cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improvements to the iPhone Buying and Selling experience

I’m happy to announce that we’ve just launched an improvement to the iPhone buying and selling experience on eBay.

Network Technology (GSM/CDMA):

Apple creates multiple models of their iPhones that support different network technologies like GSM or CDMA. These network technologies determine which network carriers are supported on the phone.

e.g. The iPhone X Model A1901 supports GSM only. This means that you cannot use Verizon or Sprint as the network carrier on that phone.

To help sellers and buyers navigate through this complexity, we have updated our experience as follows:

Selling Experience:

During the iPhone selling experience on ebay.com, we now ask sellers to choose the Model Number of the phone they are trying to sell:

VSE.jpg

You can find the Model Number of your phone on the back of your phone or box. Alternatively you can also get it from general settings on your phone, by tapping once on the “Model” value.

Model.jpg

Buying Experience:

The iPhone product pages (PRPs) now show which “Model Number” you are buying. You can also select the available “Model Numbers” from a drop down.

Please note that the available “Model Number” values is dependent on the supported network. So please select “Unlocked” Network to be able to select all the “Model Numbers”.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Apple-iPhone-X-256GB-Space-Gray-Unlocked-A1901-GSM/239160993

iPhonePRP.jpg

If you are unsure which model or network type to buy, please check with your carrier for compatibility.

If you have any comments/questions/feedback about these updates. Please comment below.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 82
latest reply
81 REPLIES 81

Re: Improvements to the iPhone Buying and Selling experience

Not too on topic, but why does e-bay keep relentlessly messaging me to check out what my iphone is worth and/or send me discounts on listing an iphone?

I've never sold one here.

Also I wouldn't!

I feel like e-bay is asking me to bring my horse over to their unfenced farm.

Build a fence e-bay! 

Message 76 of 82
latest reply

Thank you!

Message 77 of 82
latest reply

Isn't this pinned in the wrong forum?  I see there's a specific forum for IOS users, so why it is pinned in the general board?  

Message 78 of 82
latest reply

Ya, that's what I thought also.

Have a great day
Message 79 of 82
latest reply

How about just making ebay work on an iphone or any mobile device? The ap and your web experience is horrible
Message 80 of 82
latest reply

Need a bit of levity here.  I happen to know syedmhaq has a good sense of humor and tries real hard.  

Message 81 of 82
latest reply

Gee, I'm still ebaying on the same windows laptops I've always used.  I thought all the changes to this site the last ten years was to make ebay better for phones, because overall the entire experience on this site is a helluva lot worse than it was ten years ago!

Message 82 of 82
latest reply