cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone having luck with the new listing tool?

This isn't a whiny session. I promise. But I'm having serious trouble with the new listing tool. Been selling on eBay for 20 years and every update takes some getting used to. But this listing tool is driving me to drink.

It seems that eBay puts in random info, dates, and such which I don't catch right away and have to revise, revise, revise. I'm getting better. I only have to revise about 30% of our listings (down from 90% a week ago). I'm also ignoring a lot of the info that I used to easily plug into the old form. Which will probably hurt our search results.

Honestly, looking for people who like the system, tips, information to make it make some sense. Or is it just going to take some time to get used to - and a few bottles of Bailey's?

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Is anyone having luck with the new listing tool?

@iart wrote:

@aeparts1 

Ho do you switch to classic? I don't see the option?

If you have the option to switch back (some do and some don't), it's found by clicking on the three vertical dots icon in the upper right corner of the form: 

Switch_to_Classic_View.jpg

If you can find "Switch to classic view" at the bottom of that little popup menu, clicking on it will get you there. The link apparently disappears after some period of time.

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

@iart wrote:

@dhbookds 

You wrote: "I don't quite understand what "ebay puts in" if you are going to a "blank" form unless you are trying to piggyback of one of their suggested like items......... "

We use sell similar. Which I think is now part of the problem. But if you're listing 15 books, sell similar seems to be the best choice. Am I wrong?

But eBay now seems to be putting info in from our previous book - which we did NOT put in in the first place - and we stopped using isbn too so I have no idea where they get some info from (dates and categories that I've noticed. Who knows what other lies they're making us tell).

Not a popular opinion I'm sure... but I use listing software so I can do up templates (and I have like 100 templates for all the different types of stuff I sell), to minimize the amount of updating. In my templates it's blank where the information needs to be changed, but all the properties relating to that genre are filled in.

I find eBay listing tools to be too much trouble.

C.

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

@yuzuha 

Sorry for all the questions. But are you using a phone or computer?

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

I am using sell similar at the moment with any new listings with the template that has been already created and just tweaking it for the new item and have not had many problems at all.

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

Firefox on desktop!

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

If you are one of the unlucky ones that eBay has already forced in to the new tool, you are out of luck. You are stuck with it.

If you clicked on "try the new tool", like I did, ahead of being forced in to it, look in the upper right hand corner. There should be three tiny dots. Click on them & you should be able to switch back, until you are forced in against your will.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
Message 21 of 24
latest reply

Did anyone notice there's no "Tell us what you think" button to press?

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

I'm back to using the old tool, which has a "tell us what you think" button. I've been using it for every single item I list, both on the work account & my personal account. I've been giving eBay my unbiased opinion of their horrible new tool. Not that I expect it to do any good.

I get lots of surveys from eBay, both on the work account & my personal account. eBay wants to know how I like the return process, they get an earful about how much I hate the new listing tool.  eBay wants to know if I think I should be able to pay for one of the crooked loans they pedal directly out of my Managed Payment funds, they get an earful about how much I hate the new tool, in great detail. Some of these surveys will have 4 to 6 boxes I can fill with 2000 characters, I use them all.

Not that I expect it to do any good. But, I get to vent.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
Message 23 of 24
latest reply

I have found that the new listing system is not providing all the shipping options. In recent listings first class and trading cards are not showing up. I contacted the help desk and they didnt know why either. 

Message 24 of 24
latest reply