cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late shipment rate Transaction period

Today I noticed in my seller dashboard

Late shipment rate 11.19% 16 of 143 transactions
Transaction period: Feb 01, 2016 - Jan 31, 2017
BUT on this period I have more then 500 transaction. Yestarday everything was good but today I have such rate.
Questions:
1. Do you have the same?
2. I see notification "If this percentage is above 7.00%, we may follow up with you about the handling time you offer in your listings.". What is this? Could eBay block my account?
Maybe you can tell how to resolve it and why it is so with this rate.

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Late shipment rate Transaction period

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fern*wood wrote:

Has anyone been downgraded due to this?

It is a strange thing.  The number is definitely not correct based on a year, and it isn't based on the 3 months either like the tracking upload metric.  I have no idea what timeframe they are basing that number on.

Possibly @Anonymous  can take a look to explain this.  It might just be temporary glitch or it could be change in how ebay wants to evaluate this metric.  It definitely could hurt some sellers as it appears right now.

Hey everyone, I checked and we haven't received widespread reports of this just yet. I will say typically it is you guys here on the community that bring things to our attention first so definitely want to take a moment to thank you for grabbing me in this thread. Happy to look into this ASAP so we can fix any issue that may be going on. If everyone impacted could please email askcommunity@eBay.com from the address on file with the following info I can get a report filed to our tech teams.

When did you start experiencing this issue?
What is the percentage you are being shown?
How many transactions are listed for this metric in this period?
How many transactions did you actually have?
What troubleshooting steps (if any) have you performed so far?

Thanks again!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 11 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

I'm having the same issue - It dooubled overnight not sure if this is a glitch or change they are making

Message 2 of 30
latest reply

Me too. Doubled overnight

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

I read all Announcements. I didn't find anything about changing this rate.

I think that it is a glitch but how can we resolve it?

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

Yeah mine over doubled too. The funny thing is I havent had a late shipment in a month. I thought my postman started stealing packages there for a moment. Either its a glitch or they changed the standards from being last three months to over a year. Even then the math doesnt work out idk. I really hope its a glitch. I went from 1% to 7%. My mail man was sorta bad at scanning in pick ups.

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

I'm thinking its a glitch where its counting only transactions from the past 3 monlths but then only using a total for the past three months. Otherwise they are doing some horribly awkward math to get to that conclusion. Like say you sell 100 items a month, one item a month is late. That would be 1%. Or if they moved to a year it would be 12 items a year. The program is taking the 12 items late with a 300 item 3 month total which quadruples the percent to 4% late items. So this is a awkward software bug that will 2x to 4x your miss rate.

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

I also think that they count past 3 months. Can someone call to eBay and ask why it is so (My English is not very good  for speaking)?

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

hello...

glad there is a thread about this.

i just noticed the same discrepancy on my dashboard.

when i click on the drop down box;

it says period Feb 16 to Jan 17.... 219 transaction.

but if i look at "transaction defect rate" and "Cases closed without...".... 456 transactions,

for the same period of time.

i know i have sold way more than 219 items in the last year.

has anyone called ebay about this?

this could be an issue on the next evaluation if not fixed.

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

It is a strange thing.  The number is definitely not correct based on a year, and it isn't based on the 3 months either like the tracking upload metric.  I have no idea what timeframe they are basing that number on.

Possibly @Anonymous  can take a look to explain this.  It might just be temporary glitch or it could be change in how ebay wants to evaluate this metric.  It definitely could hurt some sellers as it appears right now.

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

I see only those notifications

- Your seller performance status is at risk in the global program.

- If this percentage is above 7.00%, we may follow up with you about the handling time you offer in your listings.

If eBay doesn't correct it or explain I will be not a Top Rated (as to Feb. 20)  also I don't know what is the second message.

Message 10 of 30
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fern*wood wrote:

Hey everyone, I checked and we haven't received widespread reports of this just yet. I will say typically it is you guys here on the community that bring things to our attention first so definitely want to take a moment to thank you for grabbing me in this thread. Happy to look into this ASAP so we can fix any issue that may be going on. If everyone impacted could please email askcommunity@eBay.com from the address on file with the following info I can get a report filed to our tech teams.

What troubleshooting steps (if any) have you performed so far?

Thanks again!

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

- February 2

- 11.19% (Region: US)

- 143 transactions

- 498 transactions

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

I have the same problem recently at coincidentally the same exact percentage as yours, but with less transactions. I didn't know what was happening so I changed my handling time to 2-3 days yet when I check my listings they all still show same day shipping. I don't get it

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

just to let you know it is back to normal for me...

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

I also had the same problem. I was worried and could not figure out why the late shipments. I even wrote on the side and complained. I can't afford to lose my plus.
I'm living on SS benefits.
Dear God, please help me to be
the person my dog thinks I am.
Message 15 of 30
latest reply