cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item not arrived.!.buyer wants money back but 6 months has elapsed.

Any advice please. A buyer bought an item in october. Now 6 months later they say it hasn't arrived. What can I do.?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Not much.   I think even the tracking info has fallen off the charts after all this time.

You might start trying to figure that out,  and maybe ask the PO for help.    Did you save a receipt

for the tracking when you purchased it?    If not,   You'll probably hit a brick wall.

Maybe tell them  "I'm sorry,   But after all this time there really isn't much I can do to help you"

This smells like a scammer to me.    If you want to go back and forth with them,   Ask them if they have spoken to the PO or tried to do a trace.    

What sane person waits 6 months to bring up a lost package?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

And don't fear, after 6 months there is very little a customer can do 'against' you in this case. 

eBay won't give them the option to file an Item Not Received case, and they can't even file a charge dispute with their credit card or bank.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Do not reply to the message and add the buyer to your Blocked Bidder List. That will prevent any further communications or purchases from this buyer.

The buyer is mistaken in 1/3 of the cases. I would download a report from Paypal or Managed Payments, look through it and find out the buyer had never purchased anything from me. They just ran an eBay search, found my identical item and assumed I was the seller.

Packages are not trackable after such a long time.
eBay fees are not refundable.
UPS, USPS and FedEx won't issue refunds for lost packages.

If you do send the buyer a message, which I would not recommend, try this.

Dear Buyer:

eBay considers all sales final at 60 days. That is our store policy as well.

Life is full of statutes of limitations. If you miss a deadline, you forfeit.

Find a kinder way to say, "If you snooze, you lose."

Rest assured that neither eBay, Paypal nor their credit card company will help them after 6 months.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Depending on the card they used, some DO allow charge backs for as long as 6 months. It happened to me and I have seen many others complain of the same thing here. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@jewelerygirl1 wrote:

Any advice please. A buyer bought an item in october. Now 6 months later they say it hasn't arrived. What can I do.?

Nothing to do, the buyer had ample time to contact you within the MBG period, they have left it way too late for any recourse now.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 6 of 6
latest reply