What is the percentage you are being shown?

%10.45  ( 7 of 67 transactions ) Reigon : Global

-How many transactions are listed for this metric in this period?

-How many transactions did you actually have?

-What troubleshooting steps (if any) have you performed so far?

I have contacted customer support , but they couldn’t find any solution.

Thanks

Hi @cycle_shop, thanks for sharing these details. I will get this over to our technical team for review. Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread was started, I'm going to lock it from further discussion but if this continues to be an issue for anyone else they are welcome to begin a new thread slight_smile

Message 30 of 30
latest reply