cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it normal even for a new seller to have no sales whatsoever? 3 months!

I have had listings live on eBay for three consecutive months now, and have had only one sale. I recently followed a number of suggestions I received here on the forum to get more views and sales, and am working on them. However, with the listing adjustments I am working on aside, my listings are not bad at all and are very much in line with other listings I see in the same category. 

Is it "normal" at three months, to have had only one sale? Surely it can't be or no one would be left here to sell.

Message 1 of 101
latest reply
100 REPLIES 100

Re: Is it normal even for a new seller to have no sales whatsoever? 3 months!

You have expressed that "views" are low.

How are the "impressions" numbers.

Views. Clicks on your listings.

Impressions.  Shows how many times the page with your listing is being seen.

Are potential buyers seeing/not seeing the page, would be a big concern?

To address combined shipping.  Only those "viewing" the page to read about combined shipping will know it is offered.

If, (and I say if because we/you do not know if it is a factor), shipping cost is a factor in non-views, perhaps " I combine shipping" in the title may be a better use of the alloted space rather than a store name.

Message 46 of 101
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

@ignatia

"I work from desktop, I cannot use a mobile because there is no signal where I am, I write my listings as is logical given my own experience."

You have been given an example of how a listing looks on a mobile device.

You should be able to check your listings by using "mobile-friendly checker" (located on the far right when doing Item description) to see how they appear to those looking.  Many buyers are now using mobile. 

People keep saying this, but I have been told that all templates show poorly on phone. This is beyond my control if it's true. No one is saying anything otherwise. Is it true or is it not, that phones display all templates poorly?

Message 47 of 101
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

mobile checker.jpgmobile checker 2.jpg

Yes, I did this. Furthermore, I am now suspecting it corrupted my template. Grrrr...

Message 48 of 101
latest reply

[[I have been told that all templates look like this on mobile. I cannot tell by my own means, as I cannot connect solidly to a signal here, thus cannot have a phone. 

You are implying that I come across as simple because I know who Babalon as opposed to Babylon is and you do not? Put the phone down and do some research, then you will see how unstupid the term is. It is the name of a Thelema goddess.]]

You were told wrong. All templates DO NOT look like that on mobile. There are mobile complaint ways of creating a template. Do some research yourself.

If you don't know how to do it, ask on the "Tools and Apps" Board. There are some very knowledgeable, friendly folks over there that would be glad to help.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Tools-Apps/bd-p/tools-apps-db

I said nothing about Babalon (the goddess) or Babylon (the place).

I was talking about this:

TeSserAct^Th13rt33n>

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 49 of 101
latest reply

It’s not beyond your control. Stop using templates if you want to be seen correctly on mobile devices.
I don’t remember the percent of mobile users, but it’s growing and will continue to.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 50 of 101
latest reply

@alaudermac wrote:
You unfortunately have much to learn. I've been at this for over 2 decades, and am looking to dump what inventory I have left and leave internet selling after the new tax **bleep**. eBay should be allowing us to refuse to sell to the states that now require the new tax collection, but they aren't. Essentially, I hate to say it, you'll find out that what's "fair, right, expected of customers, etc." doesn't exist as you'd hope on here. And yes if people can buy what eBay is recommending to them as the equivalent at a hugely discounted price overseas, they're going to. Fact of life.

Are you saying that recently it was decided that Canadian sellers have to pay taxes when selling to the states? 

Message 51 of 101
latest reply

@ignatia wrote:

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

@ignatia

"I work from desktop, I cannot use a mobile because there is no signal where I am, I write my listings as is logical given my own experience."

You should be able to check your listings by using "mobile-friendly checker" (located on the far right when doing Item description) to see how they appear to those looking.  Many buyers are now using mobile. 

People keep saying this, but I have been told that all templates show poorly on phone. This is beyond my control if it's true. No one is saying anything otherwise. Is it true or is it not, that phones display all templates poorly?

It’s not true. And you were given the link to the mobile friendly checker-you need to use it. I use the mobile platform and templates that are properly used show up properly. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 52 of 101
latest reply

@ignatia wrote:

@alaudermac wrote:
You unfortunately have much to learn. I've been at this for over 2 decades, and am looking to dump what inventory I have left and leave internet selling after the new tax **bleep**. eBay should be allowing us to refuse to sell to the states that now require the new tax collection, but they aren't. Essentially, I hate to say it, you'll find out that what's "fair, right, expected of customers, etc." doesn't exist as you'd hope on here. And yes if people can buy what eBay is recommending to them as the equivalent at a hugely discounted price overseas, they're going to. Fact of life.

Are you saying that recently it was decided that Canadian sellers have to pay taxes when selling to the states? 

No. That’s not what he’s saying. He’s referring to new tax changes that will apply to US sellers. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 53 of 101
latest reply

@penguins_dont_fly wrote:

[[I have been told that all templates look like this on mobile. I cannot tell by my own means, as I cannot connect solidly to a signal here, thus cannot have a phone. 

You are implying that I come across as simple because I know who Babalon as opposed to Babylon is and you do not? Put the phone down and do some research, then you will see how unstupid the term is. It is the name of a Thelema goddess.]]

You were told wrong. All templates DO NOT look like that on mobile. There are mobile complaint ways of creating a template. Do some research yourself.

You are the first one who has said this. This is my research on this point... me asking about it here. 

TeSserAct^Th13rt33n> 

I am a magician, that is my username combined with a success spell. You again, are the first one to say this. 

Message 54 of 101
latest reply

@ignatia wrote:

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

@ignatia

Do not have a phone, so I can not say.

What I can say is that there is no need for a "fancy/or any other template".

Photos, and facts is what the buyer needs to see.

Message 55 of 101
latest reply

It’s not true. And you were given the link to the mobile friendly checker-you need to use it. I use the mobile platform and templates that are properly used show up properly. 

You seem to have overlooked where I stated I had used that tool.

Message 56 of 101
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

You have expressed that "views" are low.

How are the "impressions" numbers.

Views. Clicks on your listings.

Impressions.  Shows how many times the page with your listing is being seen.

Are potential buyers seeing/not seeing the page, would be a big concern?

To address combined shipping.  Only those "viewing" the page to read about combined shipping will know it is offered.

If, (and I say if because we/you do not know if it is a factor), shipping cost is a factor in non-views, perhaps " I combine shipping" in the title may be a better use of the alloted space rather than a store name.

I have tried various ways to find page impressions, and each way described does not work. Currently I can only see views.  Tell me how to see impressions, please. 

Message 57 of 101
latest reply

@missjen831 wrote:

@ignatia wrote:

@alaudermac wrote:

No. That’s not what he’s saying. He’s referring to new tax changes that will apply to US sellers. 

...one would asssume that it does not apply to Canadians selling from eBay.com though. Is that right? It would only make sense that eBay would differentiate between native US sellers and other US sellers, is what I am saying.

Message 58 of 101
latest reply

@ignatia wrote:

@penguins_dont_fly wrote:

You are the first one who has said this. This is my research on this point... me asking about it here. 

TeSserAct^Th13rt33n> 

I am a magician, that is my username combined with a success spell. You again, are the first one to say this. 

To a non-practitioner, it just looks like n00bspeak. 

If you want a broader audience, you must appeal to everyone. Crystals are not just for mystical purposes, they are also collected by geology fans and just for good-old decorative purposes.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 59 of 101
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote: 

What I can say is that there is no need for a "fancy/or any other template".

Photos, and facts is what the buyer needs to see.

Yes, everyone has an opinion. Mine is that listings are their absolue ugliest, when there is no template. No template is not an option for me. However, people can stop responding as if I am daft, no need to say how to change a g*ddamn*d template.

Message 60 of 101
latest reply