cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isn't eBay offering anymore FREE listing promotions?

I haven't received a free listing promoton from eBay all month.  Usually they offer 1000 to 2000 free listings. Does anyone know what's going on?

Message 1 of 89
latest reply
88 REPLIES 88

Re: Isn't eBay offering anymore FREE listing promotions?

@josb8635 wrote:
I haven't seen a promotional offer this month either and it sucks!! Other than the 50 on the first. If I make money, ebay makes money. My bill is between $100/$150 every month and that .30 insertion fee adds up quick if you dont get free listings! I think it should be free to list all month long for everybody, as long as your acct is in good standing. This month has killed me because my invoice is coming up due and a bunch of my listings have ended, I have a ton of stuff in my saved drafts to list. I keep debating on just paying the 30 cents but when my fvf are over a hundred dollars, and literally I have hundreds of items to list and relist, it wouldn't be worth it and keep pushing me to SELL! If I dont get free listings, and I listed my 300 items that would be $90!!! Just to list, $90 for all listings. Plus pay 10% of my sales, including shipping charges!!! Some people on here dont understand why we NEED these promotional offers to make ends meet!!!
Please give us more free listings EBAY!!

You could also list all 300 items (200 fixed price + 100 auctions) for $17 or $20/month with a store.

Message 31 of 89
latest reply

I may look into it, but I've gotten offers every single month I just dont want to lock myself into a contract and I am already paying $100 to $150 in fees at the end of the month. I'm gonna have to do something though I've spent a lot of money shopping this past month to sell it all.
Message 32 of 89
latest reply

It really goes beyond just the individual sellers.  Ebay execs have forgotten why they still exist.  It's an inferior platform compared to Amazon and others with respect to new retail items.  And it will never be their equal in that regard.  The only reason ebay still exists is because it's still the one place people can come and find just about anything.  New or used.  And when you cut your unique listings by the millions because you're not offering promotions on a regular basis, Ebay loses all those unique items from its catalog.  When ebay ceases to be the place to go to find something you can't  find anywhere else, it will cease to exist.  The world doesn't need another outlet for Ali Baba items.

I wish they understood their business model better.  But the marketing department seems to be run by a bunch of hipster doofuses who have have no idea how the Ebay commnity works.

Message 33 of 89
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

You could also list all 300 items (200 fixed price + 100 auctions) for $17 or $20/month with a store.

Is there a Store package that offers Auction Style listings longer than 10 days?

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 34 of 89
latest reply

Is there a Store package that offers Auction Style listings longer than 10 days?

Nope.

10 days is the longest time frame ebay offers for auction style listings.

"They don't keep me here 'cause I'm GORGEOUS, they keep me here 'cause I'm SMART"...Judge Judy

Message 35 of 89
latest reply

@badgers_36 wrote:

Nope.

10 days is the longest time frame ebay offers for auction style listings.

That's what I thought, I looked through them a while ago and did not see any.  So for the OP, the basic package or next level would be less $$ that current monthly fees ... but on the entry level store of 200 / 100 Auctions they would only be able to list 100 items for a 10 Auction, thus not cover the entire month without additional fees.

Regards,
Message 36 of 89
latest reply

but the store also makes listings after that cost less, as well as making final value fees lower in all catagories, some as low as 4 percent (or is it 6 percent?)
Message 37 of 89
latest reply

@garymi6 wrote:
but the store also makes listings after that cost less, as well as making final value fees lower in all catagories, some as low as 4 percent (or is it 6 percent?)

True about the lower costs for additional listings ... I "think" maybe .25 instead of .30 on the basic level.  And I do not remember what the FVF percetnages were either but I believe you are probably correct that they are lower.  

You know, I looked at the OP's listings ... about four pages with 50 each page, so right now around 200.  BUT, they are ending all over the place time wise.  I did not look at ALL the items but it does seem like the season is right for the clothing, no winter stuff that I could see but it just might too early for Spring clothing in many parts of the country.  And anything for kids for school (back packs, etc.), take those down and list again in August.

For myself, I have the most success with Auction style listings that end on Sunday ... so that can be 5 day starting Tuesday, 7 Day starting on a Sunday and a 10 Day starting on Thursday.  Oh sure, I do some 30 days and also some Buy Nows on Auction listings too but the majority I like "Auction only" and ending Sunday.  I just had over 35 items drop off tonight and I have rescheduled them for Tuesday - 5 Day Auction.  55% of my orders come Friday to Sunday and 38% on Sunday alone ... the numbers don't lie.  The OP "could" stretch her dollars by going with 10 Auctions starting on a Thursday and get two full weekends of exposure and I think in the end maybe close more deals with shorter run times ending when most people are home shopping online.

Regards,
Message 38 of 89
latest reply

Only if your fortune cookie gives you winning Lottery numbers.

Haven't seen any promotions since mid-January.

They seem to want everyone to be an eBay store......

Message 39 of 89
latest reply

man ebay is really sweating me out this time on these listing promotions...I've never had to go th is long without one before 😞 almost my entire inventory is sitting unlisted now 

Message 40 of 89
latest reply

i need a horseshoe right now 😕
One sale a day, tomorrow the entire Galaxy!
Message 41 of 89
latest reply

We upgraded to a store last October , after getting by on the 50 free per month. We have the 200/100 size store. With all of those free listing offers through Christmas, plus in the new year, means we had a lot of sales, but also a bunch of unsold listings , some of which are approaching the magical 90 day mark, to watch them dissapear . That's labor (photographing, writing descriptions) that also goes to waste.

About two weeks ago, eBay offered us a discount to upgrade to the next level store (400/100 I think, with additional listings as low as .10 cents each). We have 1,100 not relisted- another 200 a month won't help us save many of our expiring listings, and you have to pay an additional $35.00 a month for the larger store . Thanks not going to work for us.

I tried using Turbolader to save my unsold listings, but it has so many bugs and locks up (installed and uninstalled twice) so I have given up on that option. 

So- no more free listing offers? It might be a good time to list some of those unsold items on etsy or some other online site. Hate to move to multiple locations, but if this is how its going to be from now on they are not giving us many options .

Message 42 of 89
latest reply

I heard rumors of one but wasn't offered it.  Maybe next time.  Maybe it will push me out of the rut I am in.

Message 43 of 89
latest reply

I hear yah...

My unsold listings are dropping off since I havent gotten any offers in months. Time to migrate them elsewhere. And no, would not ever upgrade to a "bigger store". Just waiting for my 200/100 yearly store subscription to end.

The only bright side is that my eBay fees are a fraction of what they used to be!

Just a humble seller.
Message 44 of 89
latest reply

I imagine the lack of promotions is another example of something I've noticed in alot of areas which really makes me wonder

basically people like us are feeding ebay alot less money due to not having items sell and pay FVFees...but there's no way ebay is that stupid as to not notice receiving less money, so that tells me that there are a compensating (or even more) amount of people who actually pay for a **bleep**load of those 30 cent listing fees...so ebay's total revenue might actually be up and not down based on limiting the free listing promotions 😞

For me, I'm just too careful with my money output to spend on listing fees AND final value fees AND final shipping value fees...

Message 45 of 89
latest reply