cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items are not showing when searching with cell phone

I am about ready to throw it all in a pile and light a match!! Sales are awful and I know some of the reason why. Tried to look at one of my auctions on my cell. They are visible in the search. However, when I click on the item I get the message that "the listing "xxxxxxxxxxxxx" has been removed or this item is not available.  Check the item number...., listings 90 days old will not be available for viewing."'

I have noticed I only get this error when I am on the "classic site" for viewing  rather than the mobile site . I switch to mobile and things are fine.

Did the ebay chat a few days ago and as always promises were made and broken. Nothing was done about it.

This happens with items from 2 of my accounts, no matter what account I am logged into or searching with. The one account I use Wonderlister. The other one I don't. Does anyone have a fix for this?

I am just trying to get rid of my inventory and be done with selling. I am getting older and sales are not like they used to be 15 years ago.

"My sales are like deaths, they come in threes"

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Items are not showing when searching with cell phone

Sorry, I use listings and auctions interchangeably. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 16 of 31
latest reply

Thank you again.

Message 17 of 31
latest reply

Good to know I am not losing my mind LOL   Thanks.

Message 18 of 31
latest reply

I looked at several of your listings using...

Samsung S22 with Chrome

Samsung S22 with the ebay app

My home computer (Mac) with Chrome

They all work fine.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 19 of 31
latest reply

You are most welcome!

Message 20 of 31
latest reply

It's been my observation that repeating the same Search leads to different results.

Which is logical.

Because when you Search, and don't View/Watch/Buy, then it seems likely to the algorithm that what it showed you wasn't what you wanted.

So next Search you see something else.

Should we assume that you are Searching using your own ID? Or another ID, perhaps your buying account? Or no account at all, as if you had just discovered eBay an hour earlier?

Message 21 of 31
latest reply

Also does anyone else think of the algorithm as a worried looking short man with a white handlebar mustache and an AC/DC tour shirt?

Maybe I've been doing this too long. Back to writing that short story about the vampire strippers.

Message 22 of 31
latest reply

"Maybe I've been doing this too long. Back to writing that short story about the vampire strippers."

Don't forget the werewolves....

Message 23 of 31
latest reply

I think you might be right about the guy in the AC/DC shirt!! I actually logged out of my accounts on my phone. The issue is viewing the auction on my phone using the "classic site".  Others on this thread have said they can find and view the item no problem using their phones/classic site/mobile site. Must just be me.

Message 24 of 31
latest reply

Again, I have my reasons for doing things the way I do. Many years selling these stockings with the same competition( whose sales are down as well for certain types). No need to explain anymore to a stranger on the internet. Now unless you can explain the reason for the error codes while using my cell phone as stated in the original post it is time to say adios.

Message 25 of 31
latest reply

Nope, you haven't lost a thing.  Your mind is five-by-five. To add to my last comment, I often wonder how many other things I'm missing when I'm logged in only using my phone and trying to fish through listings and other such.

It almost seems as if I'm not even meant to access the Bay with my phone. It certainly could be easier to use, for sure. And I've been buying more and more, lately. - so I  hope eventually things are improved for us phone-buying folks.

Of course, I'm not terribly savvy on the latest and greatest in tech, so a good portion of it could actually be me too... ( but I doubt it,😉).

Message 26 of 31
latest reply

Nope, you haven't lost a thing.  Your mind is five-by-five. To add to my last comment, I often wonder how many other things I'm missing when I'm logged in only using my phone and trying to fish through listings and other such.

It almost seems as if I'm not even meant to access the Bay with my phone. It certainly could be easier to use, for sure. And I've been buying more and more, lately. - so I  hope eventually things are improved for us phone-buying folks.

Of course, I'm not terribly savvy on the latest and greatest in tech, so a good portion of it could actually be me too... ( but I doubt it, lol).

Message 27 of 31
latest reply

They are in the club across the street. It's a gay bar.

Message 28 of 31
latest reply

Hi, I can validate your concern regarding searching.  I am searching on my second site on my laptop and get that message on about 80% of the items I click on.  I have tried Chrome and Microsoft Edge and it is the same.  It has been going on for a few days.  I was not looking at my own items I was looking at things to purchase.   I am going to call ebay and start a bug report.  

Regarding your second concern about sales;  my sales completely tanked last month for no apparent reason.  I checked on youtube to look at a couple of sellers that give good advice.  I came across a youtube that talked about the new ebay international selling that could be causing a problem.  They opted out of that function and sales rebounded.  I thought I'd try it.  I opted out and within 3 days sales started again and are now better than ever.   After I did that I had an outreach from ebay.  I've never had one in all my 15 years of selling prior to this.   Maybe has nothing to do with the issue since it's anecdotal data but you could give it a try.

Message 29 of 31
latest reply

Just noticed that this thread is a year old.  So this isn't a new problem.  And I'll remember to check dates next time.  🙄  😅

Message 30 of 31
latest reply