cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International customers not understanding how Global shipping works (and getting negative feedback)

I've been a 100% seller on eBay for about 30 years. This year, twice, I had international buyers and the shipping labels that eBay gave me were for their global distribution center in Illinois. Twice, these international buyers think that I was sending it to the wrong address, despite explaining to them how this system works.

Now I have another international buyer saying they're going to dispute what I sold them, even though I sent him a link to how the system works.

I'm ready to close my account because of this. How are international buyers not aware of this, and why can't I get my negative feedback removed?

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: International customers not understanding how Global shipping works (and getting negative feedba

Are you using eBay International Shipping?

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Re: International customers not understanding how Global shipping works (and getting negative feedba

Yes. I never see the buyer's international address in the shipping label, only the Illinois address.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Contact 'ebay for business' on facebook- they will remove it. 

You will 'leave message' and then be prompted to 'sign in' so they can see your account.

They take 15 mins to 6 hrs to get back to you, so plan on leaving screen open, or checking back and then you could be 'waiting' for hours again. Best to just open the page, do the 'message', leave open and wait.

You start the message with "I shipped item using EIS and customer left negative feedback about the shipping) they will remove it if it says anything about the shipping, they will NOT if it says something about the item you sent them. 

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

@heckofagame wrote:

Are you using eBay International Shipping?

Since it shipped to Illinois, I would guess 'yes'. 

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

ps. you don't have any 'EIS' negative feedbacks- your 1 feedback sounds like YOU shipped it yourself (how would you know they didn't have the right address) and 2nd- your 'response' sounds very unprofessional; remember, other 'buyers' will see how you are and what you say. 

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Good guess

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

That's because the buyer thought I shipped it to the wrong address. Yes, it is an EIS issue because I sent him the address I shipped it to (EIS) and he didn't understand. I even explained it, sent links, etc. and he didn't care. This whole process is frustrating.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

@starmanthx wrote:

That's because the buyer thought I shipped it to the wrong address. Yes, it is an EIS issue because I sent him the address I shipped it to (EIS) and he didn't understand. I even explained it, sent links, etc. and he didn't care. This whole process is frustrating.

Then not sure why you said what you said as you stated that THE BUYER gave you the wrong address???

Person had the wrong address in his account and never told me to send it to another address.

Anyway; follow the Facebook info I gave you; although it may be 'too late' as this is something showing as 'feedback left over a month ago' (past 6 months) so I'm not sure how far 'back' they can go to remove. 

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Right, because at the time, I wasn't clear about EIS myself. I only did the research after the whole thing fell apart. I shipped all over the world, I never had an issue. Now with this EIS garbage I'm getting angry messages from buyers. I'm ready to just ship to the US and be done with it.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

@starmanthx wrote:

I'm ready to close my account because of this.

How are international buyers not aware of this,

and why can't I get my negative feedback removed?

Why?

Because people are stupid.

You can, but not from overseas CSRs who read from flow charts and don't even have the authority to do anyhting in the first place.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

"You are fully covered by eBay's Money Back Guarantee and the expected delivery date is 1/1/24.

"Your purchase was shipped 30/11/23 using eBay International Shipping, a service that gives the seller only the address of the eIS plant in the USA.  It arrived there on  5/12/23. From there your purchase will travel to your home in Outer Mongolia with hundreds of other shipments from all over the USA to your country."

Give the last expected delivery date not the first. Lowered expectations.

If there is another query, repeat the first.

Since the item is deemed delivered by you, he cannot open an Item Not Received against you. Any late delivery is the responsibility of eIS. Stay out of it.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

@starmanthx wrote:

I'm ready to just ship to the US and be done with it.

Uh...that's what the programs DO

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

You may want to re-read the EIS information before you opt out. The program is going to go through some growing pains but this is no different that the way packages used to flow through any of the other eBay international shipping programs like the GSP. The BIG difference is the seller protections you get under EIS. Once it gets to the EIS hub you are done unless something happens to the package on the way to the hub. 

If you really want out of the EIS program you can elect to opt out and handle your own international shipping rather than simply closing your account. To opt out. Go to your account settings, scroll down and click on shipping preferences. 

dbfolks166mt_0-1701984759399.png

When the following comes up simply click on the OPT OUT. I believe it asks you why you want to opt out but just provide and answer hit enter and you are out of the program. Once you are out I am not sure how easy it is to get back in. 

dbfolks166mt_1-1701984850154.png

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

I don' t use ebay shiping, in spite of their rather impressive guarantees. I use other service which I am perfectly happy with. They use the same system as ebay, i.e. I ship the order to their distribution center after that they affixed the international label and ship it with one of their partners to the destination country.  What I do, maybe differently from others is that right after I upload the tracking number, I sent them a message/letter. (I copied it below). Once Asendia issues that second tracking number for the final leg, I send the buyer another message with a link where they can track their packages. What is good about this second number is that Asendia provides a link the the postal services of the individual countries. (it's like you would order something from abroad and the seller would send you a USPS link for the delivery in the USA). My point is to give them the information AHEAD of time. NEVER had a single complaint. And in the past 12 months I mailed around 200 orders abroad.

Here is the message I send:

Hello:

I have uploaded the tracking number for your order. Here is the direct link:

a1.asendiausa.com/tracking/?trackingnumber=AHOYXXXXXX

When reviewing the tracking information, you will see that your order initially goes to the carrier's (Asendia USA) international distribution center here, in the United States. After it reaches that center, Asendia USA uses their international partners (La Poste, Royal Mail, Swiss Air, USPS etc.) to deliver your order to you.

Once the order reaches your country, Asendia USA usually provides an additional tracking number for the final delivery leg within your country. I will forward that number to you, when/if I receive it.

Best regards and thank you for your order.

Martin

www.ebay.com/str/Martin2001AntiquePrints

============================

Message 15 of 19
latest reply