cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just curious - June 1st roll out of Free Returns and 14 day return period vanishing (for most cats)

So what happens June 1st to my listings which have 14 day returns and are NOT in the "approved for 14 day returns" categories? Do the listings end/vanish/get changed to 30 days - what?

eBay is not only not very good at explaining what new requirements ARE, but has also never been any good at explaining the connsequences either, I've noticed.

@Anonymous or any other blue out there.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Just curious - June 1st roll out of Free Returns and 14 day return period vanishing (for most ca

@ymeagainlord wrote:
I wonder when the "Summer" one will happen

Since it was May 9 last year I'm going to place my bet on May 15 this year

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

Re: Just curious - June 1st roll out of Free Returns and 14 day return period vanishing (for most ca

@Anonymous wrote:

@ymeagainlord wrote:

So what happens June 1st to my listings which have 14 day returns and are NOT in the "approved for 14 day returns" categories? Do the listings end/vanish/get changed to 30 days - what?

eBay is not only not very good at explaining what new requirements ARE, but has also never been any good at explaining the connsequences either, I've noticed.

@Anonymousor any other blue out there.

Hi @ymeagainlord, I've received an update on how this transition will work. 

• Beginning next week, the option create a new listing with a 14-day return policy will be removed except in the categories outlined in our recent Seller Update
  • If a revision is performed to existing listings, a seller will be prompted to update their return policy
  • Good 'Til Cancelled listings with a 14-day return policy and undergo no revisions will not be updated by eBay to a 30-day return policy until the fall
  • To clarify, the June 1 date is when our Top Rated Plus seller's will need to offer 30-day free returns to qualify for the TRS+ discount
  • Sellers will need to update their listings accordingly before the fall, but no automatic updates will occur on June 1st

Let me know if you need anything else!

So I already offer 30 day return Buyer pays return shipping.  Do I need to change anything in my listings?  

I won't offer Free Returns - that will open a can of worms I don't want to deal with.   So will my illustrious  TRS Badge go away?  I am not concerned with the BIG .5 or .8 Cent discount.

Change the channel!
Message 17 of 23
latest reply

@drusalina wrote:
 ... I won't offer Free Returns - that will open a can of worms I don't want to deal with.   So will my illustrious  TRS Badge go away? ...

Yes, the TR-Plus badge will no longer appear if you don't offer free returns.

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

Tbh, I don't think that badge makes much difference anyway. Too many with it that aren't actually 'good sellers'.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

How could I offer free returns on an item that I only make a $1 or $2  and the shipping is over $2.00.   I don't think this will go well and sellers won't care about a TRS logo or that 2 cent discount!  I know I won't.

Change the channel!
Message 20 of 23
latest reply

You will also loose the ability to charge any restocking fee.
Message 21 of 23
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

@ymeagainlord wrote:
Yeah, strange that the 14 days option will vanish as of next week (which is nowhere near June 1st)....

Apparently they're counting back 14 days before June 1.

The June 1st date is only for TRS+ qualifications.

Simplified returns changes were to go into effect "starting in May" with no specific date given.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2018-spring/simplified-returns.html

Streamlined returns policies

Starting in May 2018, we will streamline our returns policy options. Buyers' expectations are continuously evolving and we strive to deliver a returns experience that is consistent and competitive with the changing marketplace. Our simplified return policy options will help drive a retail-standard returns experience for buyers and may boost your sales. We recommend that you begin changing your returns policies now.

The five return policy options will be:

• No returns accepted
  • 30-day buyer-paid returns
  • 30-day free returns
  • 60-day buyer-paid returns
  • 60-day free returns

Restocking fees will no longer be a return option.

Certain product categories have unique retail standards and sellers will be able to offer variations on the new returns policy options. Categories that will continue have the option to offer 14-day returns include Collectibles & Art, Cameras & Photo and Medical, Mobility & Disability Equipment.

You will also have the flexibility to set different return policies for domestic and international returns. For example, you can choose to offer free returns domestically, and in the same listing, offer paid returns to international buyers.

Because we are standardizing returns, we will remove the "additional return policy details" field that some sellers may use to detail their returns policies. Removal of the field will simplify returns for buyers.

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

So sellers...if you're not concerned about recieving that whopping 10% dscount on FVF....don't worry. Carry on offering 14 days for the return period.

Message 23 of 23
latest reply