cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Ebay not honoring sellers "Block Bidders" List

So I had someone who started with best offer, I politley refused as the offer was 50% less than what I was asking and also I have my itmes at lowest price.  I use the best offer if someone wants to by multiple itmes I will discount for shipping since I offer free shipping.  So first time I respond with this 

"Thank you for your interest. With Ebay Fees, Shipping and Pay Pal Fees, we can not offer any discounts unless multiple items are purchased. Thanks Rich"

The buyer comes back with another offer and says this,

"If your not going to come down what you will take or don't put best offer"

So I put the buyer on my Friends list and reply with this,

"I do not take kindly to you telling me how to list my items.I put best offer for people who want to buy multiple items so I can discount for shipping.Ebay offers no other way.as explained before Ebay fees, shipping and product cost leaves me at 6.00."

Thinking I really do not want to deal with someone who tries to tell me how to run my business, I blocked them.

2 minutes later I get another offer from them?  Checked my block list and the ID is on there?

Just going to let it time out and hope they go away.  If they decide to buy the product, I really don't want to send it to them, but ebay obviously will allow them to do. 

Any thoughts........

Rich 

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Is Ebay not honoring sellers "Block Bidders" List

I'm with you regarding educating the buyers about the costs of doing business here. I think if they know what we have to pay they will be more understanding about how we price our items. I know there are some sellers who will disagree but that is their prerogative.

No one should be expected to just give their stuff away just because someone else wants it. Unfortunately, there are buyers here that thinks you should. We have all come across them at some point or another while selling here. I am glad to say that they or few and that most buyers are nothing like that.
Message 16 of 19
latest reply

I was told by CS a blocked bidder can respond to your emails as long as you respond back to theres.   

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

Is there a way to block messages from certain people?

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread HERE.

Thanks.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply