cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Immediate payment required with best offer

Hey all,

About a month ago I had a new buyer with 0 feedback make an offer.  It said that they had signed up for Immediate Payment required when they make offers.  Sure enough as soon as I accepted the offer within minutes I received notification that payment was processed.

Have had several offers since then and have not seen this option again.  Did I miss something in an update? Is this something new buyers are required to do?  Just a one off?

Hope everyone is having an awesome week!!

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: Immediate payment required with best offer

Don't know why you got so angry at eburtonlab about disagreeing, and their highlighted screenshot does indicate that only SOME buyers (a select group) are required to provide a payment method before making offers. 
You are in that select group of buyers.  However, since not all sellers have that requirement check-marked in their settings, that is why you don't always get the requirement to provide a payment method, because you would get those only for sellers who DO keep it check-marked.  
The buyers are Ebay-selected.  The sellers are self-selected.  

Message 31 of 38
latest reply

I buy and sell a lot on eBay, and just ran into the immediate pay on offer acceptance when I made offers on several items from the same seller.  My payment method was charged for separate shipping on each item, plus one of the items was duplicated on my invoice for other items from the seller. It took the seller and me three days to get it straightened out.  This is a really bad thing for multiple purchases.  There should be some way to combine multiple offers and straight-out purchases from the same seller, without having to go through all this, or for the seller to have to reimburse the buyer for shipping overages.  

Message 32 of 38
latest reply

Immediate Payment

I must be in the new "immediate pay" rollout.

In late January an offer was sent to me on an

item that I had bookmarked. I did not send an offer.

When I accepted the offer, I was prompted to pay immediately

from the acceptance box. I did so, paying with a credit card.

The next day I saw that the item had been cancelled and that

I would receive a refund, which I did.

The seller emails me, through ebay, and lets me know that my item plus three

others had been RELISTED ALTHOUGH THEY HAD SOLD LAST YEAR!!

She had to cancel, refund and let the buyers know what had happened.

She was very upset that, while she was not selling during the holiday season,

that PREVIOUSLY SOLD items were being relisted and sold.

It didn't matter to me a lot since the item wasn't actually available to be purchased,

but it bothered the "seller" a great deal as it probably screwed up her metrics.

I told her that I had stopped selling when ebay stopped allowing negative feedback

for deserving sellers.

Former seller and still sometimes buyer.

Keep warm!

Message 33 of 38
latest reply

A little hard to follow your story because you keep mixing up buyer and seller.  But I think I understood what you were saying.

The problem the seller had does not necessarily mean that their stats got messed up.  That is an assumption on your part.  This is a known issue on Ebay.  The seller just needs to contact Ebay.

As to feedback.  The change was a good one.  Most similar sites if not all of them do not allow negative FB for buyers.  In fact most other sites don't even allow sellers to leave FB for a buyer.  I wish Ebay would adopt that too.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 34 of 38
latest reply

Who cares if they are not paying for the item anyway? No seller's goal is to receive offers. The goal is to make sales. It keeps the trolls away. 100% in favor of this.

Message 35 of 38
latest reply

@allelitefinds wrote:

Who cares if they are not paying for the item anyway? No seller's goal is to receive offers. The goal is to make sales. It keeps the trolls away. 100% in favor of this.

If a payment source is required when you submit an offer to a seller and then the seller accepts that offer, the seller DOES get paid via the buyer's payment source.  They are testing this on auctions too.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 36 of 38
latest reply

yeah.. well it is not just "trolls" it is keeping away. 

Message 37 of 38
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 38 of 38
latest reply