cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Lysol now a banned item ?

Wondering if Lysol is now a banned item on Ebay ?

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: Is Lysol now a banned item ?

I believe he replied to you on accident by looking at what he wrote it was meant for someone else

Message 16 of 32
latest reply

I can’t get out to check the store shelves. I order groceries online and the shopper looks while he’s there just to make sure. I live in a small town and so far the stores aren’t fully stocked.

Geez. I paid $40 for a can of Lysol from a “gouger”. I’m headed straight to Hell I guess according to some of these folks.

Well I appreciate that seller having it and I’m sure they didn’t retire to the Bahamas off the sales of a couple of cans of overpriced Lysol.

The people everyone needs to be mad at is the stores who don’t set buying limits. Don’t be upset with me for buying what I need at a price that was acceptable to me.

Patriotism…is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime. -Adlai Stevenson
Message 17 of 32
latest reply

@tigercatt-16 

Or instead of supporting profiteering, which takes advantage of desperate consumers and takes products off the shelf for the rest of us, you could make your own disinfectant.

A simple 2-3 tablespoons of bleach for every quart of water or 1/3 cup per gallon.

Problem solved.

Just sayin’.

Message 18 of 32
latest reply

@tigercatt-16 

It’s illegal to sell essential products for more than 10% above normal price in an emergency.

You could always complain to your Congressperson and Senator if you don’t like the law.

Message 19 of 32
latest reply

It isn't something you can complain to your Congressperson or Senator as those are the people at the federal level. Price gouging is at the state level and most states have it in effect right now because of an emergency. That 10% is only applicable to a few states including California. My state: New York, there is no set percentage. It is totally up to be interpreted.

The only product that falls under federal is gasoline and oil.
Message 20 of 32
latest reply

Sigh.

My store was out of bleach or any kind of disinfectant. I know you’re trying to help with that suggestion but it isn’t possible. I guess people knew about this solution too. I have no bleach on hand.

Patriotism…is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime. -Adlai Stevenson
Message 21 of 32
latest reply

My main concern is killing germs and staying alive. Why would I report the very people providing a product I need at a price I can afford?

There are enough of you “Gouging Police” who ruined it for people who had absolutely nowhere else to turn. I finally lucked out and got my Lysol and toilet paper anyway but feel really sorry for those scouring listings just to have them pulled.

You should complain to the stores who don’t put limits in place instead of harassing people on Ebay.

Message 22 of 32
latest reply

Well now they cannot sell it on eBay anymore so you should find some soon.

Message 23 of 32
latest reply

Problem is that eBay has to follow the law. Price gouging is a crime when an emergency is declared. Both the seller and eBay can be fined or go to jail. eBay can't go to jail but the seller can.
Message 24 of 32
latest reply

Away from the item, it isn't price gouging if the seller puts an item on auction and the price is discovered naturally.

Message 25 of 32
latest reply

Which is kind of idiotic. The cost of importing goods by air from China has more than doubled in the past month as all commercial flights, which normally carry cargo, have shut down. The cost that manufacturers overseas are charging for certain items have skyrocketed, due to the fact that you are competing with the entire world for the product. No to mention the fact that online market places are randomly pulling listings, increasing the risk of the importer

At only a 10% increase on most of these items, the buyer will face a loss. As a result, people will not bother importing it, and their will be continued shortages.

Message 26 of 32
latest reply

Wondering if Lysol is now a banned item on Ebay ?  op 

I wouldn't be a bit surprised ,,  even on sellers  offering it at  a reasonable price . Lysol is impossible to find in any store in our area . So if there are people who  mainly  rely  on only  just one or two online selling sites to get much needed supplies ,,   they may be  just out of luck.  Tulips 

Message 27 of 32
latest reply

@tigercatt-16If you cannot get out of you house as you say then you really do not need Lysol.
Message 28 of 32
latest reply

Is there a law for not selling detergent or disinfectant? Can you give me a link because I keep hearing the word essential. The only thing that is essential in this world to live is food and water. The government and the scientist say over and over again. Wash your hands with soap and stay home. I ride by Wal-Marts around my area and it looks like Black Friday. Now what I can not understand is the fact if you start the bidding off at what you paid for it. That would not be defined as price gouging. What is even more pathetic is if I am selling a case of Lysol Wipes for a outrageous price. If someone buys the twelve I'm selling. What do you think they are going to do with it? Donate it to the local Salvation Army or maybe the homeless. No, they are going to sell it somewhere to make a profit. Its called Capitalism. Its what this country was founded on.  #bread&water NOT #lysol&toiletpaper

Message 29 of 32
latest reply

Why not put Listerene in a spray bottle?  It's a disinfectant.  Read the bottle.

Problem solved.

Message 30 of 32
latest reply