cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Lysol now a banned item ?

Wondering if Lysol is now a banned item on Ebay ?

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: Is Lysol now a banned item ?

Yes.

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 2 of 32
latest reply

despite things going on in the world thanks to china I see items like that for sale again at the stores !!  that is why would I never look on ebay for that kind of product ? The shelfs are getting restocked again ! Be patient !! Might be a good thing in the future to buy 2 instead of one when things get back to somewhat normal ! we have done that for years here in our home !! Just in case !!!! price gouging is one thing different if you buy a collectable because it really is not price gouging ! it just comes down to what a person paying what they are willing to pay for an item that is hard to find and they collect ! !!! Toilet paper ! Sham poo , Tooth paste disenfectants and the like is still going to get made ! And cows will still give milk and chickens will still lay eggs ! But when things that are as essential as food and hygene like items during something a terrible thing like this takes place it would take a pretty crast like character to take advantage of that sort of situation. to make a buck or so is one thing. But to make a buck is not so bad as to gouge for multible times the price it can be bought for. Just had to spout off about that one !! The USA Will get thru this ! Together !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 3 of 32
latest reply

Yes the Toilet Paper and Lysol Police have been happily reporting away which has caused me not to be able to get these things that are sold out absolutely everywhere else. I’m angrier at them than I am at the price gougers at this point. 

Patriotism…is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime. -Adlai Stevenson
Message 4 of 32
latest reply

Stores are beginning to restock.  Where in Indiana are you?

Have you checked?

Message 5 of 32
latest reply

I’m in a small town in Missouri. I can’t get out to go to the store because I’ve been sick (not the virus). I called my store that delivers and right now they are out. I try looking online everyday but no luck.

I’m just very frustrated and disappointed I can’t get it here.

Patriotism…is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime. -Adlai Stevenson
Message 6 of 32
latest reply

It should be banned on this site because if families can only buy one in a store and assuming you are lucky to even see it in a store. Who are theses gurus of commerce that have so much Lysol that they can price gauge on Ebay? Hope the US government hunts you down.
Message 7 of 32
latest reply

I cant afford $100.00 for one can. If you would pay that much then you would be part of the problem of why it is not in the stores for us regular buyers.

It is the buyers paying that ridiculous amount that give the sellers the means to go buy more off the shelf.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 8 of 32
latest reply

So because you can’t afford it means I shouldn’t have any either? That doesn’t even make sense. I would prefer not to buy it at such a high price either but that’s what it is going for. I can’t find it anywhere else.

Why should I go without because you don’t have the money to afford it?

I can afford it and they have it to sell. Isn’t that what this place is all about? Buying and selling at a mutually agreed on price?

If you can’t afford it then obviously don’t buy it but quit trying to prevent those of us who can.

Message 9 of 32
latest reply

Nice name calling. Not mature enough to have discussion huh?

Look. I need the Lysol and they have it for a price. I can afford that price. Why should I go without because you don’t have the money?

I thought Ebay was about buying and selling at a mutually agreed upon price. Not about people who can’t afford those prices to whine that they can’t.

Just like everything else in life, if you can’t afford it don’t buy it. Wait until your store restocks it and gripe at them for not setting limits.

Just quit trying to stop everyone else on Ebay from buying and selling it.

Message 10 of 32
latest reply

Neither 

I’m here for the same reasons everyone else is I would imagine. Isn’t this a discussion board?

Message 11 of 32
latest reply

It will be taken down as people have continued to price gouge all the sanitation items.

Message 12 of 32
latest reply

You really need to check your stores as we have all  our essentials back on store shelves.   It's at the convenience stores as well.   However our stores are limiting the amounts anyone can purchase.

Message 13 of 32
latest reply

While Lysol is a good product, it doesn't do much more than soap /detergent and water.
Soap/detergent breaks down the walls of viruses and kills* them.

Add a shot of bleach to your soap and water is a spray or pump bottle and you don't need Lysol. Or Pine-sol. Or Purell.

You're paying for that "medicinal" smell.

*Well, technically, viruses are not alive but... no, I don't understand why either. Anyway, it's why antibiotics don't cure colds. Colds and flu are viruses too.

Message 14 of 32
latest reply

Lysol isn't the only brand of disinfectant spray.   Frankly despite the bans and price gouging there are plenty of sellers that are ignoring the bans and selling anyways.

Message 15 of 32
latest reply