cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items not allowed to be sold on eBay

When I talked to eBay recently I suggested they put a section in eBay help about items not allowed to be sold. Not just a category such as tobacco. More of a list to check specific items and brands to make it easy for sellers to find out what has been removed and what could possibly or will be removed in the future if its in discussion or debate with eBay. But for now I think it may be beneficial to us to create a list in discussion of items people have had removed themselves. So feel free to post any listings you have had removed in the past or any information you may have about items that are in question. I personally know Juicy jay's and Hornet rolling paper, Velcro and glass oil burners of certain types are being removed. So hope to find some good info on this post Smiley Happy Smiley Very HappySmiley WinkSmiley LOL

Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Re: Items not allowed to be sold on eBay

This is where I got in trouble, I just looked at this list and thought my item was ok.  It's not until you go to read full policy that you see the other no-no items.

Message 46 of 50
latest reply

@jaad_6732 wrote:
I'm sorry to hear that happened but that's amazing that he survived. And i'm sure it would have gone different if he would have been home when they showed up it was just a bad situation all together. The whole issue with people wanting guns to be illegal is that it wont prevent criminals from having guns just the people who have them legally. If you instantly disarm a nation you can only take the known weapons not the ones owned by criminals. So what your left with is a bunch of armed criminals with the knowledge that there the only ones with guns. And I cant see it going well for people. The reason people who don't own guns are safe is because the people who would attack or rob them have no knowledge about whether there armed or not. Take away that unknown factor and we better get prepared for purge night for real.

We don't own guns   out of choice  because we live in  pretty safe area  so we never felt the need to purchase one . However should that ever change  I doubt we'd hesitate  to buy a gun for protection . Furthermore I agree  with you  . Making gun laws stricter   won't make any difference to people who never abided by the law in the first place.  Banning   guns  would only make it more difficult  for  the law abiding  not to become victims . However safety is the key . Everyone who goes to purchase a gun needs to be background checked  for previous or current mental illness and  to see if they have a criminal record regarding violence . Next is gun safety  training  and a permit to carry . After that then  Americans who qualify  should have the right  to own a gun . The first thing the Nazi's did to the Jewish people was  disarm them and we know what happened after that.  Tulips 

Message 47 of 50
latest reply

I agree with pretty much everything you have said!  A rarity for me, actually.

Ridiculous.  Obesity is a huge epidemic. Should we not be able to sell food that tastes good?

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 49 of 50
latest reply

More of a list to check specific items and brand

{snip}

Velcro and glass oil burners of certain types are being removed

1) It would be virtually impossible for eBay to make a list of every banned item - every prescription medicine, every prescription medical device, every item with a swastika on it, every digitally delivered item, every surveillance product, every firearm, every shipping company logo, every brand of non-domestic caviar, etc.

2) Selling Velcro is not prohibited. But calling any old hook and loop fastener "Velcro" will probably get your listing by the owners of the Velcro trademark under the VERO program.  

3) Sometines it is not the item itself that is prohibited, but rather the way it is listed that is prohibited. You can list a car air freshener on eBay - but if you suggest that it will get you high, then the listing is prohibited. 

Message 50 of 50
latest reply