cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items not allowed to be sold on eBay

When I talked to eBay recently I suggested they put a section in eBay help about items not allowed to be sold. Not just a category such as tobacco. More of a list to check specific items and brands to make it easy for sellers to find out what has been removed and what could possibly or will be removed in the future if its in discussion or debate with eBay. But for now I think it may be beneficial to us to create a list in discussion of items people have had removed themselves. So feel free to post any listings you have had removed in the past or any information you may have about items that are in question. I personally know Juicy jay's and Hornet rolling paper, Velcro and glass oil burners of certain types are being removed. So hope to find some good info on this post Smiley Happy Smiley Very HappySmiley WinkSmiley LOL

Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Velcro Onesie?Velcro Onesie?

So I can't list my Velcro Onesie? 

Message 31 of 50
latest reply

By that standard though aluminum foil is for meth use and digital mailing scales are for weighing drugs. Lighters are for smoking drugs and cars are used for transportation of them. Plastic bags are for drug sales and water is for growing drug producing plants. The list goes on and on it you want to associate a item with a potential illegal use. But it's not logical to do so. 

Message 32 of 50
latest reply

The world would implode.

Message 33 of 50
latest reply

@jaad_6732 wrote:

By that standard though aluminum foil is for meth use and digital mailing scales are for weighing drugs. Lighters are for smoking drugs and cars are used for transportation of them. Plastic bags are for drug sales and water is for growing drug producing plants. The list goes on and on it you want to associate a item with a potential illegal use. But it's not logical to do so. 

I see your point but those associations are still more reaching than that of flavored rolling papers, IMO.

Message 34 of 50
latest reply

A unauthorized chargeback would occur if any item was bought with a stolen card regardless of what it was. But you would have the option to recover your item or money through the PayPal guarantee insurance or eBay. But you could also do it through small claims court if it was worth the time to do so. But if someone steals another person's credit card it a felony and all actions associated are the person performing the crimes fault not the victims of the crime.  If a child is stealing credit cards to buy rolling papers his or her parents have bigger issues to deal with then there kid smoking tobacco. But your right there's no guarantee a kid will never purchase a item they shouldn't. But I can guarantee they won't do it legally. We all have to make good decisions even kids. 

Message 35 of 50
latest reply

Just call it a sticky jumper 

Message 36 of 50
latest reply

Case in  point.  A very recent post stated a child stole his parent's card and bought a video game.  The parents filed an unauthorized use chargeback against the seller, instead of taking it up with the child, confiscating the game, and punishing them for stealing their card.

So who was punished?  The innocent seller.

Message 37 of 50
latest reply

@jaad_6732 wrote:

Just call it a sticky jumper 

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Wink

Message 38 of 50
latest reply

@adsta22 wrote:
At least 3/4 of your items qualify as prohibited because they're drug related.

On the bright side you've now called attention to your listings and hundreds, if not thousands will report your listings. to op 

Well I don't know about any of that . Rolling papers can also be used to roll up tobacco  like some people still do . Furthermore  I'm not sure anyone else cares enough to file a complaint . Tulips

Message 39 of 50
latest reply

@jaad_6732 wrote:

This is more of a political issue but it's Americans constitutional right to bear arms so to deny them the ability to purchase firearms would be a violation of our rights gifted to us by the forefathers of our country. Guns are not the problem it's the people using them. Kind of like people wanting to ban assault rifles. In 2015 around 352 people were killed with assault rifles about 500 people died the same year from hammers and approximately 200,000 people died from malpractice by doctors. So should we ban doctors and hammers?

About 15 years ago we had a dinner party  here a few days before Christmas . My youngest brother and his wife  were here among our other guests .  My brother was an Air Force vet, an avid hunter and gun collecter . When they left here  that night and arrived home they were surprised by two intruders hiding inside their house. My brother was blindfolded , tied up and shot behind his head  by one of the men . They used one of his own guns to commit this crime . His gun collection and his truck were also stolen .Luckily my brother survived and his wife had been tied up as well  but not harmed  .  The police never found the culprits . The outcome  may have been completely different had they'd been  home when the criminals  began breaking into their house . It's unlikely my brother would have been  the victim in that event . Tulips 

Message 40 of 50
latest reply

@jaad_6732 wrote:

This is more of a political issue but it's Americans constitutional right to bear arms so to deny them the ability to purchase firearms would be a violation of our rights gifted to us by the forefathers of our country. Guns are not the problem it's the people using them. Kind of like people wanting to ban assault rifles. In 2015 around 352 people were killed with assault rifles about 500 people died the same year from hammers and approximately 200,000 people died from malpractice by doctors. So should we ban doctors and hammers? op 

I guess I should add that there's a whole lot more to this story . My brother was the intended target  and  he was supposed to be executed . The gun collection and the truck that were  stolen  were  just an added bonus  for the thugs . Tulips 

Message 41 of 50
latest reply

I'm sorry to hear that happened but that's amazing that he survived. And i'm sure it would have gone different if he would have been home when they showed up it was just a bad situation all together. The whole issue with people wanting guns to be illegal is that it wont prevent criminals from having guns just the people who have them legally. If you instantly disarm a nation you can only take the known weapons not the ones owned by criminals. So what your left with is a bunch of armed criminals with the knowledge that there the only ones with guns. And I cant see it going well for people. The reason people who don't own guns are safe is because the people who would attack or rob them have no knowledge about whether there armed or not. Take away that unknown factor and we better get prepared for purge night for real.
Message 42 of 50
latest reply

my point about it is that that could happen with any item not just rolling papers. And if that person who got the charge back wanted to pursue it he could in small claims court. Regardless of who the kid stole the card from hes still responsible for any damages he caused while committing the crime. But in the end his parents would have to pay the money or return the product purchased and any damages assessed because there responsible for the child and his actions if hes a minor. Just like if a kid throws a baseball through his neighbors window (destruction of private property) his parents are responsible for paying the damages.
Message 43 of 50
latest reply

I'm not sure where to post a question about this, so please direct me to the proper forum if I am in the wrong place. 

Regarding vintage medical bags and devices, are there any rules against selling a vintage bag purchased at an estate sale that is full of medical items, devices, including expired prescription medications? I am also concerned about shipping these items via USPS, UPS or FEDX. Any help will be appreciated.

The contents include the following:

Codeine capsules

Tetracaine ampules

Xylocaine ampules

Adrenaline ampules

Calcium Gluconate ampules

Message 44 of 50
latest reply

@good-n-old wrote:

The contents include the following:

Codeine capsules

Tetracaine ampules

Xylocaine ampules

Adrenaline ampules

Calcium Gluconate ampules

Cocaine was widely used back then as a medication. You think you could list that now? Not sure what those are but I wouldn't risk it.

Message 45 of 50
latest reply