cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a scam?

Hey everyone. I saw this add somewhere. Would you go ahead and give them your phone # or just run. I appreciate the insight! 

Looking to partner with an individual with excellent feedback on eBay and a Paypal account in good standing for an exclusive eBay/Paypal rental partnership.

This partnership pays $12,000 per year ($1,000 per month) and would be perfect for a young individual, college or grad student who wants to supplement their income or for someone who has sold much on eBay and who no longer uses their account much.

You Must have excellent eBay feedback (300+, 99%+ positive), Experience selling items of decent dollar value, and a Paypal account with little to no history of disputes along with $20,000 minimum monthly selling limits on eBay (you can check this on your eBay Seller Dashboard or just call eBay Cust. Service, if you have a good selling history you can often just ask them to raise your limits)

If Interested please email me with your eBay User ID so I can verify that you qualify, and the best number/hours to reach you at. (please note that I will only respond to emails that include the above information)

Serious & Qualified Inquires Only Please.

Thanks

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is this a scam?

Yes it is a scam, you would be risking your credit, PayPal and ebay accounts as soon as this other person has access to your accts or does not deliver the goods to buyers.

Only sell what you have in your possession and never allow someone else access to your accounts.

This is a common scam, many times with stolen goods/ stolen CC cards. That is why they do not want to open their own accounts.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I would ask for their info first. Sounds like a good way to get booted.

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Scam.

The odds are good they will propose that you list the item that they will send you pictures and description (which asks the question if they have taken the pics and written the description, why aren't they listing it themselves) of and when they sell they will 'ship' the items to the buyer and you pay them a percentage. 

If they were local, I might check into it because I do consignment, but if is email contact only then it's a scam.

(*Bleep*)
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I would assume this would last 29 days. Since you will be sending funds to their email addy I assume you will get hosed.

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Yes it is a scam, you would be risking your credit, PayPal and ebay accounts as soon as this other person has access to your accts or does not deliver the goods to buyers.

Only sell what you have in your possession and never allow someone else access to your accounts.

This is a common scam, many times with stolen goods/ stolen CC cards. That is why they do not want to open their own accounts.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Sian.. Can you elaborate on the whole 29 day thing. I'm not understanding what you are saying
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I fear that if you respond, you will be subjected to phishing attempts to try to trick you into clicking a link and entering your eBay password on a fake login screen.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Well, after contacting him, he emailed me back asking for my phone number so he could call me and tell me me more about the partnership. Obviously I didn't give him my phone number
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Clearly there's a reason why he can't/won't sell the stuff himself.  Think about that.

Joe

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Google eBay reshipping scam
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Item 122716333078 looks like a scam...........
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Does anyone remember the pregnant girl a few years back that got involved in something like this?  She listed expensive items, they sent a few out, but left her holding the bag for many more.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply