cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It will take 2 days to get paid?????

This is ridiculous! I would rather pay the minuscule extra and go back to the old way with Paypal.

Ebay is charging more and giving less, I hope this company fails and goes out of business.

Message 1 of 152
latest reply
151 REPLIES 151

Re: It will take 2 days to get paid?????

@whatmorefabric wrote:

Ebay has attracted younger buyers and sellers.     Three years ago most people under the age of 35 thought ebay had gone out of business.

Ebay has grown,  especially in the younger age groups.

They need to cater to these consumers and not older folks who are spending less and less.

They need to cater to EVERYONE, not just the man bun crowd.

Message 16 of 152
latest reply

"Ebay has attracted younger buyers and sellers. "

This is a joke, right? I know a LOT of millenials. I do not know one single person under the age of 40 that would even look here to buy or sell. Its just not even on their radar, unless negatively.

Message 17 of 152
latest reply

You've got to be kidding or simply wanting attention on this forum... You're willing to throw a tantrum over TWO DAYS to get paid? It usually legally takes longer for a check to clear your bank when you deposit it!

Cheers, Duffy 

Message 18 of 152
latest reply

@bonjourami wrote:

Sounds like you never worked in the real world where you got paid every two weeks.

Watch what happens when HR says the paychecks are going to be 2 days late.

Message 19 of 152
latest reply

OOOO but we can’t go back. So we change>adapt>roll

I remember the days we would get checks and money orders. So, yeah. Things are better. 

I just hope you sell used automotive parts. 

We don’t like change in the beginning but if you change you can adapt and roll with it. 

Message 20 of 152
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah but you don't sell much on eBay either. 

Message 21 of 152
latest reply

Just  a couple  examples of people that get paid once per month:  military, teachers and full commission sales people

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 22 of 152
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct. Too much stuff going on at eBay to prevent private sellers from making money, whether intentional or unintentional. And they split with Paypal, too. Proof of how arrogance and little arrogance can sink a business. 

Message 23 of 152
latest reply

Maybe that's why you have such poor luck!  Wishing for a company to fail means you hope all the people who know how to roll and adapt along with that company to fail.  You should just try a different platform and focus some positive energy and maybe you could be successful.

My  business is just fine, even with the annoyances.

Message 24 of 152
latest reply

Wishing eBay will go back to PayPal reminds  of an old adage  "If wishes were horses beggars would ride"  - they once owned PP , they separated, got a divorce and are now competitors

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 25 of 152
latest reply

Ebay is shooting themselves in the foot big time.  I removed all of my sales because Ebay is now "Managing Payouts" and will hold your money after selling and then deposit it in your bank account and not PayPal.   It worked great before they made this change.   But now,  this kills my sales because I used the instant payment to PayPal for shipping the items  ..     It's Screwed Up Now!     

Message 26 of 152
latest reply

@billyb952 wrote:

Ebay is shooting themselves in the foot big time.  I removed all of my sales because Ebay is now "Managing Payouts" and will hold your money after selling and then deposit it in your bank account and not PayPal.   It worked great before they made this change.   But now,  this kills my sales because I used the instant payment to PayPal for shipping the items  ..     It's Screwed Up Now!     

Has it occurred to you that maybe eBay is weeding out sellers like you who refuse to adapt?

Also, you still have items for sale so...

Message 27 of 152
latest reply

OOOOOO 

Message 28 of 152
latest reply

In response to billyb952:

I just checked you out... you have not removed all your sales; you still have two listings up for sale.

So where's the real problem, besides your anti-Ebay bitterness and willingness to pile-on along with the other lemmings who haven't taken the time to understand or research what's really going on?

When Ebay says to ship, I ship! The payment is secured and is only waiting to be processed by Ebay/Adyen, which usually takes about two days - NOT A BIG DEAL worth throwing a bitter tantrum over. Employers often wait two weeks to a month for workers to be paid. Think about it and take the time to understand and keep things in perspective.

I've been selling on Ebay for 23 years now, and have seen a lot of changes. Since joining MP, I have had almost a thousand sales. I have not had one hiccup in getting paid, because when Ebay says to ship, my money has been secured and is only waiting to be processed. Things are running smoothly with me and other sellers here because instead of getting our knickers in a twist and whining, we practice the following:

Accept > Adjust > Adapt

Instead of being lemming-like and spewing unfounded bitterness, perhaps try to get with the program like the majority of successful Ebay sellers have. It's your choice, and your shoes are not nailed to the floor - you can still remove the last two listings you still have up for sale and go to where you THINK the grass may be greener, or stay and roll with the successful here on Ebay, which still has the greatest saturation of online commerce coverage in the world.

Cheers, Duffy

Message 29 of 152
latest reply

Ebay has made a lot of money from me using "PayPal"  and my PayPal has a big balance from Ebay.  It's the principle of the change.  I  do not want my personal checking account involved.   There's always one in the crowd.

Message 30 of 152
latest reply