cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is eBay raising the commission rate to ordinary sellers without a store? Confused by the new update

The new seller update shows increased commission rates for several categories. It's not clear to me if it is across all items, with a few categories having an even higher rate.

I sell all sorts of items, but primarily fabrics, trimmings, and vintage items.

I don't have a store, only a basic account. Top rated, with lots of happy, repeat customers.

Does eBay commission remain at 10%, or is it going up to 11.5% for basic sellers?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is eBay raising the commission rate to ordinary sellers without a store? Confused by the new upd

11.5% is for Managed Payment and is inclusive of both the Final Value Fee and Processing Fee (You used to pay 10% FVF and 2.9% to PP)

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Is eBay raising the commission rate to ordinary sellers without a store? Confused by the new upd

Maybe I am missing something but I don't see anything about increased Final value fees anywhere
Here it is at a glance 
I only see On Luxury watches a discount on the FVF's

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/timeline.html

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I agree.........only fvf change is for watches.........they do mention Managed Payments.........but the Poster is not in that yet...........

@treschic53 

just a heads up..........antelope.....not antilope........

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for the reply about FVF's.

The Gloves-----The animal is as you say, Antelope, in English, but the biological name is Antilope, and these gloves are French,  labeled as Antilope Suede.  If you look at all of my photos you will see the inside of the gloves are stamped Antilope by the glove maker.  

I appreciate your time looking at my listings to be helpful.  

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Perhaps you should put both spellings in your title, since most eBay.com buyers are English speakers and are unlikely to search by the French spelling. If the gloves were made of wool and labeled as such, would you only include the word "laine"?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

11.5% is for Managed Payment and is inclusive of both the Final Value Fee and Processing Fee (You used to pay 10% FVF and 2.9% to PP)

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

You will have to take into account the newer FVF's when purchasing items to make sure that you will be able to make money off of the item. With eBay it is always a good idea to add a little extra to the FVF when buying items to cover future rate increases and any additional costs like promoted ad's or store subscriptions. So if a item does not sell right away you will not lose too much money if there is a rate increase.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply