cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Buyer Wants Refund For Undelivered Item

Never had a real issue before. Buyer requests refund for package that arrived in Italy but continually showed not deliverable and now says return to sender (probably bad address but I don't know). I doubt it really returns. Buyer is requesting refund from me, I have provided tracking per the eBay suggestion. Question is how do I tell them to contact eBay specifically about it? I've never made such a claim, don't know what it looks like from that end. Also not sure why the system contacted me directly, it has all the information about tracking and I have understood that once handed over to them it was their baby. Buyer will certainly expect a full refund including eBay's high international shipping fees. Any way to clear this up without contacting CS?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: International Buyer Wants Refund For Undelivered Item

did you mail thru GSP? if so,   Buyer should file a Not Received claim and Ebay "should" handle it.  Might be wise to call and ask for a GSP expert as soon as they file.......

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

You will need to contact CS

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Good luck in the middle on a case like that right now.
Ebay froze funds looking for more information on item condition, for a case filled by buyer for item not recieved
So much for all that great talk about Global sales protecting us................
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

it has all the information about tracking and I have understood that once handed over to them it was their baby.

It is only eBay's baby if you used eBay the Global Shipping Program. All the following answers assume that this is the case.

Also not sure why the system contacted me directly

Because eBay would much rather have you refund the buyer, instead of footing the bill themselves. So they are going to give you every opportunity to do so.

Buyer is requesting refund from me

Did the buyer file a claim with eBay, or just message you to ask for a refund?

Question is how do I tell them to contact eBay specifically about it?

They need to file a claim with eBay. If they have already filed a claim, you as the seller will probably need to contact customer support and ask them to abide by their terms, issue the refund at eBay's expense, and close the case.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply