cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items are not showing when searching with cell phone

I am about ready to throw it all in a pile and light a match!! Sales are awful and I know some of the reason why. Tried to look at one of my auctions on my cell. They are visible in the search. However, when I click on the item I get the message that "the listing "xxxxxxxxxxxxx" has been removed or this item is not available.  Check the item number...., listings 90 days old will not be available for viewing."'

I have noticed I only get this error when I am on the "classic site" for viewing  rather than the mobile site . I switch to mobile and things are fine.

Did the ebay chat a few days ago and as always promises were made and broken. Nothing was done about it.

This happens with items from 2 of my accounts, no matter what account I am logged into or searching with. The one account I use Wonderlister. The other one I don't. Does anyone have a fix for this?

I am just trying to get rid of my inventory and be done with selling. I am getting older and sales are not like they used to be 15 years ago.

"My sales are like deaths, they come in threes"

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

I would like to point out that all of my listings are done on my desktop. The only thing  I use the cell for is viewing my account and listings.

"My sales are like deaths, they come in threes"

Message 2 of 31
latest reply

What browser are you using? Is it the latest version?

Any difference if you try another browser?

I have previously encountered an issue using an old version of Internet Explorer on a desktop computer where viewing any item listing produced an error saying that the item had been removed, so it is possible to get that message when using an old enough browser.

I have no problem viewing your listings on a mobile device using the latest version of Firefox or Chrome in either mobile or classic mode.

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

Using the latest version of Firefox. My concern is that those using their cell phones for browsing ebay may not be seeing my auctions and/ or are getting the same message as I am.  Wondering if any other sellers can use their cell phones to check for this same problem with their own auctions. Be sure you are on the "classic site". You can find that  option at the bottom of the page.

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

I looked at one you have listed for $40 with shipping. Another seller is selling the same thing for $19 with shipping. Maybe checked sold prices before thinking Ebay is hiding your stockings.

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

Well I certainly didn't mean to click on your smarty a comment as "best answer".  I pray there is a way to undo that!!!!!!!!!!! There is always someone on these boards with a smart / snarky / mean reply no matter what my question is.  EVERY TIME !!!  NO DIFFERENT THAN BULLYING. I HESITATE SOMETIMES TO EVEN POST ON THE BOARDS!!  There is a technical issue with my items not being shown concerning cell phones so yes, they realistically are being hidden. As for the way I price my items that is of no concern of yours. I have been selling these items for YEARS competing with the same sellers each time. I have my reasons for my prices. I can't bad mouth them by explaining my reasons so I'll leave it at that. Now, anyone out there with a real constructive answer or suggestion??

Message 6 of 31
latest reply

That is good to hear that you can see them. I assume you accessed the listings through my ebay ID.  Would you be willing to spend a few more minutes of your time and do an actual keyword  search for   "lands end blank stocking penguins sledding #2"  with both the mobile and classic mode?? I would appreciate it. Only one other smart phone owner in the home and I keep forgetting to ask them to search on their phone.  I don't want to ask any other family or friends to try looking as I don't want them to know my ID.  It's a privacy thing. Kind of like showing your bank statements or pay stubs to others IMO.    Thank you. 

Message 7 of 31
latest reply

When you found my page of listings you did click through to actually view an individual auction, correct?

Message 8 of 31
latest reply

I will fully agree that using a cellphone to access The Bay can be challenging at times. Seems one minute things appear one way, the next, completely different. To the point I'm thinking I'm losing my mind. 

I do really wish that I didn't have to switch back and forth between devices to request seller invoices, and the like.

Message 9 of 31
latest reply

an actual keyword search for "lands end blank stocking penguins sledding #2" with both the mobile and classic mode?

A search using those keywords turns up one result -- your listing. Either classic or mobile mode finds the same listing.

Mobile:

eburtonlab_3-1670555469611.png

Classic:

eburtonlab_1-1670555364903.png

Message 10 of 31
latest reply

When you found my page of listings you did click through to actually view an individual auction, correct?

I opened and viewed your most recently listed item, yes. It was a buy-it-now listing rather than an auction, for the teal dress.

Message 11 of 31
latest reply

Hello,

I clicked on about 25 of your listings, and went all the way to the "buy it" section...everything was fine. 

I used Ebay App and Chrome for Android and Chrome for desktop.  

It looks good.

Message 12 of 31
latest reply

It seems like the majority of your listings are Lands End Needlepoint stocking blank which according to Terapeak sell for an average price of $27 shipped in the last 30 days. Every single one of the 69 of them you have listed is above that price, most of them far above it.

It is incredibly unlikely that you have 69 above average examples and no average or below average ones, which means your prices are too high.

Message 13 of 31
latest reply

The reason for my posting is my concern about my cell phone issues and whether the buyers using their cell phones are getting "the item not available" error like I do. I appreciate your time researching my items. As I stated earlier to another person who commented I have my reasons and methods. Many of those stockings are vintage and have sold as high as $75.00. The sold numbers are way down this year for the "blank" stockings for myself and my competition.

Message 14 of 31
latest reply

Thank you for your time. I appreciate it.  Any idea though why I am getting the error code? I use Wonderlister and the majority of these auctions would have originally ended in February of this year and then revived LOL this fall. Something is not right with the cell use and classic ebay site combo. 

Message 15 of 31
latest reply